Packers releasing WR Jordy Nelson

deltarich87

13 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

See he's visiting Oakland tomorrow. Does he have anything left? Didn't watch many Packer games last year.  

Hard to say. Did not have a great year last year, but Hundley certainly didn't do him any favors. Think he could still provide value in the slot and working the sideline if he can develop good chemistry with whoever is throwing to him. Days of him creating separation on his own are gone though.

19 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

See he's visiting Oakland tomorrow. Does he have anything left? Didn't watch many Packer games last year.  

Whats your CAP situation? How much money are you working with and who's on the bubble or out at WR for you?
Think I read that Crabtree wasnt coming back?

19 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I think he could very well have a Larry Fitz type twilight with a move to the slot. Jordy was most valuable to Rodgers because of their chemistry, and that takes a long time to build with a new QB but Nelson has some good years left in him if you ask me. GB will regret letting him go me thinks. 

9 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

wait wtf. If they sign Jordy, they'll cut Crabtree?

I’d take that trade off if we can pick Crabtree up. Still a perfectly passable boundary receiver who will probably be a lot cheaper than the rest have been.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whats your CAP situation? How much money are you working with and who's on the bubble or out at WR for you?
Think I read that Crabtree wasnt coming back?

Raiders only got like 25 mil I believe, but could create some more with a few cuts.

I personally would like to keep Crabtree. Could cuts Roberts I guess, but he's fairly cheap. 

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Raiders instantly become my AFC team if this happens. Heck, they already kind of are.

I agree....not that the Raiders are my favorite team :) - but be fine with Jordy going to OAK (as opposed to that currently snowbound team in the northeast.......

1 minute ago, Blazer026 said:

Raiders only got like 25 mil I believe, but could create some more with a few cuts.

I personally would like to keep Crabtree. Could cuts Roberts I guess, but he's fairly cheap. 

Is Crabtree the #2? Outside of 89 and Crabtree I dont know who you've got out there. Whats Nelsons role projected to be?

rams need to sign crabtree if he's cut for teh lulz.

I hope we use Graham in some of the 3x1 sets that seattle featured him on.  Run zone read action away from his side of the field, which really opens up some good lanes for him.  With 3 WR on other side, Cobb and Adams can operate fine with plenty of space.

Jones+Graham should be an interesting set of tools.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is Crabtree the #2? Outside of 89 and Crabtree I dont know who you've got out there. Whats Nelsons role projected to be?

Rumor of the Offseason was moving Cooper to the slot. I'd say Crabtree is definitely the #2. 

And I'm not sure what the plan would be with Nelson, but if it's a decent amount of money I'd imagine we'd have to cut Crabtree. 

He's one of the great Packers. It will be weird to see him in another team's uniform, no matter what team he goes to. I'm surprised that there seems to be so much interest in him. He looked washed up once Rodgers got hurt. He would catch the ball and go to the ground immediately. 

I would say Nelson is not worth more than $3-4M.

I really think he is losing his burst....or he was dealing with a leg injury in the latter half of last season.  He just did not look good regardless of who was throwing him the ball.  

Nelson has value as a veteran that knows how to get open and finds soft spots in zones.  He can be a really nice 3rd of 4th option, but his days as beating a #1CB on a consistent basis are behind him.  Now if he goes to a system that uses some more motion and bunch formations that can create some matchup issues he may fair better than he would in GB.

1 minute ago, Blazer026 said:

Rumor of the Offseason was moving Cooper to the slot. I'd say Crabtree is definitely the #2. 

And I'm not sure what the plan would be with Nelson, but if it's a decent amount of money I'd imagine we'd have to cut Crabtree. 

Hmmmmmmm.....that interesting. Just took a look at your WR lineup. Dont know most of them outside Moore, Crabtree and Patterson. Whats with moving Cooper to the slot? Honestly, I think thats where Nelson should be considered. Alot of Packer fans wanted the team to cut Cobb and move Nelson inside.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

I agree....not that the Raiders are my favorite team :) - but be fine with Jordy going to OAK (as opposed to that currently snowbound team in the northeast.......

Nelson is really not a fit in NE unless they want him to play the slot.  And he's very much the opposite of guys that they have historically featured in the slot: Welker, Amendola, Edelman.

NE already has Cooks locked in at one outside spot, dorsett and Britt and mitchell competing for the other one, Hogan in that kind of role, and Edelman locked in as a slot guy.  Amendola was their backup slot forced into full time duty because of injury.  There isn't a huge opening for Jordy unless they cut Edelman (who is cheap) or expect him to handily beat out those other guys.

Archived