The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

bones maintained JT Barrett as an elite level QB until he took his final snap. Don’t try telling him anyone on this team isn’t elite.

Defense will be elite and the RBs are elite. WRs have elite potential. I just think the OL and QB play will be better because of experience.

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Miami bought multiple guys from our class last year and we couldn't stay in it for some other guys in some tight recruitments. This isn’t really much of a debate.

It just shows OSU wont hand out the biggest bag for players. I really wanted Jordan Lyles but he wanted the most money and picked Miami. Didnt hurt too much when OSU had a higher rated back in the class. Just think its smarter to pay top dollar for your players and not just for recruits. It be an issue if OSU wasnt pulling in a top tier class

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

It's crazy I have no idea how NIL works

like do college teams just flat out give money to players? I dont get it. 

A lot of college programs don’t know how NIL worth either lol

basically a collective forms for the school and they figure out how to spend the money on the roster

Looks like  4* DE Dominic Kirks, Ohio kid 35mins East of Cleveland. Decommited from Washington and has an OV with Ohio St coming up.

he was recruited early and hard by Washington and he stayed loyal to them but after he lost his position coach and now the HC he is looking elsewhere.

if he committed, I believe OSU would jump up to a #3 class. 

• Like 1

Is it a national championship appearance or bust for Ryan Day next year? If he doesn’t make it, I can’t envision a scenario in which he ever would.

No more Saban and probably Harbs.

I’d give him a slight pass if he lost to Georgia in the title game next year.

However, no excuses next year. It’s win or he’s gone.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is it a national championship appearance or bust for Ryan Day next year? If he doesn’t make it, I can’t envision a scenario in which he ever would.

No more Saban and probably Harbs.

I’d give him a slight pass if he lost to Georgia in the title game next year.

However, no excuses next year. It’s win or he’s gone.

He already has a title game appearance…

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Dude hired Jimbo and fired him to the tune of a $77M buyout. Talk about falling upward.

I believe that Jimbo was already at A&M when Bjork was hired on. However, he did sign Jimbo to the extension (with a little prodding from donors).

Yeah BoB is official. Dont like the dude. Not sure what to think of the hire from a football sense. On the plus side some of what we saw from the offense last year under Day was egregious so at least the keys are in someone else’s hand. 

At least he’s experienced 

and it’s the type of move that if we still suck that it’s significant enough that Day would be fireable if it doesn’t work out 

But I mean it could. Bryce won the Heisman with BOB and Brady had good years. 

I am surprised BOB doesn’t have any Super Bowl wins with Brady. 

BOB should also be a solid recruiter too in our area. He had to learn something after being Penn State’s HC. I won’t judge him too much off this latest patriots stint. That offensive roster was trash.