The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

19 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Henderson blacked out his profile picture and scrubbed everything OSU related in his bios. Still had a lot of pics up but this could turn into something unpleasant. I know he's had his Twitter replies turned off for a long time as fans have really been *******s to him. Really hope he doesn't leave

Henderson can go, we need guys who arent afraid to go through tough times 

19 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Meh while I agree and hope he stays, the high school black out of social media drama doesn’t do much for me. If you want to play on the big stage, criticism comes based on performance. Sounds like same story with Tyleik Williams. I’m not one to waste time reading into the social media games. 

This is a direct result of LJSr being too loyal to T.Vincent, there was no way we shouldn't have not come out with our best DTs on the field, Why in the hell did we not see Hall and Williams on the field at the same time. They would have been a terror. That would hurt if he leaves

15 hours ago, pf9 said:

I hope Jim Harbaugh gets lured back to the NFL, perhaps as Carolina's coach.

I don't, as much as it hurts, this is great for college football. Maybe Day will understand how much better he has to become in order to be called an elite college football coach. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Henderson can go, we need guys who arent afraid to go through tough times 

While I get the sentiment, we saw how bad our RB situation was this year and we currently have no '23 commits at that position. The transfer portal is already hopping but usually those guys don't come in to be backups hence the reason most transfer in the first place. If Mayin chooses to go pro (doubt he will), and Trey leaves, we are essentially ****ed at the position. Pryor is a starter on most teams but we aren't sure if his knee will hold up. If he were to get hurt again, that leaves us w/ one more scholarship RB, a LB who used to play RB, and a couple walk-ons.

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

While I get the sentiment, we saw how bad our RB situation was this year and we currently have no '23 commits at that position. The transfer portal is already hopping but usually those guys don't come in to be backups hence the reason most transfer in the first place. If Mayin chooses to go pro (doubt he will), and Trey leaves, we are essentially ****ed at the position. Pryor is a starter on most teams but we aren't sure if his knee will hold up. If he were to get hurt again, that leaves us w/ one more scholarship RB, a LB who used to play RB, and a couple walk-ons.

You’re assuming no kid would want to transfer here and be a starting RB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You’re assuming no kid would want to transfer here and be a starting RB

You're right, I am. Maybe someone will but what would that also do for Hayden or Pryor if he's healthy? To bring someone new in and have them start immediately over may not sit well. I'm not saying I'm right in my line of thinking, simply just providing scenarios.

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You're right, I am. Maybe someone will but what would that also do for Hayden or Pryor if he's healthy? To bring someone new in and have them start immediately over may not sit well. I'm not saying I'm right in my line of thinking, simply just providing scenarios.

Don't forget that Pryor is a super dynamic prospect that likely comes back at or close to 100% healthy. Throw in a year 2 Hayden who looked pretty good, and perhaps even Williams comes back next year as well. That's a very good 3 headed monster. 

Sure, Henderson has the potential to be special when healthy, but if he's going to sulk, then I wish him well when he goes and transfers to USC or somewhere else.

Throw in the portal also potentially helping us, and I don't think there's that much to worry about. Also, insert joke about Ryan Day refusing to commit to the run here. We ran for like 130 yards in the 1st half at about 8 yards a clip and he decided to go RPO/bubble/downfield shot on 2nd and 2 over and over, refusing to commit to it consistently despite a 2 safety look throughout the game.

Minter bet hard on Day refusing to be patient and he was right. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Don't forget that Pryor is a super dynamic prospect that likely comes back at or close to 100% healthy. Throw in a year 2 Hayden who looked pretty good, and perhaps even Williams comes back next year as well. That's a very good 3 headed monster. 

Sure, Henderson has the potential to be special when healthy, but if he's going to sulk, then I wish him well when he goes and transfers to USC or somewhere else.

Throw in the portal also potentially helping us, and I don't think there's that much to worry about. Also, insert joke about Ryan Day refusing to commit to the run here. We ran for like 130 yards in the 1st half at about 8 yards a clip and he decided to go RPO/bubble/downfield shot on 2nd and 2 over and over, refusing to commit to it consistently despite a 2 safety look throughout the game.

Minter bet hard on Day refusing to be patient and he was right. 

Huge fan of Pryor's game. I was legit upset when he went down b/c I feel he's the best back on our team. No disagreement about it being a three headed monster but you saw how injuries absolutely decimated the group this year and it never felt like any of those guys were truly healthy except Hayden who did very well as a true freshman. Lot of potential there but if they can't stay healthy, we're going to be right back where we were this year. I really do like that trio though.

