Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

42 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Browns signing Drew Stanton to a 2 year deal seems really weird. They still have Hogan and Kessler. 4 QBs with experience on the roster. It's interesting. 

Not really.  Taylor is projected to be a starter with Stanton backing him up.  Top quarterback may take #3 in qb depth. Hogan and Kessler are cheap to keep around as camp bodies.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Not really.  Taylor is projected to be a starter with Stanton backing him up.  Top quarterback may take #3 in qb depth. Hogan and Kessler are cheap to keep around as camp bodies.

But why sign Stanton when you have the other 2 + planning to draft a QB at #1? Could just go Darnold, Taylor, Kessler, and Hogan.  Teams barely keep 3 QBs. Are they really going to have 3 experienced QBs battle for the QB3 spot? 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

But why sign Stanton when you have the other 2 + planning to draft a QB at #1? Could just go Darnold, Taylor, Kessler, and Hogan.  Teams barely keep 3 QBs. Are they really going to have 3 experienced QBs battle for the QB3 spot? 

Kessler and Hogan are clearly out of picture.  There are no battle for #3 qb.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Kessler and Hogan are clearly out of picture.  There are no battle for #3 qb.

So you pick up a 33year old vet who is not better than Kessler and probably as good as Hogan to be a third string QB. Not only that, you sign him to a 2 year deal. I don't know. Most teams only keep 2 active QBs throughout the season. Seems pretty pointless if you're drafting a QB first. 

Someone brought it up on twitter, what if their game plan is to go Chubb or Barkley and select a QB at #4. They know the Giants could take one of them at #2. So they could go Chubb #1 and someone like Allen at #4 if they like him enough. Maybe Kessler is on the trading block. I think it's interesting. 

My biggest problem with Allen is he needs more developing then the others. When has anyone in this organization shown we can develop a QB? Never. We should be looking strictly at Rosen and Darnold in this draft at this point.

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My biggest problem with Allen is he needs more developing then the others. When has anyone in this organization shown we can develop a QB? Never. We should be looking strictly at Rosen and Darnold in this draft at this point.

No matter who we draft I would like to see Bridgewater start the season if he is healthy. I am old school like to see the QB who ever he is be on the sidelines to get the feel for the fast NFL game. Preseason games are OK but it is not the same as a opening day game. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This is why I keep going back and forth on whether I like our trade up. Whilst I love the aggression and commitment, at #3 we are in all likelihood getting our third favourite QB. And if he's a guy in serious need of development... it seems like something we'll mess up.

5 minutes ago, TheChad said:

This is why I keep going back and forth on whether I like our trade up. Whilst I love the aggression and commitment, at #3 we are in all likelihood getting our third favourite QB. And if he's a guy in serious need of development... it seems like something we'll mess up.

I don’t agree. I firmly believe NYG take Barkley. And if they are trading it will be with us. Can’t see us giving up 3 2nds all to miss our guy. I think if we “have to” we will go to 2 to get our guy. I still think NYG stay put and draft Barkley though.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t agree. I firmly believe NYG take Barkley. And if they are trading it will be with us. Can’t see us giving up 3 2nds all to miss our guy. I think if we “have to” we will go to 2 to get our guy. I still think NYG stay put and draft Barkley though.

The crazy thing is if the Browns take Barkley with the #1, they can get a QB at four.  That still give them a shot at one of the three top QB;s. But we all know the Browns.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

The crazy thing is if the Browns take Barkley with the #1, they can get a QB at four.  That still give them a shot at one of the three top QB;s. But we all know the Browns.

They don’t need him after Hyde though. They still have Duke Johnson as well. If Barkley’s there at 4, they should dangle the pick. 

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

So you pick up a 33year old vet who is not better than Kessler and probably as good as Hogan to be a third string QB. Not only that, you sign him to a 2 year deal. I don't know. Most teams only keep 2 active QBs throughout the season. Seems pretty pointless if you're drafting a QB first. 

Browns have clearer path to the qb solution.  Is it formed by yellow bricks? I don't know but Stanton is already ahead of those youngsters as Browns apparently have no intention to start rookie qb for first season.  If a top qb outperforms Taylor and Stanton then it is a good problem.

giphy.gif

Archived