QB rankings.

Xmad

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I like Russell Wilson, but he gets overrated way too much on here.   He is a very good QB....but he is very streaky.   The people that love him focus too much on the hot streaks and the people that hate him focus on the not so hot streaks.     In general, I believe he is a top 10 QB....but top 3?

You know what, its just easier to say WalterFootball is a joke.   At least its not referenced on here all the time like PFF is, though.   

Wilson is a tough QB to get a read on, still.  He has some great elements around him propping him up...but at the same time, the guy made an absolutely trash O-Line and pretty mediocre skill position talent work last year.  While hobbling around half the time.  He's not Top-3, but he pretty consistently delivers when it counts.  He's well up there at the top of the list.

On 8/8/2017 at 5:20 AM, Tugboat said:

Honestly, right now it feels to me like there's basically a group of 3:

Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben.

Then a big whack of at least a dozen guys who i could see reasonable arguments for in all sorts of different order.  Then a handful of "adequate" guys.  Then a whack of guys that just aren't good enough.

Big Ben, but no Brees...

On 8/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, Raves said:

Big Ben, but no Brees...

A year or two ago, i would've absolutely included Brees there.  He's still absolutely in that group where you can make a totally solid argument for him as the next guy after those 3, if he's healthy and on top of his game and things go well for him.  But i don't think he's the same player he was.  If i were picking a QB to start the 2017 season for me...there are a handful i'd probably lean toward over Brees as better gambles these days.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

A year or two ago, i would've absolutely included Brees there.  He's still absolutely in that group where you can make a totally solid argument for him as the next guy after those 3, if he's healthy and on top of his game and things go well for him.  But i don't think he's the same player he was.  If i were picking a QB to start the 2017 season for me...there are a handful i'd probably lean toward over Brees as better gambles these days.

But he hasn't slowed down or performed worse than a year or two ago.  The dude is still putting up the same performances, hell last year was among the better of them.  Like I really don't know what you want him to do that he hasn't been doing since he go to New Orleans.

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

But he hasn't slowed down or performed worse than a year or two ago.  The dude is still putting up the same performances, hell last year was among the better of them.  Like I really don't know what you want him to do that he hasn't been doing since he go to New Orleans.

He wants him to play defense.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As always, a Top QB list is becoming about Brees.

Saints fans, a lot of people think Brees is in the 5-6 range and not 3-4. It's an opinion. No reason to cause drama over it every single time. 

It is an opinion but I'm not sure it is a fair one. 3rd would be fair. Roethlisberger had a Bessesque year a few years ago but Brees has had them every year. His team hasn't been relevant though so that drops him down in many people's eyes.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It is an opinion but I'm not sure it is a fair one. 3rd would be fair. Roethlisberger had a Bessesque year a few years ago but Brees has had them every year. His team hasn't been relevant though so that drops him down in many people's eyes.

He's still class.

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Brees is better than Ben.   

There....I said it.

I think you've said it before tbh. It doesn't really seem like that much of a concession to say Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Peyton are better than 'X' quarterback. I don't think Brees could do a lot of things that Ben does in Pittsburgh as well as Ben,  nor do I think Ben could do what Brees does as well as he does in his dome but Brees has been more consistent at what he does than Ben has from year to year. Still, I'd have Ben at #4 behind Brady/Rodgers/Brees.

This list is going to be changing soon though, one of these QBs is going to drop off fairly significantly here soon I just don't which one will go first.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

As always, a Top QB list is becoming about Brees.

Saints fans, a lot of people think Brees is in the 5-6 range and not 3-4. It's an opinion. No reason to cause drama over it every single time. 

Calling someone out for having bad opinions isn't drama.

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Calling someone out for having bad opinions isn't drama.

No, but there is a difference between calling it out and incessantly whining about it.

Not referring to you, but there are at least a few Saints fans (one in particular) that do nothing but look for posts to cry about how disrespected Brees is (even threads that really have nothing to do with him)....and Id probably agree with that sometimes if it werent for the way some go about it. 

Again, not directed at you, but I think thats why I think many non-Saints fans on here get annoyed when it comes to defending Brees.   He deserves to be defended at times, but a few guys take it over the top and give normal fans a bad wrap.  

Archived