Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

14 hours ago, mike23md said:

And that is what makes a franchise QB in this league. No Reed, no Crowder for a while, no offensive line, defense is suspect, no running game til as of late, Doctson has been spotty, Davis is game to game, the list goes on and on. Cousins is a damn good QB and I am sick of hearing how many people just want to get rid of him cause of his contract number. 

If, the Redskins use the Franchise tag on him, he will account for nearl 18% of the entire cap. We will still have money to sign good players as well as draft ones. This draft in particular is highly deep with CB's, LB's and DT's. There are also an abundance of WR's that are playmakers that will be extremely cheap. There are options. And as much as many people say getting rid of home grown talent can be a bad thing, so is not being on the field. If you can't stay on the field, then its time for you to step off of it. (Jordan Reed)

You have to pay him!!! We’re a healthy team away from being able to make a run. We don’t have enough yet but one more really good draft and FA could take this team over the top

At the end of the day it’s not even about the money. Kirk is going to reset the QB value. So the question becomes do you want to have him in his prime or don’t you? I take him because IMO another year with Jay and I believe our offense takes off. I know Kirk can be good elsewhere but I think when it’s said and done he can be great here!!! This is his best chance to win. We aren’t a bad team. Pay the man so we can just change the weekly narrative to the I told you we should or shouldn’t have after every win or loss

On 11/26/2017 at 5:03 PM, turtle28 said:

I agree with the first two paragraphs of your post wholeheartedly and am glad to see it except for trading high picks for a player. Landry would cost us a pretty high pick. He’s a free agent after next season, we can just wait until 2018 when he’s a free agent to sign him if we want him.

Im not sure why you’ve gone into this mode of being ok with trading draft picks away for vets this season, but that’s certainly not somewhere I think this franchise should start going again. We did it too much last decade and in the Shanahan era as well and almost every time we got burned.

we need to build through through the draft, re-sign our own and sign good free agents to fill our holes.

I am not going to wait on Jarvis Landry to be a free agent. I would, however, throw a 5th round pick at them and see what the response would be. They have Parker and Stills and Landry has been consistently the odd man out. 

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

At the end of the day it’s not even about the money. Kirk is going to reset the QB value. So the question becomes do you want to have him in his prime or don’t you? I take him because IMO another year with Jay and I believe our offense takes off. I know Kirk can be good elsewhere but I think when it’s said and done he can be great here!!! This is his best chance to win. We aren’t a bad team. Pay the man so we can just change the weekly narrative to the I told you we should or shouldn’t have after every win or loss

I think this offense and defense would have done a lot this season, but the damn injuries have absolutely decimated this team. If you think about the health of the team, the mashed up offensive line that Kirk has had, and the lack of a running game and he is #2 in passing yards this season? Casserly has stated that Kirk is damn near elite. So, for this FO to actually need 5 games to decide if Kirk is the guy, after 6 years in the building, I think Danny should take 5 seconds to determine if Bruce is really the guy. 

I don't be see him coming back

the Jaguars OR jets might give this man 160 million dollars 

why would Kirk say no to the jags lol there D and O had more upside than we do it'd make sense

Benefit of him leaving is we could sign Watkins or dez Bryant at good prices while we sign maybe another ILB and a proven NT 

the draft will probably be a QB and second round a RB

we also have to lock up Crowder and breeland and brown 

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

I think this offense and defense would have done a lot this season, but the damn injuries have absolutely decimated this team. If you think about the health of the team, the mashed up offensive line that Kirk has had, and the lack of a running game and he is #2 in passing yards this season? Casserly has stated that Kirk is damn near elite. So, for this FO to actually need 5 games to decide if Kirk is the guy, after 6 years in the building, I think Danny should take 5 seconds to determine if Bruce is really the guy. 

