The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Last year Day said that they would need 13M to keep the roster together for this season. So one player, regardless of how good, making 20M+ seems like a stretch. Especially when you consider there is another group of 5*s like Tate/Ballard/Innis that are basically waiting for MHJ/Egbuka to leave lol

If OSU was average at recruiting WRs, I could see a crazy offer but you got real dudes behind the current starters waiting to take over. Let him go and spend that money on OL/DL recruits

Yeah, he would be the best returning player in the country, but they are going to be extremely solid at receiver, and with that kind of number they would bring in a group of great players at a number of positions they could use in theory. Along with keeping their current roster of returning/declaring guys intact aside from Marvin. That just doesn’t make sense to me.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, he would be the best returning player in the country, but they are going to be extremely solid at receiver, and with that kind of number they would bring in a group of great players at a number of positions they could use in theory. Along with keeping their current roster of returning/declaring guys intact aside from Marvin. That just doesn’t make sense to me.

Yep and at this point I would expect Egbuka to consider coming back for his senior season before Marvin since he was injured practically the entire year and tanked his draft stock in the process. He was supposed to be WR2 in the draft behind MHJ, now all of a sudden he is like WR5-6 and a 2nd round pick because he didn't play half the season.

Egbuka is in a similar spot as Henderson. Come back for 1 more year and solidify yourself as a 1st RP or leave for the draft after having injury plagued years and be a 2nd-3rd round pick.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Think I'm going to start making monthly contributions to The 1870 Society. They said 100% of the proceeds go to the football team and as ****ty as this sounds, that's what I want. We'd be kidding ourselves to think this sport doesn't assist in keeping the others afloat so I don't feel bad about it.

A lot of rumors floating around that players that can come back or enter the draft, might come back. Supposedly everyone is not happy w/ how things ended and they might come back for another year. This includes the entire DL. Not sure how much I believe this but just throwing it out there. I would be elated if Hall and Tyleik came back.

As of now, Cody Simon has said he's returning. Emeka said he's still undecided but is going to play in the bowl game. I'm guessing he's going to see how his draft stock could be effected by that game and make his decision afterwards. Maybe see how the direction of the QB position looks might play into it? We'll see.

Forgot to add Burke is playing in the bowl game as well while being undecided about the draft. I don't see why he'd return. W/ the rollercoaster his career has been while here, leave while your stock is the highest it's ever been. I don't see how he's not a first round pick.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

Who gonna play for us then? 😂 

Mccord ain’t coming back

I think we get Ward

Let's rock w/ Devin for the Cotton Bowl and see what he can do. Could just be player talk but words are his play from the first couple practices at the helm have got guys excited. Get the feeling people really didn't like McCord, to be honest.

Yeah, I think you can basically tell from the comments from Ohio State players they aren’t big McCord fans. Just my own perception but it seems like he was the Bo Callahan of our team, minus the 1st round talent. I just don’t think they have seen a portal guy yet who makes them think he is a better option than what we currently have, certainly not good enough out there too kick the other two guys to the curb and be left with just the transfer. We will see what Brown looks like in the bowl game I guess. There was a lot of preseason talk that he was going to be the starter. I’m not sold yet but I guess I have not seen enough either.

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, I think you can basically tell from the comments from Ohio State players they aren’t big McCord fans. Just my own perception but it seems like he was the Bo Callahan of our team, minus the 1st round talent. I just don’t think they have seen a portal guy yet who makes them think he is a better option than what we currently have, certainly not good enough out there too kick the other two guys to the curb and be left with just the transfer. We will see what Brown looks like in the bowl game I guess. There was a lot of preseason talk that he was going to be the starter. I’m not sold yet but I guess I have not seen enough either.

giphy.gif

This would also probably **** off Air Noland because with 2 years of Murphy, doesnt that mean he would have to come in next year and redshirt? With their shaky QB situation I really dont know how much they would want to rock the boat with their only really good QB commit coming in.

Not to mention Brown and Lincoln too who think its their turn.

I guess the only ones who know are the coaches. They see these guys in practice for the past year, they know what they do and dont have. We will see just how good they feel about Brown/Lincoln soon.

However, part of me believes if they know Murphys talent and that he is a better option than the next guy--they make a move simply because I have a feeling certain peoples jobs are on the line with the results of next year. Sucks going back to back years with first time starting QBs.

Edited by AkronsWitness