The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Yeah, I’m not necessarily saying that bringing him in is a hindrance to the run game. I’m just saying that’s still the factor that’s being determined as far as how this offense goes. The physicality upfront was pathetic last season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, I’m not necessarily saying that bringing him in is a hindrance to the run game. I’m just saying that’s still the factor that’s being determined as far as how this offense goes. The physicality upfront was pathetic last season.

Oh I agree. I'm wondering how much we'll change our identity on offense considering the new people brought in. Maybe since all offensive coaches have familiarity with each other, they might work better. Will be interesting to see

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man this Chip Kelly hiring is unreal

to get him as our OC?!?!!

I was coming around to the idea of BOB but this is just on a whole nother level 

Chip Kelly’s scheme is super soft and he sucks. He will fit right into this Laissez Faire toxic culture.

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Look at it this way, it took kelly frye until yr3 to establish a running attack that would ultimately be a top20 rushing attack for the next 4yrs.

yes we want a dominant running attack and it was going to take time to replace Studrawa imprint. Frye's first year the team was built to pass the ball and the RBs were often injured in '22. Last year it was a pieces together OL with a bunch of new guys with loads of inexperienced. Which is going to be the oppo this year. Im hoping frye gets kicked into RG because he is stud run blocker but struggles to handle the edge. I think an interior of jackson Mclaughlin and Frye could be a darn good G-C-G. It be great to see Montegomery (sp?) take over RT. Physically didn't think he was ready last year but next year he could. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

At least the Holtman experiment is over. Sucks bc he was great at bringing people in but just couldn't get the job done all year. Hope we don't lose too much of the talent we have. Interested to see who the next coach will be

Word on the street is they are going after South Carolina's coach, and Sean Miller is the backup plan.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Word on the street is they are going after South Carolina's coach, and Sean Miller is the backup plan.

Don't follow CBB too much but SC is pretty good. That would be great! Sean Miller is the opposite at Xavier though....

Appreciate the info! I know which of those guys I'll be rooting for us to obtain

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2023/12/143958/ohio-state-promotes-james-laurinaitis-to-linebackers-coach

laurinaitis is the new LB coach.

we knew the defense was going to be even better but maybe freeing knowles up from a position and he can just focus on the entire defense could be even better!

can he please become the hartline of LBs lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Maybe Holtman really was the issue. Hell of a performance by this team today. Fun game to watch. Really hope they can find a way to keep these players around and limit the number of transfers

Holtmann should have been fired last year. He’s not a “Power 5” caliber coach.