Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Just now, Dr.O said:

Wonder what they'd do with Vernon then, had a down year and just gave Kareem Martin Starter money. Do you with he'd be a viable trade option potentially if they took Chubb?

Rotate them this year.  They'll have a nice pass rush with those 3 healthy.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

They saved 2.5M and 15M in dead money on the books.  Not exactly a great salary dump.  

Moved him cause he doesn't fit in new scheme, remember there moving to a 34 and JPP didn't really have a defined role in it( Not really a 5Tech or an OLB)

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

They saved 2.5M and 15M in dead money on the books.  Not exactly a great salary dump.  

I just knew he had something like a 17 m cap hit.

Either way he doesn’t fit the new scheme, they have a new regime, it’d be nice if this meant they were taking Chubb but I have my doubts.

34 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

I think a very likely scenario is us trading up one spot with NYG to 100% secure our pick.

Something like 

NYG receives 

3rd Pick + Bilal Powell + 6th Round pick

NYJ

2nd Pick 

Ughhhhhhhh this is wishful thinking to the max. 

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Other than The Athleticism, Big Arm, and Big Frame I don't really see what's enticing about Allen. He's not accurate, poor decision maker, and seems to hold on to the ball too often.

Exactly

Like I said before, I don't understand why he's being talked about as a Day 1 prospect, especially in the Top 20

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Exactly

Like I said before, I don't understand why he's being talked about as a Day 1 prospect, especially in the Top 20

Yea, plus people don't wanna think about his injury history, broke his Collarbone twice between HS/College and had a metal plate and screws put in there on the last one, same Injury that ended Romo and has been haunting Rodgers lately. 

A private workout with Rosen this morning. 

As for that trade up with the Giants, I can see that actually happening if Rosen seals the deal today and makes Macc believe he's the can't miss prospect. Giants are in the same position the 49ers were with the Bears. They made them believe they would trade the pick to a team that wanted Tru and it forced the Bears to make the move. Would the fans like the trade? Not until he's breaking franchise records. 

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If we swapped with the Giants it would be atleast 3, 2018 3rd and another mid round pick based off what the bears paid last year

It all comes down to how they feel about the difference between Baker and Rosen. If Rosen is elite too them, they'll do it. I don't think they want to risk Buffalo trading up and having to play the guy they wished they drafted for the next 20 years. 

18 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If we swapped with the Giants it would be atleast 3, 2018 3rd and another mid round pick based off what the bears paid last year

I still think swapping picks is possible, but not for a Bilal Powell + 6th round pick. MAYBE we consider sending them a 3, but I think the Giants would want more. I don't think a deal will happen considering they're comfortable with 3 QBs from what we know. I think they'd rather take the Giants bluff and see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It all comes down to how they feel about the difference between Baker and Rosen. If Rosen is elite too them, they'll do it. I don't think they want to risk Buffalo trading up and having to play the guy they wished they drafted for the next 20 years. 

I know fans want Baker, but the discussion really should be Allen and Rosen. It's the reality. 

Archived