The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 1/13/2024 at 8:25 AM, buno67 said:

Looks like  4* DE Dominic Kirks, Ohio kid 35mins East of Cleveland. Decommited from Washington and has an OV with Ohio St coming up.

he was recruited early and hard by Washington and he stayed loyal to them but after he lost his position coach and now the HC he is looking elsewhere.

if he committed, I believe OSU would jump up to a #3 class. 

Kirks committed today

• Like 1

The Michigan rivalry game needs a trophy. How about a US Route 23 shield since the highway passes through both Columbus and Ann Arbor (without actually going through either campus).

Julian Sayin did indeed pick OSU. Strange times. That’s two top 5 quarterbacks in the 2024 class now. I guess we will see how the spring portal window goes but I don’t expect Devin Brown to stick it out with Will Howard having transferred in. Keinholz and Noland, guess we will see. Throughout the process, Sayin was the guy they liked most but he was locked in on Bama with Saban. We have seen in the past though that Ryan Day does not always get it right with his QB choices. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Julian Sayin did indeed pick OSU. Strange times. That’s two top 5 quarterbacks in the 2024 class now. I guess we will see how the spring portal window goes but I don’t expect Devin Brown to stick it out with Will Howard having transferred in. Keinholz and Noland, guess we will see. Throughout the process, Sayin was the guy they liked most but he was locked in on Bama with Saban. We have seen in the past though that Ryan Day does not always get it right with his QB choices. 

In my opinion, besides Kyle McCord.  Day has meda the right choice each year. I'm not sure if Devin Brown would have been a better choice but we'll never know.

2018 - (Dwayne Haskins)

2019 - 2020 (Justin Fields)

2021 - 2022 (CJ Stroud)

2023 - (Kyle McCord)

Peace!!!

56 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

In my opinion, besides Kyle McCord.  Day has meda the right choice each year. I'm not sure if Devin Brown would have been a better choice but we'll never know.

2018 - (Dwayne Haskins)

2019 - 2020 (Justin Fields)

2021 - 2022 (CJ Stroud)

2023 - (Kyle McCord)

Peace!!!

actually he was right about '23, he knew it was supposed to be Ewers or planned it to be but him reclassifying screwed everything up and we were kinda stuck with Mccord IMO. If you look at Brown and Mccord, it seems like Mccord was the right one

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Someone's leaving and that's fine. Air said he's locked in and wants to competition. His attitude is amazing. If I was to guess, Devin or Lincoln will enter in the spring. Regardless, our future is wild. 

yeah who cares about them both being here, neither are going to play next year. Both will sit behind Howard. IDK, if you are a QB, sitting for a year and learning from Day and BoB isnt a bad idea. They can compete for the job the following year and the loser can transfer