Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m by no means saying I’m a fan of him but I think valuable to look at his 2016 highlights more so than his 2017. Competition oercentage still not good, but very successful with not awful talent around him.

His 2016 numbers were still mediocre

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If I throw an accurate pass and my teammate drops it then it hurts my completion percentage and makes my accuracy look bad.

Didn't Geno complete like 72% of his passes at one point?

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/961263645471764483?s=20

Also PFF has an “NFL throw” tracker. Allen was one of the worst in college football if I’m not mistaken. 

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

His 2016 numbers were still mediocre

Not every QB plays in an air raid OU offense. Sorry that I don’t agree with all these stats you guys put up. That imo shows a very small part of what kind of player that guy is.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not every QB plays in an air raid OU offense. Sorry that I don’t agree with all these stats you guys put up. That imo shows a very small part of what kind of player that guy is.

But what about the stat that shows Baker is the most accurate QB of the bunch on NFL throws? 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

People are liking Allen for all the wrong reasons. Look at his body of work, not his off-season. 

The one thing I've been able to hang my hat on with Allen is that if he just stays as is, he will be something between Cam Newton and Jameis Winston. Which is somebody you can still win with. But if you strike gold, you have a young Brett Favre on your hands. The next big question is does he fit our offensive scheme? But as a prospect, in general, I think he will be fine if he goes to the right team.

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The one thing I've been able to hang my hat on with Allen is that if he just stays as is, he will be something between Cam Newton and Jameis Winston. Which is somebody you can still win with. But if you strike gold, you have a young Brett Favre on your hands. The next big question is does he fit our offensive scheme? But as a prospect, in general, I think he will be fine if he goes to the right team.

Don’t see how he’s a cross between the two if he doesn’t develop. If he doesn’t develop, he’s more athletic/stronger armed Hack. 

56 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

2 things in that ...

1. Sure we won’t draft someone who we don’t think will fit our scheme .

2. If we have to adjust our scheme to his strengths it’s important we do. It’s dumb to not do it in fact.

Also I agree on the cam newton Jameis cross too.

he seems to know what he’s doing but is over aggressive ... and the cam newton physicality specially when big bodies are around him in the pocket 

honestly what I saw most on the tape reminds me of favre

Mayfield's 56 pct in under pressure?  It had to be low amount of attempts since he played shot gun all the time with one of NCAA's best pass protecting OL.  If it was high amount of attempts then he held football too long.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If I throw an accurate pass and my teammate drops it then it hurts my completion percentage and makes my accuracy look bad.

Didn't Geno complete like 72% of his passes at one point?

Geno had a year at 71.2, but that is the biggest mirage in the world.  That year they ran TONS of jet sweeps, which is a hand off that counts as a forward pass.  I swear they ran like 5 to 10 jet sweeps to Austin a game.  And that doesn't count all of the screens.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/961263645471764483?s=20

Also PFF has an “NFL throw” tracker. Allen was one of the worst in college football if I’m not mistaken. 

So Mason Rudolph over Josh Allen...thanks.

Anyway I'm not holding his completion percentage against him, its not like he had the luxury of Wideouts running wide open down the field like Rudolph and Mayfield.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Geno had a year at 71.2, but that is the biggest mirage in the world.  That year they ran TONS of jet sweeps, which is a hand off that counts as a forward pass.  I swear they ran like 5 to 10 jet sweeps to Austin a game.  And that doesn't count all of the screens.

That's what I'm saying, looking at pure completion percentage is misleading as hell.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That's what I'm saying, looking at pure completion percentage is misleading as hell.

Without context it is useless but if you watch the games and see what kind of throws the guys are making it is still helpful.  For example Baker had a great comp %, and he had some easier throws than some of the other guys (but not as many as Geno had), but he also hit tons of legit throw.  I'd say if we took out all of the gimme throws from all the guys Baker still probably has the highest comp %

Archived