Martin’s Market Now Set

textaz03

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

the market for OG Zach Martin is now set. We got some work to do to help our CAP space and get Martin under contract long term. But, I fully expect this to be the base line

I don't think this is the baseline simply because the Jags always have to overpay!

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Maybe we should trade him for a 2nd round pick.

Sure hope thats sarcasm!

I might consider moving him for a top 5 pick, but thatz it. And even then, I am reluctant. In the draft you never know what someone will end uo being, and with Martin, you know you have the best in the league at his position. Those guys are hard to find.

And in this years draft, unless Im so sold on James that Id take him top 5, I would not bother. Chubb looks the part but those types bust so easily and so often. And because of rhe QB heavy draft, theres gonna be some good players sliding out of the top 10.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Sure hope thats sarcasm!

I might consider moving him for a top 5 pick, but thatz it. And even then, I am reluctant. In the draft you never know what someone will end uo being, and with Martin, you know you have the best in the league at his position. Those guys are hard to find.

And in this years draft, unless Im so sold on James that Id take him top 5, I would not bother. Chubb looks the part but those types bust so easily and so often. And because of rhe QB heavy draft, theres gonna be some good players sliding out of the top 10.

Yup, it was definitely sarcasm.

Archived