Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

19 more days will be here before you know it. Day 2 of the draft is critical also. Really curious who drops. Hoping we double dip early on o-line. Possibly LT if someone like Brian O'Neal drops to our pick.

considering we don’t have a 2nd round pick now, this is pretty unlikely. would love best OL available in the 3rd though

Just wondering why everyones overlooking the injury history with Rosen ... Concussions and otherwise which come from his playing style and lack of mobility.

Probably said it before but

1. Allen

2a. Darnold

2b. Mayfield

3. Rosen

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

1:Rosen/Baker

3:Kemoko Turay

4:Nyhiem Hines

5:Sam Jones

6:Best Available CB

7:Best Available DL

I'm looking at

1) Rosen/Baker

3) Turay/Sweat/Carter if he falls

4) Best lineman available (maybe Corbett)

5) Best d-lineman available (maybe Bilal Nichols)

6) Martez C.

7) Best kicker available

No point in going corner late IMO.  We got two of them late last year.

44 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Just wondering why everyones overlooking the injury history with Rosen ... Concussions and otherwise which come from his playing style and lack of mobility.

Probably said it before but

1. Allen

2a. Darnold

2b. Mayfield

3. Rosen

Rosen's injury concerns and Darnold's turnovers haven't gotten nearly the same scrutiny as Mayfield's height, Mayfield's personality, and Allen's accuracy. 

Darnold is basically skating by this process. Nobody is even questioning his talent because those headlines aren't as exciting as talking about Mayfield's missing inches and Allen missing the net at the senior bowl. 

Great article by Mark Schofield on the best landing spots for the top 5 QBs. I totally agree with him that a major part of these QBs success will be where they land and if the offensive system used on that team fits the player. I don't believe many offensive coordinators can properly change their system to fit players. That's why I like what the Pats do. They get specific types of players that fit their system. 

FYI - there are no comments on who he thinks is the best QB and all that stuff. 

For the Jets he said Baker would be the best fit assuming Bates run the west coast air raid hybrid Morton ran last year. He talks about why Baker makes sense for our offense. 

Rosen - scheme versatile but best in a WCO and E-P like the Pats run. So he would also be a good fit the Jets.

Allen - Play action and downfield passing attack

Darnold - Play action and downfield passing attack

Jackson - WCO but with an offensive coordinator that is versatile. Not many of those around. Could be another good fit for the Jets. But we would have to assume Bates can be flexible enough to adapt and utilize all of Jackson's skills. I have my doubts but otherwise he would be a good option for us.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/06/schofield-best-nfl-landing-spots-for-top-5-qb-draft-prospects/ar9xzu/

9 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Rosen's injury concerns and Darnold's turnovers haven't gotten nearly the same scrutiny as Mayfield's height, Mayfield's personality, and Allen's accuracy. 

Darnold is basically skating by this process. Nobody is even questioning his talent because those headlines aren't as exciting as talking about Mayfield's missing inches and Allen missing the net at the senior bowl. 

Darnold' turnovers can easily be attributed to him losing talent to the NFL. He lost 2 WRs and 3 OL men, he also had a bunch of receiver caused interceptions because balls bounced off their hands.

Darnold is the safest prospect with the highest upside. Rosen is the best QB right now but has injuries and leadership questions. Mayfield is the most decorated QB but height and maturity are the concerns. Allen is the ultimate block of clay but is all howitzer with no touch.

It's a crapshoot really, I just hope we guess right whoever the pick is.

59 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Darnold' turnovers can easily be attributed to him losing talent to the NFL. He lost 2 WRs and 3 OL men, he also had a bunch of receiver caused interceptions because balls bounced off their hands.

Darnold is the safest prospect with the highest upside. Rosen is the best QB right now but has injuries and leadership questions. Mayfield is the most decorated QB but height and maturity are the concerns. Allen is the ultimate block of clay but is all howitzer with no touch.

It's a crapshoot really, I just hope we guess right whoever the pick is.

Similar argument for Allen has to hold water then. Because he lost some talent and definitely had to try to make up for it.

Allen can throw with touch ... he’s done it.. his mechanics being consistent is what’s lacking for him

darnold is good played plenty of hero ball .. so did Allen ... that’s more correctable than Rosen’s injury stuff .... his play style leads into it ...and we don’t want a qb that could miss time every year ....and could even retire early

the mora comments are overblown...but the injurystuffshould be just a big an issue as people have with mayfields height... not something u can make someone more consistent at like mechanics... or decision making

53 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Similar argument for Allen has to hold water then. Because he lost some talent and definitely had to try to make up for it.

Allen can throw with touch ... he’s done it.. his mechanics being consistent is what’s lacking for him

darnold is good played plenty of hero ball .. so did Allen ... that’s more correctable than Rosen’s injury stuff .... his play style leads into it ...and we don’t want a qb that could miss time every year ....and could even retire early

the mora comments are overblown...but the injurystuffshould be just a big an issue as people have with mayfields height... not something u can make someone more consistent at like mechanics... or decision making

Yes I agree the argument about losing talent can be applied to both Darnold and Allen. I just think Allen played against poor competition and should have been able to shine. I love Allen's potential but I don't believe he can scan a field. When you watch his passes they never really hit the receiver in stride, gives me the impression that he waits until he sees them open and then just riffles the throw as opposed to knowing the player is about to be open. I also feel like half of Allen's attempts were 50/50 balls, I'm not sure that translates well.

Mechanics can be refined IMO but once the blitz comes the poor mechanics will come back. I don't mind Allen, he's just 4th on my list of QBs I want. 

Archived