C Russell Bodine and RT Marshall Newhouse Signs with Bills

Kmart128

Not the best player but he is a 4 year starter for the Bengals. He never missed a game so he is reliable. 64 games and 64 starts. He was thought of as the weak link of the Bengals offensive line but he was surrounded by some great linemen. He is still very young... 25 years old despite being a 4 year starter. Should offer us a starter for very cheap.

Most important aspect is him and AJ McCarron are familiar with each other. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/18/russell-bodine-to-visit-with-bills/

UPDATE: Bills sign Marshall Newhouse and Russell Bodine

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/buffalo_bills_sign_c_russell_bodine_ot_marshall_newhouse.html

8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Not the best player but he is a 4 year starter for the Bengals. He never missed a game so he is reliable. 64 games and 64 starts. He was thought of as the weak link of the Bengals offensive line but he was surrounded by some great linemen. He is still very young... 25 years old despite being a 4 year starter. Should offer us a starter for very cheap.

Most important aspect is him and AJ McCarron are familiar with each other. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/18/russell-bodine-to-visit-with-bills/

I'm OK if we signed him but think he will be a backup to Groy. has to be cheap. We are pretty low on salary cap right now.

Peace.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m so sorry if you do sign him. Horrible center 

Can you elaborate, addressing both Pass & Run blocking? Were you guys running a Power or Zone blocking scheme?

1 hour ago, Yibbyl said:

Can you elaborate, addressing both Pass & Run blocking? Were you guys running a Power or Zone blocking scheme?

Let me put it this way. Dude is all upper body strength. He gets driven back all the time right into the QB. Gets little push in the run game as well. 

Couldn’t find the gif of him getting pushed over with one arm. I’d say 85% of the games he played he was horrid

27 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Let me put it this way. Dude is all upper body strength. He gets driven back all the time right into the QB. Gets little push in the run game as well. 

Couldn’t find the gif of him getting pushed over with one arm. I’d say 85% of the games he played he was horrid

Yikes! Are we that desperate for depth at C?!?

No thank you! He has been garbage and fans have ripped him apart in cincy. He graded out as one of the worst centers in the league. If the bills want competition for groy go out and find a rookie or free agent who has some upside. The only thing I can see why they would bring him in is because he has given snaps to Mccarron but that isnt a huge positive.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

huh? The Bengals have exactly 0 above average starters on that OL.

I was talking about their OLine for his first 3 years in the league. It was bad last year when Bengals lost some players

On 3/18/2018 at 5:19 PM, soflbillsfan said:

No thank you! He has been garbage and fans have ripped him apart in cincy. He graded out as one of the worst centers in the league. If the bills want competition for groy go out and find a rookie or free agent who has some upside. The only thing I can see why they would bring him in is because he has given snaps to Mccarron but that isnt a huge positive.

Actually it is. Nobody starts for 64 games and has no talent. Cincy had a pretty decent run when he was starting and I think he will get every opportunity to fight for a starting job.

Ditto for Newhouse, guys can be banged up and still play through the pain and have a bad season because of it. They can then be cap casualties and move on to start healthy somewhere else. I trust Beane to know what he is doing, if he signed these 2 guys, he must feel they will help us win and I do not ever listen to sour notes from fans who he once played for. They didn't complain one bit when their teams were winning!!! 

Remember, if you hate these signings, you are saying you have no faith in Beane as our GM!!!

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Actually it is. Nobody starts for 64 games and has no talent. Cincy had a pretty decent run when he was starting and I think he will get every opportunity to fight for a starting job.

Ditto for Newhouse, guys can be banged up and still play through the pain and have a bad season because of it. They can then be cap casualties and move on to start healthy somewhere else. I trust Beane to know what he is doing, if he signed these 2 guys, he must feel they will help us win and I do not ever listen to sour notes from fans who he once played for. They didn't complain one bit when their teams were winning!!! 

Remember, if you hate these signings, you are saying you have no faith in Beane as our GM!!!

Absolutely. Low salary cap means lower level players but both were starters. Have to have some talent. Heard it before fans of old teams did the guys we sign. Does Jerry Hughes come to mind?  All of a sudden Bean doesn't know what he is doing when he signs back up players for a low amount of money? Be real boys. Cant get everything in 1 year.

Peace

Archived