The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

TLDR he has NIL provisions requiring him to start a set amount of games next year and asked Ryan Day for a guarantee he’d start that number lol 

Thanks for giving the paywall cliffs lol. 

If this is true, yeah, I'm glad we got McCord and Brown instead of him even if he does turn out great. Hopefully that Montgomery kid from Findley continues to progress for our future assuming he wants to stay closer to home.

I’m all for NIL. Coaches and everyone else but the participants have gotten a slice far too long. With that said, the thing you don’t like is the bartering that obviously goes on. A guy gets a 7 figure NIL deal and early enrolls but the deal is contingent on starting in 2022. Obviously, he’s good enough talent to start about anywhere, but now he’s going to sift through the portal bartering gif guarantees elsewhere. If I was a QB I’d just transfer if he was coming there.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think there is going to be some interesting coaching shakeup on the team this off-season, particularly on the defensive staff.

Haven't really paid too much attention to them as of late but a Big XII DC doesn't really inspire a ton of confidence lol. 

Anyone else have more insight into him?

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Haven't really paid too much attention to them as of late but a Big XII DC doesn't really inspire a ton of confidence lol. 

Oklahoma State was carried by its defense. It was actually really good.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I think he is kind of the in-demand defensive coordinator this off-season aside from the cast-off retread head coaches around CFB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Encouraging words. I only caught 2 games this year so I'm not sure what to think. If he does well with who they recruit, hoping he can build one of the best in the country here

They just need a change and to be more aggressive on defense. Part of it I think if they have no linebackers that can attack. We will see what happens. I still think there will be a few changes on the defensive staff. And a lot of talk that Larry Johnson could be hanging it up either this off-season or next off-season. I would fire Al Washington tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

They just need a change and to be more aggressive on defense. Part of it I think if they have no linebackers that can attack. We will see what happens. I still think there will be a few changes on the defensive staff. And a lot of talk that Larry Johnson could be hanging it up either this off-season or next off-season. I would fire Al Washington tomorrow.

Agree on the aggressiveness. Very much agree. They were not inspiring at all this season and very mundane. Very sad news LJ might be going. I wasn't aware of that. 

• Like 1