I would hope we can get portal guys but like I've said, I don't see why people would transfer b/c they're a backup to move to another school where they're going to be a backup. Maybe I'm just not fully grasping things here and I'm wrong in my assumption. I'm sure we'll get a guy from the '23 class to come in but we're late in the process so who knows. Losing Fletcher definitely wasn't ideal.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Huge fan of Pryor's game. I was legit upset when he went down b/c I feel he's the best back on our team. No disagreement about it being a three headed monster but you saw how injuries absolutely decimated the group this year and it never felt like any of those guys were truly healthy except Hayden who did very well as a true freshman. Lot of potential there but if they can't stay healthy, we're going to be right back where we were this year. I really do like that trio though.

As bad overall as the B1G is, it's a very physical conference, and injuries took their toll, just like they did for UM. Yet somehow, their backup RB found a way with a broken hand to get it done, and to be blunt, our 4th string LB/RB was running all over them too, but one coach stuck to the game/committed to it and one didn't.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I would hope we can get portal guys but like I've said, I don't see why people would transfer b/c they're a backup to move to another school where they're going to be a backup. Maybe I'm just not fully grasping things here and I'm wrong in my assumption. I'm sure we'll get a guy from the '23 class to come in but we're late in the process so who knows. Losing Fletcher definitely wasn't ideal.

If Williams comes back, I'll roll with those 3 and worry about more pressing issues, like our woeful secondary.

I’m not super worried about the running back position. Unless Treveyon is going to develop into an elite player, he’s just one of the guys at the position at this point. Now, he is a really good talent, so maybe he will make that next step. But this season he was the worst of the guys we saw at the position, granted, we did not see him healthy.  Besides, maybe we will have a linebacker that’s ready to play the position Michigan-week next year. 

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As bad overall as the B1G is, it's a very physical conference, and injuries took their toll, just like they did for UM. Yet somehow, their backup RB found a way with a broken hand to get it done, and to be blunt, our 4th string LB/RB was running all over them too, but one coach stuck to the game/committed to it and one didn't.

If Williams comes back, I'll roll with those 3 and worry about more pressing issues, like our woeful secondary.

Chip ran the ball so well and I was very happy to see that. Maybe I am overreacting a bit or just worried about the future since we have no RB in this class. We could easily lose Miyan, Trey, and Evan after next season.

Agreed about the secondary but this is Knowles first year and he's playing w/ other guy's recruits. I'm still holding out hope and thinking he'll get it right.

31 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not super worried about the running back position. Unless Treveyon is going to develop into an elite player, he’s just one of the guys at the position at this point. Now, he is a really good talent, so maybe he will make that next step. But this season he was the worst of the guys we saw at the position, granted, we did not see him healthy.  Besides, maybe we will have a linebacker that’s ready to play the position Michigan-week next year. 

Yeah, I feel like the criticism of Trey is a little unwarranted considering he was playing w/ torn ligaments and broken bones in his foot this season. Not entirely sure when all that happened but I believe it was after Toledo that he was in a boot. He was spectacular last year and looks to have the traits of every elite back. Just hope he gets healthy and sticks w/ us and can get back to the '21 form.

59 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What the hell are we going to do about how horrible our DBs have been playing? We all know they are all talented, but there is a clear disconnect 

Bingo. The secondary has been an absolute disaster for 3 years now, and this used to be DB U for about a 25-30 year period of time.

We're at the point where I'd kill for Gary Berry and Donnie Nickey at Safety and I wouldn't be mad if we had Dustin Fox at Corner. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Chip ran the ball so well and I was very happy to see that. Maybe I am overreacting a bit or just worried about the future since we have no RB in this class. We could easily lose Miyan, Trey, and Evan after next season.

Agreed about the secondary but this is Knowles first year and he's playing w/ other guy's recruits. I'm still holding out hope and thinking he'll get it right.

Serious question:

Why is anyone holding out hope on Knowles at this point? He's a BIG XII guy who isn't from Ohio and has no idea what it takes to be a good/great DC or understand this rivalry at all. He's not an Ohio guy. And those recruits are a bunch of 5 stars. Is he really going to "bring in his own guys" and be more talented? I don't think so.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Serious question:

Why is anyone holding out hope on Knowles at this point? He's a BIG XII guy who isn't from Ohio and has no idea what it takes to be a good/great DC or understand this rivalry at all. He's not an Ohio guy. And those recruits are a bunch of 5 stars. Is he really going to "bring in his own guys" and be more talented? I don't think so.

Well, in a conference w/ high powered offenses, he made OkSt's defense pretty admirable. Something that conference hadn't seen in quite some time. You are correct in the sense that he doesn't know about the rivalry but why can't he learn about it, embrace it, then fully grasp it? From what I understand, players absolutely love this dude and he turned a pretty meh defense into something pretty damn good in one year. I've also read that he is taking this loss pretty hard as well so I don't see why it's out of the realm of possibilities that he can't learn to appreciate the rivalry and become a part of it.

You know more about coaching than I do but I do know that we had some pretty awful performances on defense last year then he came in and we didn't have nearly as many. I don't see why we should give up on a guy after one year when he turned **** into something pretty appealing. It's all personal opinion though.