Trades around NFL

Johnny Nix

With all these trades happening around the NFL, do you wish the Bengals would get more involved in trading for players? Or are you happy just marching mostly the same players out each year and drafting guys to play down the road?

Of course the McCarron trade would have been awesome if it went through. That one still stings. 

Just would have made sense to offload some guys last year for picks to trade around. 

Any guys you would trade for? I would be interested in getting Justin Houston if the price was right. I think him and AJ Green are pals. Would have traded for Robert Quinn and cut MJ

I did a little looking, and it seems like Buffalo will not cut or trade Glenn prior to June 1 for cap reasons. I do like the trading though. We have too many picks, might as well trade them for vets who can help. Particularly if it's a 5th or later, there's not much to get out if those picks for us.

I’m still smiling from the Glenn trade. The front office was actually proactive and went out and got a deal done without even losing a draft pick. Between that and resigning Huber I’ve got to say I’m pretty surprised that they are where they are now.

Archived