Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

Dash is a good guy but he’s in the very very small minority’s on his assessment of KIrk- probably Little Danny, Bruce and Dash

its going to hurt for years when he leaves. But I kind of hope he does. Kirk is a standup guy and he deserves to be in a better organization. If I were him I’d feel like Django after being freed by Dr. King Schultz. It will be ten times worse for Little Danny aka Calvin Candy and Bruce Alleb his version of Stephen than want Alfred did to him last night. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5841653

1 hour ago, Woz said:

May those who wish Cousins to depart never be judged using the same changing criteria as they have judged Kirk.

I was just thinking about this after I logged off a few hours ago. Was doing some errands and thinking about it and coming to the same conclusion

In all 7 of their losses the leading rusher was on the other team. In 6 of 7 losses Kirk was the top passer. In the 5 wins - Top rusher was on the Skins in 3 of those 5. Kirk the top passer in 3 of those 5.

Maybe they need to run the ball better and stop the other team from running. Reasonably healthy team in Weeks 1 & 4; both losses. Can't blame injuries for everything. Maybe need a little less of a QB and beef up elsewhere or beef up elsewhere & try to keep Kirk. Can this FO do either of those? Not too confident about that bit.

9 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

In all 7 of their losses the leading rusher was on the other team. In 6 of 7 losses Kirk was the top passer. In the 5 wins - Top rusher was on the Skins in 3 of those 5. Kirk the top passer in 3 of those 5.

Maybe they need to run the ball better and stop the other team from running. Reasonably healthy team in Weeks 1 & 4; both losses. Can't blame injuries for everything. Maybe need a little less of a QB and beef up elsewhere or beef up elsewhere & try to keep Kirk. Can this FO do either of those? Not too confident about that bit.

I do believe this is the focus of our staff. Injuries to our OL have derailed the running game. Same with DL. When Allen got hurt this team struggled to stop the run. That’s why I pay Kirk Draft a Stud DL like Wilkins from Clemson who last year I had rated just under Allen throughout the season. If we got Wilkins and a ILB who can be browns Keluche to Brown being that Thomas Davis just wreaking havoc side to side in the run

22 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

Amazing and sad at the same time.

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I do believe this is the focus of our staff. Injuries to our OL have derailed the running game. Same with DL. When Allen got hurt this team struggled to stop the run. That’s why I pay Kirk Draft a Stud DL like Wilkins from Clemson who last year I had rated just under Allen throughout the season. If we got Wilkins and a ILB who can be browns Keluche to Brown being that Thomas Davis just wreaking havoc side to side in the run

I think it would be an either or situation. To me it’s either we get a DL like Payne or Wilkins, a running back like Guice, an ILB or a WR like Ridley in round 1 and that player will be an impact player year 1 and then whomever we take in rounds 2-4 we hope can be a good contributor as a rookie but probably not a starter, but maybe we’ll get lucky.

I feel bad for you guys, I think Cousins is as good as gone and you won't receive anything in return. I don't think he has any intention of signing long term with the Redskins. I don't think you'll run the risk of franchising him and him walking anyway in FA. Any team looking at him that believes he would sign an extension with them would likely wait until next year when he'll only be 31 and they won't have to trade for him. I see a transition tag in his future with a team vastly front loading his contract so you guys won't be able to match it. It will be the out that ownership will use to say "We offered to make him the highest paid QB in history but we were unable to match the deal X team offered"

6 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I feel bad for you guys, I think Cousins is as good as gone and you won't receive anything in return. I don't think he has any intention of signing long term with the Redskins. I don't think you'll run the risk of franchising him and him walking anyway in FA. Any team looking at him that believes he would sign an extension with them would likely wait until next year when he'll only be 31 and they won't have to trade for him. I see a transition tag in his future with a team vastly front loading his contract so you guys won't be able to match it. It will be the out that ownership will use to say "We offered to make him the highest paid QB in history but we were unable to match the deal X team offered"

The Redskins have $55 million in cap space for next season and they could cut one of the two defensive lineman we signed last March - Stacey McGee, who’s been only average - and have nearly $60 million in cap space.

I don’t think any team is going to offer Cousins a front loaded contract paying him over $40 million a year in the first year. So, theoretically anything another team offers we could match. Now, whether Dan & Bruce want to pay more than $30 million for Kirk in 2018 is another story. 

It is possible though that we could do it. Our best players are under contract and guys who we may want to keep for next year who are free agents shouldn’t cost much at all to retain like Ryan Grant, Brian Quick, Arie Kouandjio, Spencer Long, Tony Bergstrom, Ty Nesekhe, Byron Marshall, Junior Galette, Quinton Dunbar and Trent Murphy. Each of those guys shouldn’t cost more than $2 million next year and if they do, we could just not re-sign them and go with a younger guy already on the team or sign/draft a cheap guy to replace them.

Also, Kirk needs to be honest with Dan & Bruce. If Kirk doesn’t want to play here, he needs to tell them in March. Then, the Redskins can move on w/o him, get a 3rd round compensatory pick for the 2019 draft and either draft a qb in round 1 or 2 of the draft to develop under McCoy or sign a qb like Tyrod Taylor, Eli Manning, Keenum, Bradford or Bridgewater (whomever the Vikings don’t retain) or trade for Alex Smith,  Aj McCarron or Ryan Tannehill if their teams want to move those players.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Redskins have $55 million in cap space for next season and they could cut one of the two defensive lineman we signed last March - Stacey McGee, who’s been only average - and have nearly $60 million in cap space.

I don’t think any team is going to offer Cousins a front loaded contract paying him over $40 million a year in the first year. So, theoretically anything another team offers we could match. Now, whether Dan & Bruce want to pay more than $30 million for Kirk in 2018 is another story. 

