Richard Sherman Released

showtime

Honestly, not sad because I feel like this is what needed to happen. It has been a dysfunctional unit the past 2 seasons and a lot of premadonna ego’s. I couldn’t wait to get rid of Bennett. I appreciate everything Sherman did for us, and he will go down as one of the best Hawks of all time. 

4 hours ago, JJO said:

Honestly, not sad because I feel like this is what needed to happen. It has been a dysfunctional unit the past 2 seasons and a lot of premadonna ego’s. I couldn’t wait to get rid of Bennett. I appreciate everything Sherman did for us, and he will go down as one of the best Hawks of all time. 

I see where you're coming from.  It just sucks to release Sherman and get nothing in return.  Plus, going to the 49ers stings as well.

This forum was a ghost town because any time someone created a thread to start a discussion Tatupu 64 would immediately delete it and say it could be discussed in an ongoing thread... 

As for Sherman, sucks to lose him, but a necessary casualty to get cap room to sign younger more viable players. I actually think Seattle is fairly set in the secondary. We resigned McDougald and spend a ton of draft picks last year on that position. 

6 hours ago, showtime said:

How do you guys feel about some of our divisional rivals improving their quality of CB play (Rams and Niners) while we have regressed in that department?

Overrated. 

The 9ers signed Sherman, whatever. Sherman may recover and I wish him well but an achilles is extremely difficult to come back from.

As for the Rams, are they just signing every aging/injury prone CB on the market? Either the Rams get lucky and everyone stays healthy/doesn't regress/no law trouble and they assemble the best CB crew of all time, or they don't stay healthy/regress/get arrested and it's one of the biggest joke crews of all time.

Rams went FULL boom/bust with the secondary. I'm betting it backfires more than producing results, but we shall see... 

49ers don't scare me at all, even with Sherman. 

6 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Overrated. 

The 9ers signed Sherman, whatever. Sherman may recover and I wish him well but an achilles is extremely difficult to come back from.

As for the Rams, are they just signing every aging/injury prone CB on the market? Either the Rams get lucky and everyone stays healthy/doesn't regress/no law trouble and they assemble the best CB crew of all time, or they don't stay healthy/regress/get arrested and it's one of the biggest joke crews of all time.

Rams went FULL boom/bust with the secondary. I'm betting it backfires more than producing results, but we shall see... 

49ers don't scare me at all, even with Sherman. 

I agree with the Niners not being a scary team at this point.  As far as the Rams go, both Peters and Talib are top flight CB's.  Peters is playing for a new contract and Talib is getting older and probably wants to stick on the team.  I'm willing to bet it works out really well for the Rams, at least for this upcoming season.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

I agree with the Niners not being a scary team at this point.  As far as the Rams go, both Peters and Talib are top flight CB's.  Peters is playing for a new contract and Talib is getting older and probably wants to stick on the team.  I'm willing to bet it works out really well for the Rams, at least for this upcoming season.

Agree that Peters/Talib have every incentive to try... I think the Rams CB crew will work out fine IF they stay healthy and out of trouble.

That said, Peters is an attitude problem (and now going to be in LA), Talib is 32, and Shields is a concussion waiting to happen, I'm not so sure. 

1 minute ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Agree that Peters/Talib have every incentive to try... I think the Rams CB crew will work out fine IF they stay healthy and out of trouble.

That said, Peters is an attitude problem (and now going to be in LA), Talib is 32, and Shields is a concussion waiting to happen, I'm not so sure. 

You make some really fair points and I do agree that there is a decent shot that problems may arise with that crew.  Should be an interesting season.  Looking forward to seeing how their CB's progress throughout the year and hopefully the Seahawks' CBs can make some noise as well.

Archived