Safety Morgan Burnett has signed 3 yr. deal with Steelers

JLambert58

I got a feeling we're going to use him more like a SS/ILB blitzer like Troy was.  Sean Davis to FS.  Mid round (3-5) safety to be Davis insurance in case he struggles.  What I do like is this opens up the ILB/OLB ability in the first 3 rounds as well as RB.

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I got a feeling we're going to use him more like a SS/ILB blitzer like Troy was.  Sean Davis to FS.  Mid round (3-5) safety to be Davis insurance in case he struggles.  What I do like is this opens up the ILB/OLB ability in the first 3 rounds as well as RB.

Maybe Nose as well with Hargrave struggling, no depth behind him and Alula(sp?) in last year of deal.

Personally I’d love for them to somehow trade out of 1st, get 2 2nds or a 2nd and early 3rd.

RB is so deep that they can get a solid 3 down rb in 2nd or 3rd to start next year and use that Bell $$$ in another position.

Overall this opens them to BPA at any position of need in 1st.

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

Maybe Nose as well with Hargrave struggling, no depth behind him and Alula(sp?) in last year of deal.

Personally I’d love for them to somehow trade out of 1st, get 2 2nds or a 2nd and early 3rd.

RB is so deep that they can get a solid 3 down rb in 2nd or 3rd to start next year and use that Bell $$$ in another position.

Overall this opens them to BPA at any position of need in 1st.

Yea.  Personally I like the trade down unless one of the top LB's are there.  I wouldn't even care if we in division trade with the Browns for multiple of their 2nd's.  But we need a few more picks in this draft.  With as much as we still need, we don't have enough picks.

If Bell doesn't extend, we have $50 mil in projected space next year.  Now granted we only have 25 players under contract, but that can make some damage in FA if we play this right.  I think if they take a RB in the 2nd/3rd that means that they are done trying to work out a deal for Bell.  If they don't that tells me they are close.

1 hour ago, JPeezy55 said:

I like Burnett the more I read about him as a great Cover LB. I think he brings great versatility, which will be great for our defense. Someone who can be a Dime LB type of guy. 

He was used like the cards use Deone Buchanan 

2 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Can't knock the approach, but to me, it's pretty clear where they fit best at. Still hoping we draft a safety early, since I don't trust Davis, regardless of where he plays. Sadly, there isn't much in terms of Center Fielding safeties in this year's draft.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:56 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Can't knock the approach, but to me, it's pretty clear where they fit best at. Still hoping we draft a safety early, since I don't trust Davis, regardless of where he plays. Sadly, there isn't much in terms of Center Fielding safeties in this year's draft.

See I wonder if Morgan Burnett doesn't start out at strong safety and we draft a safety who can play strong safety and then slowly transition Morgan Burnett over to free safety so that the rookie can play strong safety and when I say slowly transition Morgan Burnett I'm more talking about slowly transitioning the rookie into the starting lineup.

I have tempered excitement about Morgan Burnett. I really like the signing but I'm also keeping my expectations level-headed. Well I think he's definitely going to be an improvement to the secondary he is a little bit older and he is a little bit slower than he used to be so we've got to keep those things in mind. Having said that it's exciting to have a new player in the roster and it's exciting to be able to eventually see what changes that new player will bring us. I do not see Sean Davis being in the starting lineup in 2019 regardless of what happens in 2018

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

See I wonder if Morgan Burnett doesn't start out at strong safety and we draft a safety who can play strong safety and then slowly transition Morgan Burnett over to free safety so that the rookie can play strong safety and when I say slowly transition Morgan Burnett I'm more talking about slowly transitioning the rookie into the starting lineup.

I have tempered excitement about Morgan Burnett. I really like the signing but I'm also keeping my expectations level-headed. Well I think he's definitely going to be an improvement to the secondary he is a little bit older and he is a little bit slower than he used to be so we've got to keep those things in mind. Having said that it's exciting to have a new player in the roster and it's exciting to be able to eventually see what changes that new player will bring us. I do not see Sean Davis being in the starting lineup in 2019 regardless of what happens in 2018

MB will be a tremendous upgrade over Davis at SS (assuming that's where he plays). He just turned 29 so I think his age is getting overblown a bit. There is an injury history there so I can understand that aspect. Best case scenario, MB stays healthy and holds down the SS position for a couple of years, Davis moves to FS and shines or they draft a solid SS/FS this year (Gaulden :ph34r:) or next. 

In regards to the age of the saying that he's almost 30 which is sort of the turning point of many people's career especially someone who has had a lot of injuries. But I really do like the move.

I really am hoping for Evans in the first round and either a running back or a safety in the second round and then the other position that we didn't take in the second round in the third round.

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

In regards to the age of the saying that he's almost 30 which is sort of the turning point of many people's career especially someone who has had a lot of injuries. But I really do like the move.

I really am hoping for Evans in the first round and either a running back or a safety in the second round and then the other position that we didn't take in the second round in the third round.

I'd say he's almost 28 ;)

Archived