Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

43 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Same. I think I am off the Rosen bandwagon and on Broadway Baker's train to the meadowlands. 

AppRently can’t do a double quote (nested)

12 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

You guys are nuts lol.

I’m pretty down on Rosen ... came into this process thinking he was the best ... now feeling like he’s no 4....

Baker I like other than the openness of his offense and his height prob requiring some lanes.

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Sam Darnold- Maglev train.

Josh Rosen- CRH 380A train.

Baker Mayfield-  Bandwagon

Josh Allen- Rickshaw.

Lamar Jackson- Bullock Cart

They are the most accurate modes of transportation.

tumblr_oufaxjvsbw1sybyd5o1_500.gif

Ill take the rickshaw

46 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

tenor.gif 

It takes the guts to believe in Josh Allen's trip to NFL success.  Good Luck!

I honestly started with 

Rosen 1, Darnold 2, Mayfield 3, Jackson 4, Allen 5

but after watching every throw from several games (including rough ones) ... as well as hearing them speak I feel like Allen is more ready than he's been given credit for and his completion % is nowhere near as bad as it looks. His offense was far more vertically aggressive and had far fewer safe dink dunk type crossers picks screens compared to someone like rosen or mayfield. Also his WRs definitely were not open nowhere near as often. Does level of competition matter, of course it does... but its not like Wyoming is rolling around like UCLA and USC with a  roster that is clearly superior to their opponents for at least half the games they play.

Also based on what ive seen despite him being over aggressive i think he has some understanding of the protections, reads, and look offs which are expected of a QB at the next level.

He definitely is not as polished as the other 3 but hes also not trending downwards, or anywhere near as raw as people keep saying he is.

Obviously not knowing the guy cant accurately gauge his passion for the game of mental acuity for it, but clips of him during games and in other situations through this process make me genuinely believe he has some of that + the drive.

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

According to this article, Jets said nothing about zeroing on Mayfield.  Bowles put up the positive statement about Mayfield.  That's all.

In different article or internet passage, Bowles said he believed Mayfield could play in NFL level. It has nothing to do with him wanting Mayfield to be a Jet. As known as a smokescreen. Is it? lol.

Teams typically do not comment specifically on players in any case. You see what his comment created for example. Now there are articles speculating the Jets zeroing in on Mayfield. 

8 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I'm surprised Chad didn't become a coach

I really wanted him to be our QB coach with a look at becoming OC and see where things go. Not that that will surprise anyone.

Last I heard on a podcast with him and Eric Allen, Chad made it pretty clear that the work involved in NFL-level coaching would take him away from his family too much for his liking, at least while his kids are young.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Teams typically do not comment specifically on players in any case. You see what his comment created for example. Now there are articles speculating the Jets zeroing in on Mayfield. 

He talked about all the QBs though. Just the guys who love mayfield are zeroing in on just his conversation about mayfield. He actually talked about Rosen just as much.

9 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again...

If it weren’t for Mayfield being so likable, fans wouldn’t be nearly as high on him. The tape doesn’t lie. Fans are being blinded by emotions and stats. There are a ton of things on tape to be concerned with. At the end of the day, there are things you just don’t get to see him do on tape that he will need to do in order to be successful in the NFL.

Even without his personality he would be in the same spot for me.  Every one of these guys has legitimate question marks and things they need to work on, including Rosen.  Baker to me is the best combination of being good under pressure and good when on time.  He has some things to work on but it is hard to ignore the facts.  PFF had him being the best QB on "NFL throws", he had the 2 best QB rating years in college history.  That's not nothing.  

50 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Even without his personality he would be in the same spot for me.  Every one of these guys has legitimate question marks and things they need to work on, including Rosen.  Baker to me is the best combination of being good under pressure and good when on time.  He has some things to work on but it is hard to ignore the facts.  PFF had him being the best QB on "NFL throws", he had the 2 best QB rating years in college history.  That's not nothing.  

Playing Big 12 defenses I do think has blinded a lot of Mayfield supporters. I at the end of the day can careless about stats. I’ve stated my issues with Mayfield dozens of times. And I still have him 3rd on my QB list. I do think he’s 4th on ours. That’s why I’m trying to watch more Allen now. Bc I believe our big board is...

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen

4. Mayfield

Beung we pick 3rd that’s why I don’t think Mayfield is an option for us. Just my opinion and basing it off of what Macc likes in QBs and such.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Playing Big 12 defenses I do think has blinded a lot of Mayfield supporters. I at the end of the day can careless about stats. I’ve stated my issues with Mayfield dozens of times. And I still have him 3rd on my QB list. I do think he’s 4th on ours. That’s why I’m trying to watch more Allen now. Bc I believe our big board is...

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen

4. Mayfield

Beung we pick 3rd that’s why I don’t think Mayfield is an option for us. Just my opinion and basing it off of what Macc likes in QBs and such.

You can't make the big 12 argument and then defend Allen who played in the Big Sky

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

You can't make the big 12 argument and then defend Allen who played in the Big Sky

Well I don’t defend Allen.

But to go along with it... Allen played in the Big Sky but his teammates also did (and his teammates were not good last year). Mayfield had some serious talent around him his whole career let’s not forget. Allen’s stats were nearly cut in 1/2 from 2016 to 2017 mainly bc he lost any kind of legit talent around him. It’s all hypothetical... but you put Allen at OU and personally I think he can do what Mayfield did if not better. You put Mayfield on Wyoming and I don’t think he’s in the 1st Round discussion. Just my 2 cents.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But to go along with it... Allen played in the Big Sky but his teammates also did (and his teammates were not good last year). Mayfield had some serious talent around him his whole career let’s not forget. Allen’s stats were nearly cut in 1/2 from 2016 to 2017 mainly bc he lost any kind of legit talent around him. It’s all hypothetical... but you put Allen at OU and personally I think he can do what Mayfield did if not better. You put Mayfield on Wyoming and I don’t think he’s in the 1st Round discussion. Just my 2 cents.

If Mayfield played with the Cowboys then his statistics would reduce down by about 10 pct.  Allen being a Sooner would improve his statistics by 15 pct.  Mayfield would be still a better qb than Allen for 2nd round discussion.

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Allen also played against lower level teams. So, while he didn't have great talent around him, it's not like he was going up against Ohio State every week. And even when he did have decent talent around him in 2016, his numbers weren't great. 

I agree with you that if you put Baker in a traditional style offense he won't succeed. For the NFL, he needs to be in a WCO or in a spread offense like New England runs. 

But Allen is not in 1st round discussions because of production. He is in 1st round discussions because people are projecting him to be a better NFL player than he was a college player. 

Mayfield is a better decision maker and has better accuracy than Allen . So, while Allen's numbers would be better if he played at OU, I think it's debatable if they would be better than Baker's.

Edit: Baker also took it to Ohio State (Lots of NFL talent on that defense) and had a good game against Georgia (excellent defense) despite the loss. 

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mayfield had one of the highest adjusted completion percentages in college football history.  That's a BOLD statement.

Archived