The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

After the Michigan State victory, we sit at 16-12 with 3 regular season games to go.

2/29   NEB

3/03   _ICH

3/10   at Rutgers.

Nebraska is ahead of us with a league record of 10-7, BUT...... they are 9-0 in league play in Lincoln, and a dreadful 1-7 on enemy floors.

_ich is the worst team in the B1G by a mile. 3-14 league record and included in that is a 1-8 road record.

At Rutgers to close the season could be a tough way to finish. Like us, they are 6-11 in league play. But they are 4-3 at home, and historically the RAC has not been kind to visiting Buckeye teams.

BUT...... just for the sake of this post; I say we find a way to sweep the remaining 3 games. If we do that, we probably land in the 11 seed slot in the BTT. That means a Wednesday game aginst the 14 seed. (_ich). If we win that, we would then have 20 wins on the season.

With 20 wins on the season - do you think the NIT extends an invitation? I say yes. I took a look at last year's bracket and approximately half the field had 19 or fewer wins. And we all know how well Buckeye Nation travels. That cannot hurt their chances.

Thoughts?

I was kinda surprised when they said Luke Montgomery was working as a RG instead of RT. Thought it might be more natural to have those two flip. Was reading around and saw someone say that they might want Luke at guard because he is more athletic and might be able to do more for the run game under Chip. He does like doing a lot of pulling with guards leading up or around

We just got a commitment in the '24 class. A punter from Australia. Nothing to normally be excited about except he's 6'7", 255 and has supposedly had a 90 yard punt. Did I mention he has a rugby background?

4th downs will be very interesting.

18 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We just got a commitment in the '24 class. A punter from Australia. Nothing to normally be excited about except he's 6'7", 255 and has supposedly had a 90 yard punt. Did I mention he has a rugby background?

4th downs will be very interesting.

He might be racing the coverage team down the field to see who gets the tackle LoL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raves said:

He might be racing the coverage team down the field to see who gets the tackle LoL

I didn't think about that part of it lol. The punter looking to hit someone! I'm looking forward to this even more now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...