Packers releasing WR Jordy Nelson

deltarich87

Just now, Siv said:

This upsets me. I was more on the “cut Cobb” bandwagon. Wish him the best as long as it’s not with the Pats, Vikings, Bears, Lions, Seahawks, Cowboys, or Falcons. Go back home and play for the Chiefs. 

I'd love it if he went to Kansas City.  I don't care which team he plays for as long as it's not the Patriots. 

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

I   don't agree.  Cobb's contract is equally bad and his production has been far worse.  He's been nothing short of an average WR since signing that monster contract.  IMO they could plug any warm body WR into his role and get the sort of production we've seen from him over the last 3 years.  He offers very little.  He's a slot WR and only a slot WR.  A guy who's routinely covered by a LB because he's small and not a great athlete.  Randall Cobb was exposed when Jordy went down.  

I agree with this 100%

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Yet Cobb has been our best WR in the playoffs over the last 3 seasons. Go figure.

Last I checked, we didn't make the playoffs this past year. But yea, let's look at the playoffs from 3 years ago for relevant information. Jordy was our best WR as recently as 2016, yet was just cut. 

9 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

What receivers has he be stubborn to throw to? Hasn't he always said he'll throw to you if you're open

He has a tendency to lock on to Adams or Jordy pretty badly especially if one or the other is out of the lineup. He’s now forced to adapt to new guys unless he wants to get Adams killed.

12 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Something tells me this wasn't just decided today. I think we resign him. 

Does this sign like he'll be resigned?

“We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years,” Gutekunst said. “He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best.”

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-roster-moves/article-1/Packers-release-WR-Jordy-Nelson/afd39595-ff20-4ff3-a14a-c533c73d6c34#ixzz59fQz799h

18 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Yet Cobb has been our best WR in the playoffs over the last 3 seasons. Go figure.

Not sure its all that fair of a comparision.  Jordy missed one season and missed an entire game in another season.  He also matched up against Richard Sherman his prime while in one of those seasons while Cobb was lining up against LBs.  Hopefully the GBP aren't ignoring entire seasons for 4 or 5 game samples because you simply can't compare the production of the 2 WRs. For the majority of the games over the last 3 years Randall Cobb hasn't been much more than a 3-4 catch, 30-40 yard WR.  

Over the last 3 years there have been 141 instances where WRs have produced close to Cobb's averages over the last 3 years.  80 different WRs have had a season comparable to Cobbs last 3 years.

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I know so many 22 year old girls who are about to be so pissed.

thanks for everything Jordy. Never will forget his touchdown against Pitt in the super bowl that really set the tone for that win.

Sharing is caring.

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He has a tendency to lock on to Adams or Jordy pretty badly especially if one or the other is out of the lineup. He’s now forced to adapt to new guys unless he wants to get Adams killed.

Idunno I just don't buy into that theory too much where he's stubborn to throw to someone at all. Are the players he's not throwing the ball to getting open? Most of the receivers the past few years he's spread it around pretty evenly imo. Honestly the only guy I think remotely close he was stubborn to throw to has been Janis, but he's never been on the field much in his career. I mean even when Allison came in as an undrafted rookie, he threw to him because he got open.

Archived