Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Did anyone watch the Jets game? I saw the stats but how did Teddy look out there?

A lot of short passes and checkdowns. The few downfield passes he had were fine. Had one near-INT to the flat.

• Like 2

Not only is Paxton Lynch not the quarterback of the future for the Broncos, he’s not even the quarterback of the present in Week Four of the Preseason. Broncos coach Vance Joseph announced that second-year man Chad Kelly would start the preseason finale and play the first half, while Lynch would mop up the second half of the most meaningless game of the year.

In three preseason games, the former Mr. Irrelevant is 28-of-41 for 340 yards, three touchdowns and an interception, for a 107.8 passer rating. Lynch is 14-of-29 for 102 yards and an interception, for a 42.6 rating, raising questions as to whether there’s a roster spot for him when all is said and done.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/27/chad-kelly-to-start-the-preseason-finale/

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The football gods hate the Vikings. 

Doesn't bother me that the Saints have a new backup QB. I guess I lack an emotional attachment to Teddy.

Teddy can't be pleased with his decision to join the Jets just to have them draft a QB and trade him to a team with no QB concerns. 

Cant even look at this as a future play for Teddy given he is on a one year contract.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Cant even look at this as a future play for Teddy given he is on a one year contract.

To copy what I wrote on the news board....

Just because he's currently slated to be a free agent doesn't mean he won't be in their future plans. The Saints just got their successor to Drew Brees. He'll have at least a year in the system before taking over on one of the more talented offenses in the league.

Keep in mind, both Zimmer and Payton are from the same Parcells coaching tree and worked together previously. I have little doubts that Zimmer endorsed Teddy before this deal was made.

I know I'm supposed to hate the Saints as a Vikings fans, and there isn't a direct path to starting soon, but I believe this is one of the best landing spots he could've asked for.

6 minutes ago, Klomp said:

To copy what I wrote on the news board....

Just because he's currently slated to be a free agent doesn't mean he won't be in their future plans. The Saints just got their successor to Drew Brees. He'll have at least a year in the system before taking over on one of the more talented offenses in the league.

Keep in mind, both Zimmer and Payton are from the same Parcells coaching tree and worked together previously. I have little doubts that Zimmer endorsed Teddy before this deal was made.

I know I'm supposed to hate the Saints as a Vikings fans, and there isn't a direct path to starting soon, but I believe this is one of the best landing spots he could've asked for.

That sounds good for the Saints, but what about Bridgewater? 

Sitting two years behind Brees, puts him at 4 years since starting a game? 

Hard for me to envision Bridgewater re-signing with the Saints in 2019, only to be the backup.

Edited by SemperFeist

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That sounds good for the Saints, but what about Bridgewater? 

Sitting two years behind Brees, puts him at 4 years since starting a game? 

I agree. Why would Teddy voluntarily go back when he could end up getting a starting job? Maybe free agency won't be any better for him in 2019, hard to say at this point. 4 years is a long time away when you were subpar to begin with.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree. Why would Teddy voluntarily go back when he could end up getting a starting job? Maybe free agency won't be any better for, hard to say at this point. 4 years is a long time away when you were subpar to begin with.

Exactly. Bridgewater proved that he’s healthy and can still play. Now he’s gonna wanna play and prove that he’s worthy of a big payday.