I think this is exactly what a team will do though. The Jets are set to have $90M in cap, after resigning our own guys we'll be around $50-60M with no one in FA that really jumps out as a need. I could see a situation where the Jets offer a 6 year $168M deal (average of $28M per year and $70M guaranteed) all guaranteed money would come in the first 2 years and I  don't believe the Redskins will be able to match a deal like that.

Year 1 - $40M

Year 2 - $35M

Year 3 - $24M

Year 4 - $23M

Year 5 - $23M

Year 6 - $23M

It makes sense for the Jets because they won't need to trade up for a QB and we have no high priority FAs until 2020 when Kirks cap hit would be much lower for a QB once others are paid.

I don't know if Kirk owes it to the Redskins to tell them the truth. If he feels slighted why wouldn't he take the franchise tag and say "oo yea I want to play here" get the $34M guaranteed this next season and then collect his new highest paid QB salary in 2019? He plays the most protected position in football. I'm not sure the Redskins are going to stomach paying him $34M just to have one more year of him. The transition tag came make it look like ownership tried.

8 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think this is exactly what a team will do though. The Jets are set to have $90M in cap, after resigning our own guys we'll be around $50-60M with no one in FA that really jumps out as a need. I could see a situation where the Jets offer a 6 year $168M deal (average of $28M per year and $70M guaranteed) all guaranteed money would come in the first 2 years and I  don't believe the Redskins will be able to match a deal like that.

Year 1 - $40M

Year 2 - $35M

Year 3 - $24M

Year 4 - $23M

Year 5 - $23M

Year 6 - $23M

It makes sense for the Jets because they won't need to trade up for a QB and we have no high priority FAs until 2020 when Kirks cap hit would be much lower for a QB once others are paid.

I don't know if Kirk owes it to the Redskins to tell them the truth. If he feels slighted why wouldn't he take the franchise tag and say "oo yea I want to play here" get the $34M guaranteed this next season and then collect his new highest paid QB salary in 2019? He plays the most protected position in football. I'm not sure the Redskins are going to stomach paying him $34M just to have one more year of him. The transition tag came make it look like ownership tried.

I’ll  be shocked if the Jets, Browns or Jacksonville give him a contract with a cap hit of $40 million in the first year, but for as much as I love Kirk and want him to be the Redskins qb for the next decade you can have him for that price and we’ll draft Mason Rudolph or Josh Allen and have them develop behind Colt McCoy for a year or we’ll sign Tyrod Taylor or trade for AJ McCarron.

I Just read that Muhammad Wilkerson is on the outs with the Jets, perhaps the Jets and Redskins can work out a trade there. If not, the Redskins can just franchise KIrk again and the Jets won’t be able to get him this offseason. We could franchise tag Kirk and trade him to the Jets for Wilkerson.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’ll  be shocked if the Jets, Browns or Jacksonville give him a contract with a cap hit of $40 million in the first year, but for as much as I love Kirk and want him to be the Redskins qb for the next decade you can have him for that price and we’ll draft Mason Rudolph or Josh Allen and have them develop behind Colt McCoy for a year or we’ll sign Tyrod Taylor or trade for AJ McCarron.

I Just read that Muhammad Wilkerson is on the outs with the Jets, perhaps the Jets and Redskins can work out a trade there. If not, the Redskins can just franchise KIrk again and the Jets won’t be able to get him this offseason. We could franchise tag Kirk and trade him to the Jets for Wilkerson.

Yes we are going to cut Wilkerson, I'd be 100% for trading Mo for Cousins. I'm not sure the Redskins would want that kind of cap hit for the production that he has had the last 2 years though. I honestly believe if franchise tagged Kirk will be willing to play on the tag for one more season and tell the Redskins "I'm more than willing to come back but I want to hear what other teams have to say first" this is why I think the Redskins may go with the Transition Tag route. I don't think he has any intention on signing there and ownership won't want to waste $34M when he can test the market this year anyway. 

2 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Yes we are going to cut Wilkerson, I'd be 100% for trading Mo for Cousins. I'm not sure the Redskins would want that kind of cap hit for the production that he has had the last 2 years though. I honestly believe if franchise tagged Kirk will be willing to play on the tag for one more season and tell the Redskins "I'm more than willing to come back but I want to hear what other teams have to say first" this is why I think the Redskins may go with the Transition Tag route. I don't think he has any intention on signing there and ownership won't want to waste $34M when he can test the market this year anyway. 

Well we could work out a new contract just like the Jets would be working out a new contract for Cousins after/during the trade.

True about the transition tag. That’s actually a better thing for us because we’ll have $8 million more to spend on free agents and we could still work out a deal in order to trade for Wilkerson.

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well we could work out a new contract just like the Jets would be working out a new contract for Cousins after/during the trade.

True about the transition tag. That’s actually a better thing for us because we’ll have $8 million more to spend on free agents and we could still work out a deal in order to trade for Wilkerson.

I'd say the Jets would be over joyed to trade Wilkerson for Cousins, I just don't see why the Redskins would do that unless they really felt they'd get nothing in return and wanted to be the only team to talk to Mo while still potentially being on the hook for $17M if a deal isn't hammered out by the 3rd league day (when Mo's bonus is fully guaranteed). So worse case scenario for you would be lose Cousins, not have a contract in place for Mo and are back where you started but al least it is SOMETHING. You guys are really in a rough spot.

This is the dumbest proposed trade since we sent 4 picks for the Lonzo ball of the nfl a few years ago

if we don’t sign “Kurt” to a 4 year contract  this organization should change its name to Cleveland or Senators because our owner is dumber than the crook in Cleveland or the racist who owned the senators 

Archived