Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

I have to wonder if this is what Gute meant when he said "There are other ways to acquire cornerbacks then Free Agents" because technically Fuller is a Free Agent he was signed to a 1 year deal. If that's the case and this has been the plan all along, Gute is smug and I love it.

Wouldnt the 13 million Chicago signed him for already be factored into their salary cap? Meaning if they only have 15ish left in space,  they really only have to come up with 2 or 3 million more to match a hypothetical 15-16 million a year offer from GB? 

Just now, smetana34 said:

Wouldnt the 13 million Chicago signed him for already be factored into their salary cap? Meaning if they only have 15ish left in space,  they really only have to come up with 2 or 3 million more to match a hypothetical 15-16 million a year offer from GB? 

Good point.  Can someone who knows for sure clarify on this? 

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I had a connect once. Not me, but my old man. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. I thought he was full of it at one point until the most random thing ever happened. I think it's never as"clear" as they think. Probably wasn't lying. **** just don't work.

I'd love to hear it.

I've had this contact for about 6 years now. At first I thought my friend was full of crap, but then I'd start hearing so much stuff before Shefter or any local news would break it, so then I was like DAMN.

While attended practice once my buddy introduced me to this guy/gal afterwards, so that cemented it for me. Lol.

Like I said before, I wouldn't blame anybody here for thinking I'm full of it though. 

2 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Only if he'd signed the tag I believe. It doesn't factor until you do. This is at least what the talk was when the Redskins we're going to franchise Cousins and try to tag him. Not sure if it's the same for the transition, or if Fuller signed it or not.

10 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I had a connect once. Not me, but my old man. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. I thought he was full of it at one point until the most random thing ever happened. I think it's never as"clear" as they think. Probably wasn't lying. **** just don't work.

I used to have all the info on the in state guys and some Badgers stuff when I was recruiting for UWO through all the HS coaches I knew. All the in state guys always end up in Madison anyway though so no one cared lol.

Actually met Wolf and Gute when they had a pro day for a WR and QB of ours on campus, talked with Wolf about an internship. Applied and Charlie Peprah got it lol. Guess I needed to play for GB to work there.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Only if he'd signed the tag I believe. It doesn't factor until you do. This is at least what the talk was when the Redskins we're going to franchise Cousins and try to tag him. Not sure if it's the same for the transition, or if Fuller signed it or not.

But I wonder if Fuller would sign anything he knew Chicago couldn’t match?

Because the word is he does want to stay with Chicago. So it’s probably more like Chicago can match... but do they want to.

Green Bay could of created a funky structure that may make them be like wtf?!?!?

so, if we front load the deal, there's a chance we could steal him.  There's no poison pills allowed like "if you play more than 4 games at soldier field in one year the entire contract accelerates and is fully gtd" but you can structure it with the intent to harm your potential opponent.

Archived