The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

obama-come-on-what-2.gif

Premier program gets premium players

Love y'all but my man...

Assumed he was UGA bound and with everyone coming back on defense, thought it wouldn't happen. 

Looks like Styles will move down to play the box at LB and Downs will have that spot. 

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If true, this doesn't sit very well with me.  That's doing Air Noland dirty at the last possible second.

It feels gross honestly. As much as I want the best players, there's something unsettling about just getting every elite player to come through. I miss recruit and develop. Now it feels like recruit and recruit.

6 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

It feels gross honestly. As much as I want the best players, there's something unsettling about just getting every elite player to come through. I miss recruit and develop. Now it feels like recruit and recruit.

Transfer Portal changed the game and this is why I feel there should be some restrictions. Even so, Bama players transferring would be legit bc Saban retired. I don't think there should ever have been a problem if the coach who recruited you left or retired. 

17 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Transfer Portal changed the game and this is why I feel there should be some restrictions. Even so, Bama players transferring would be legit bc Saban retired. I don't think there should ever have been a problem if the coach who recruited you left or retired. 

I think each individual transfer is fine, but the mass movement feels weird. And I do think it's good players have options to move, I just wish college football provided an environment that made sure players didn't feel like they needed to.

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

CFB is ruined.

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

CFB is ruined.

Maybe. I'm trying not to be an old guy yelling people off my lawn and I understand I won't have the same connection now that I did when I had the occasional class with a player, but it feels like we've moved to an NFL minor league without the sense of it being part of the community. The players aren't one of us that just happen to be elite athletes working to be professionals the same way everyone else on campus is working towards their careers. I don't know how much popularity they can maintain as just a minor league.

Anyway. Looking forward to a great Ohio State team this year. 

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm trying not to be an old guy yelling people off my lawn

I've fully embraced my "I'm getting old, shake my fist angrily yelling at cloud Abe Simpson" self, and I'm only in my early 40's, lol.