Packers releasing WR Jordy Nelson

deltarich87

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Man I hope Clay doesn't get cut today, if he does I'll sincerely be worried about you. You're emotionally tied to the player not the bigger picture. This GM is not messing around, it's all about production now not past. Just to see all the players we were interested in like Watkins, Robinson etc should tell you no one is safe on this roster. If Gute can improve  a position he's pulling the trigger.

I'm looking at the big picture, thanks.  You are willing to make a laundry list of excuses for Graham's 2017 season while trying to ridiculously compare him to Gronk..... I'm not going to do that.  You are right though.  This GM isn't' messing around.  He's making moves just for the sake of making moves.  We've now got MAJOR issues at  2 of our most important position groups.  We've all seen the struggles the last 2 years at CB.  We all remember how terrible this offense was when we lost Jordy Nelson to injury. 

Might as well cut CM3... We are clearly are making moves without any sort of back up plans.  Kyler Fackrell starting at OLB wouldn't be any worse than our current situation at CB. 

Time will tell. 

Just now, SSG said:

I'm looking at the big picture, thanks.  You are willing to make a laundry list of excuses for Graham's 2017 season while trying to ridiculously compare him to Gronk..... I'm not going to do that.  You are right though.  This GM isn't' messing around.  He's making moves just for the sake of making moves.  We've now got MAJOR issues at  2 of our most important position groups.  We've all seen the struggles the last 2 years at CB.  We all remember how terrible this offense was when we lost Jordy Nelson to injury. 

Might as well cut CM3... We are clearly are making moves without any sort of back up plans.  Kyler Fackrell starting at OLB wouldn't be any worse than our current situation at CB. 

Time will tell. 

We had problems losing Jordy....3 years ago.

Now Davante is twice the WR he is, come on.

16 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Year Team                           G   Rec   Yds   TD  

2012 Green Bay Packers  16   64    784   14

lots of peps produce with ARod that's aren't really that great.

Wonder if he will get signed by the Raiders, then cut, and come back to GB as well.

JJ and Jordy really have followed similar career paths thus far,  Early drops,  system success,  health/physical deterioration.

I would love to see what ARod could do with a Jones/Green type WR, Watkins could have been that but 15-17m was too rich.  (Watkins was better than Hopkins coming out before you smirk), sad he will be wasted in KC unless Mahones gets unleashed, he will be my sleeper fantasy QB this year.

There is a pretty drastic difference between 64/ 784/ 14 TD and 94/ 1250/ 14.  James Jones was never even close to the caliber of WR that Jordy Nelson was athletically or production wise.  I also don't think Jordy Nelson was just a system WR. 

While I agree AR12 helps WRs look good our offense struggled badly in 2015 when we lost Nelson to his knee injury. 

10 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Honestly if he signs with Seattle I won't feel bad about cutting him anymore. 

We tossed him out with the trash...... Have a hard time feeling bad for a guy who doesn't believe his career is over. 

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

There is a pretty drastic difference between 64/ 784/ 14 TD and 94/ 1250/ 14.  James Jones was never even close to the caliber of WR that Jordy Nelson was athletically or production wise.  I also don't think Jordy Nelson was just a system WR. 

While I agree AR12 helps WRs look good our offense struggled badly in 2015 when we lost Nelson to his knee injury. 

JJ had that as a 3rd WR, Jordy started,

1 minute ago, SSG said:

We tossed him out with the trash...... Have a hard time feeling bad for a guy who doesn't believe his career is over. 

We cut a player we paid 55 million dollars to over the course of his career.

I'd settle for 5 million and my company can literally punt me out a window and dump the box of my stuff on my head after I hit the ground.

We had a great run with Jordy, but "tossing him out in the trash" sounds a bit ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We had problems losing Jordy....3 years ago.

Now Davante is twice the WR he is, come on.

And Cobb is half the WR he was.  2016 wasn't that long ago and Jordy was BY FAR our best and most talented WR. 

Its a moot point not really worth arguing.  We'll have to revisit next off season to see if we truly can just plug any warm body into our offense and get replacement level play for Jordy. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:
5 minutes ago, SSG said:

I'd settle for 5 million and my company can literally punt me out a window and dump the box of my stuff on my head after I hit the ground.

We had a great run with Jordy, but "tossing him out in the trash" sounds a bit ridiculous. 

I just have such a strong distaste for Seattle that I won't be able to cheer for Jordy there. I still feel bad for him being released from a personal standpoint, but it makes sense for the Packers

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So does disliking the man for finding another team that believes he has some worth.  We gave up on Jordy Nelson, simple as that.  The complete 2016 was ignored in favor of the 2017 season when Brett Hundley was leading the offense. 

Just now, SSG said:

And Cobb is half the WR he was.  2016 wasn't that long ago and Jordy was BY FAR our best and most talented WR. 

Its a moot point not really worth arguing.  We'll have to revisit next off season to see if we truly can just plug any warm body into our offense and get replacement level play for Jordy. 

Davante has been our best WR since the TNF Chicago game in 2016 where Rodgers trusted him with a few 50/50 balls with the offense stalling and Adams made the plays.

We scored 38 and 34 in the playoffs against 2 of the best teams in the NFC sans Jordy.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We cut a player we paid 55 million dollars to over the course of his career. I'd settle for 5 million and my company can literally punt me out a window and dump the box of my stuff on my head after I hit the ground.

PR with a strong contender for todays Post of the Day! :)
Anybody know who won it yesterday? In all the excitement, think I missed the announcement.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Davante has been our best WR since the TNF Chicago game in 2016 where Rodgers trusted him with a few 50/50 balls with the offense stalling and Adams made the plays.

We scored 38 and 34 in the playoffs against 2 of the best teams in the NFC sans Jordy.

Adams was certainly better in that playoff season but to be fair Jordy was knocked out early in the Giants game, missed the Dallas game and still wasn't 100% in the Atlanta game.  While Adams had a great game against Chicago, he put up stinkers in 3 of those 5 RS games down the stretch (2-3 catches for less than 30 yards).  Nelson lead the team in catches, yards and TDs by a large margin over that 5 game span.  Jordy had 5 TDs in those last 5 games before the rib injury in the playoffs. 

46 minutes ago, SSG said:

Time will tell. 

The offense was still pretty bad even with Jordy back IIRC, it wasn't until cook came back that they really took off. I think as long as Graham can stay healthy this is going to be one smooth offense this year.

Archived