That my friend is 1000% true. And I completely agree with the whole post. But the bold is just very obvious!!! What is gonna change in the last games this year? He’s the guy what do they really want? Playoffs? With the injuries if he managed to get us in and win a game or two withthis team hurt like this he better get 35 per lol

32 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That my friend is 1000% true. And I completely agree with the whole post. But the bold is just very obvious!!! What is gonna change in the last games this year? He’s the guy what do they really want? Playoffs? With the injuries if he managed to get us in and win a game or two withthis team hurt like this he better get 35 per lol

The ludicrous part is, what more can he do? Terrible defense 2 years ago winning the division. Last year was on the verge of winning the division and the defense was terrible. Has a decent defense this year with a different scheme and he has the chance to bring the team to 3 consecutive winning seasons. Potentially winning 10 games this season. 

WHAT MORE DOES HE HAVE TO PROVE???

If he leaves, I wouldn't blame him. But the conversation he had with Grant and Danny on 106.7 The Fan on Monday, seriously made me believe that he wants to be here. He WANTS to be here. He wants to see this thing through. Maybe he thought that since San Fran is out of the question with Garappolo on board, that he needs to sign his meal ticket for the next 5 years, but damn, if he WANTS to be here. Pay him 25M a year for 4 years with some incentives about playoff wins being an extra 1M. 

I dont care how the deal is structured, but the Redskins should be doing what it takes to keep Cousins here!!

4700779.gif

nbKTguH0Wu8Tu.gif

Joey T in the background tweeting about how stupid Snyder looks. 

San Fran traded for Garrapolo because they knew they weren't getting Kirk. I'd be shocked if Kirk and Kyle aren't are in touch often. Kyle knew already what Kirks intentions were and I believe his intentions are to stay here. That's up to Dan and Bruce.

I wish Little Danny would somehow get the message that Bruce is making him look like an even bigger moron who has no clue how to run a franchise. But hey he does a great job getting older former players to come back for picnic day where little Danny can meet his heroes when he was younger 

He’s gone. He doesn’t want to be here. The Front Office continues to botch this and we’re going to lose the best QB we’ve had in over 20 years. Enjoy these last 5 games with Kirk, because they will most likely be his last with us. Bruce Allen is going to somehow try and spin this as Kirk leaving us and villianizing him but we all know the truth. Bruce Allen has run out almost everything positive that happens to this franchise and at this point is a cancer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/enjoy-kirk-cousinss-final-games-with-the-redskins-this-is-about-more-than-money/2017/11/28/90e42e1e-d46c-11e7-b62d-d9345ced896d_story.html?utm_term=.ad54b6dbc36d

Headline: Enoy Kirk Cousins final games with the Redskins. This is about more than money. 

Except for his post-victory yells (“You like that!?”), Cousins has been a brilliant noncommittal NFL diplomat at his own personal PR. It’s like subliminal advertising. Cousins says all the right things about wanting to play and win in D.C. for eternity, and you see a beautiful painting of a sunset. But if you shine infrared light on it, you see there is a message written under the paint in blood: “I’ve Been Kidnapped in the Dan Snyder Clown Car. Get Me Out of Here!”

I am a Jet fan, and I don't understand what is going on with Kirk Cousins, he has been one of the best QB in the NFL this year, his stats are great with the garbage that Synder, has given him to work with. You guys have to be out of your freaking mind to  move him. We would take him in a heart beat, that's how good we think he is.

59 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am a Jet fan, and I don't understand what is going on with Kirk Cousins, he has been one of the best QB in the NFL this year, his stats are great with the garbage that Synder, has given him to work with. You guys have to be out of your freaking mind to  move him. We would take him in a heart beat, that's how good we think he is.

He isn't one of the best qb he is way worst than last year and the year before 

the jets can take him Kirk cousins is highly inconsistent his mustard are coming from garbage time

ill admit tho some loses where not on him 

and lol no offense the jets will take anyone atm . The jets can pay Kirk cousins and I'm fine with that 

20 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

He’s gone. He doesn’t want to be here. The Front Office continues to botch this and we’re going to lose the best QB we’ve had in over 20 years. Enjoy these last 5 games with Kirk, because they will most likely be his last with us. Bruce Allen is going to somehow try and spin this as Kirk leaving us and villianizing him but we all know the truth. Bruce Allen has run out almost everything positive that happens to this franchise and at this point is a cancer.

Nah dude we made a good move not resigning him

1-10 on weekday games 

Danny should hire a new gm and head coach with our cap next season .

Archived