Weston Richburg to sign 5 year deal

NcFinest9erFan

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You don't sign that man for that much and not expect him to play C when Shanny rates centers above guards. 

Staley-Garnett-Richburg-?-Brown

So who will start at RG? Kilgore? Tomlinson? Magnuson? Rookie? 

How do we know he rates centers above guards? 

Until he gets cut, I'm just assuming Beadles is finding his way into the lineup somehow lol

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You don't sign that man for that much and not expect him to play C when Shanny rates centers above guards. 

Staley-Garnett-Richburg-?-Brown

So who will start at RG? Kilgore? Tomlinson? Magnuson? Rookie? 

Winner of the cage fight.

I can't possibly imagine him playing G this year. 0% chance. I know the FO or Shanahan hasn't stated anything, but come on. Richburg will be the C. Signing Kilgore was a precaution. Signing Richburg is an upgrade.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

I can't possibly imagine him playing G this year. 0% chance. I know the FO or Shanahan hasn't stated anything, but come on. Richburg will be the C. Signing Kilgore was a precaution. Signing Richburg is an upgrade.

Richburg would also be an upgrade over Beadles, and would fit the scheme better than both Tomlinson and Garnett tbh, and could probably be considered an upgrade to both in shanny's mind since he does. If he thinks the line is better Garnett-kilgore-richburg even if you're not getting the best of richburg as opposed to Garnett/richburg/Tomlinson or Beadles or Kilgore, then I could totally see him do it. My hope is that richburg is the center.

I don't think that Kilgore was a precaution per se, he's very well liked and thought of in that locker room. You could see the writing on the wall toward the end of the season that we were re-signing him. 

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

How do we know he rates centers above guards? 

Until he gets cut, I'm just assuming Beadles is finding his way into the lineup somehow lol

Fans of both the Browns and Falcons have said this for a while. His big move for his offense in Atlanta was the Mack signing. He told Maiocco in one of their weekly interviews just how important the C position is to his offense and why Kilgore is underappreciated (L-O-L).

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

So I'm guessing we have about 30 mil left in space

h

You could minus about 8-9 for the rookies, so around 34-35 million. Still enough to go after guys like Pugh or Sitton or even the Honey Badger. Though if we are going after the latter for 10+ million, taking Fitzpatrick or James in the 1st round could be the better option. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

h

You could minus about 8-9 for the rookies, so around 34-35 million. Still enough to go after guys like Pugh or Sitton or even the Honey Badger. Though if we are going after the latter for 10+ million, taking Fitzpatrick or James in the 1st round could be the better option. 

Okay cool, I was about 5 off. Was already subtracting for rookies. That's still a good amount of space, even with front load on the contracts

Nothing wrong with rolling some cap over to next season, either. I expect the front office will probably roll tens of millions, setting up for more moves down the line. The team's not at the point to go all-in for a Super Bowl bid. Not quite yet. Going in big for an elite EDGE may well be the move that puts the team over the top into contender status, but it's not going to happen this year.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are those numbers including Jimmy Ward's kinda gross salary this season?

If so, that's great, and I'm glad they kept Ward. Don't like him at 8.5 million or whatever the price is this season, but I think he's a fine player and has had bad luck with injuries, and the team seems to share that opinion. Would like to see him re-signed to a reasonable extension if he can stay healthy this season.

Archived