Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

46 minutes ago, DowNY said:

I mean, like you said....it's all your opinion. To some, I'm sure trading up to get your guy (if that's Baker) is perfectly fine. If we draft Baker & he leads up to a Super Bowl in his career here, nobody would care. I don't mind it at all. If that's who we identified as our guy, then idc. We don't know who other teams are targeting. Maybe the Colts were in talks with other teams to trade up to #3 & have them draft Baker. We don't know, so it's poor to assume it's a bad idea to trade up for Baker but good for Rosen & Darnold. On what base?

That they are better QB prospects.

My hesitation with Baker is guys with his attributes don't usually succeed at the QB position. Matt Miller literally made his comparison "Case Keenum with swag"

Is that what you guys want? Not saying he'll be that but come on now at 3 after moving 3 starters(2nd round picks)

Rosen, Darnold or Allen at 3 and I'm happy but I will cheer for Baker

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

My hesitation with Baker is guys with his attributes don't usually succeed at the QB position. Matt Miller literally made his comparison "Case Keenum with swag"

Is that what you guys want? Not saying he'll be that but come on now at 3 after moving 3 starters(2nd round picks)

I feel the same exact same way, no matter who we get a three I will be happy. I still think Rosen is the best passer of the group. My big concern is the supporting cast for who ever we get at QB. Looks like our running game has made real improvements, but our O line & the receiving core has to many question marks. We still have training camp in July to answer all my concerns. My only question on defensive is who is going to be our starting right defensive end, that is the key position on the D line. We desperately need a pass rusher from that position. I am sure by the start of the 2018 season Mac will have all my concerns answered.

15 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

It’s not nearly as much as you think. 12 and their two 2nds is more than enough to get to 5. Pair 5 and 22 with say their 3rd and that should get them to 2. 

No it's really not especially when QB's are involved.  We gave up (3) 2nd's to move up 3 spots (both were higher than BUF's 2nd's) so DEN is going to do it for less and drop back even further outside the top 10?  This is the #5 overall pick not moving up a few spots in round 3 where the trade chart might actually be relevant.

Both firsts are going to be needed at a minimum.  The price only went up after our trade not down.  BUF isn't getting a deal to move into the top 5.

27 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No it's really not especially when QB's are involved.  We gave up (3) 2nd's to move up 3 spots (both were higher than BUF's 2nd's) so DEN is going to do it for less and drop back even further outside the top 10?  This is the #5 overall pick not moving up a few spots in round 3 where the trade chart might actually be relevant.

Both firsts are going to be needed at a minimum.  The price only went up after our trade not down.  BUF isn't getting a deal to move into the top 5.

Going from 12 to 5 costs less than going from 6 to 3 per the TVC.  It costs much much more when trying to move within in the top 3.  Not saying the TVC is always accurate, but it's worth noting.  

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s my thoughts exactly. Case Keenum with swag is an incredible comparison that I 100% agree with. I just don’t think a guy like that is trade up and give up 3 valuable picks and #3 pick worthy. That’s just my opinion. I’m already setting myself up to think he will be our pick. And when Rosen and/or Darnold still being on the board I will not be happy. Luckily it’s an open bar at the Suite I’ll be in a Jerry World in 6 days.

And people have compared Rosen to Cutler.  These guys have no clue.  They're just comps.  

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s my thoughts exactly. Case Keenum with swag is an incredible comparison that I 100% agree with. I just don’t think a guy like that is trade up and give up 3 valuable picks and #3 pick worthy. That’s just my opinion. I’m already setting myself up to think he will be our pick. And when Rosen and/or Darnold still being on the board I will not be happy. Luckily it’s an open bar at the Suite I’ll be in a Jerry World in 6 days.

I'm thinking the order is Darnold > Mayfield > Rosen, but we'll see come Thursday.  For as much as I like Mayfield, I think he'd be insane to pass on Darnold.

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Going from 12 to 5 costs less than going from 6 to 3 per the TVC.  It costs much much more when trying to move within in the top 3.  Not saying the TVC is always accurate, but it's worth noting.  

Good observation there but that still doesn't take into account moving from 5 to 2 which is more then moving from 6 to 3.  Let's say they are lucky enough to go from 12 to 5 with 12 and both 2nd's.  They would still need to do both remaining 1st this year and next years to likely get to 2.  SO really they are depleting all their capital to get to 2.  Still though with other teams like MIA/ARI/maybe another team other then BUF likely interested in a QB there is no way they get a deal on moving up.  They are going to have to overpay there's just no way around it.

I'm just not worried about BUF getting to 2.  Even then one of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield will be there so we're sitting pretty.  

He's far more talented than Case physically and further along mentally with his coach giving him freedom at the LOS. 

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Good observation there but that still doesn't take into account moving from 5 to 2 which is more then moving from 6 to 3.  Let's say they are lucky enough to go from 12 to 5 with 12 and both 2nd's.  They would still need to do both remaining 1st this year and next years to likely get to 2.  SO really they are depleting all their capital to get to 2.  Still though with other teams like MIA/ARI/maybe another team other then BUF likely interested in a QB there is no way they get a deal on moving up.  They are going to have to overpay there's just no way around it.

I'm just not worried about BUF getting to 2.  Even then one of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield will be there so we're sitting pretty.  

I suggested 5, 22, and their 3rd (which is from Cleveland and the first pick in the 3rd).  Equates to 2745 on the TVC.  Our 1st, 2 2nd's was worth 2540.  Future picks on the TVC aren't stated, so it's hard to say.  If you equate it as a mid round pick, it pushes that trade to 2960, but that's not accounting for depreciation of a future pick as well.  Maybe i'm going a little light, but it's not far off.  Maybe they'd have to throw in their comped 3rd rounder on top of that.

Yea. Buffalo can definitely get to number 2, but I am not too worried about it because I don't see the Giants wanted to trade back to 12. And I don't see Buffalo doing another preliminary trade up to 5 before the draft. That's a lot of moving pieces and a lot of people to convince.

We just have to hit on the QB. Look at the Texans trade, they essentially gave up the 4th overall pick and the 25th overall pick for Watson at pick number 12. TVC calls that trade extremely lopsided. But that trade is likely going to be Jabrill Peppers and Bradley Chubb for Deshawn Watson. 

Archived