Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Yeah let’s trade him for a dl 

Wilkerson is a pro bowl talent too, and if you could actually comprehend my reasoning, I said that only if Kirk won’t sign long term. I’d much rather trade Kirk to the AFC & to get a pro bowl caliber DE back in return than to eventually get no compensation for losing him or at best a 3rd round compensatory pick.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, Kirk has been better at converting first downs this year even w/o Garçon. Very impressive.

And the dudes receiving those 1st downs (total and % to targets and % to catches) - 

Crowder - 29 -  37% - 57%
Grant - 24 - 48% - 67%
Thompson - 22 - 41% - 56%
Davis - 20 - 39% - 57%
Doctson - 17 - 38% - 71%

There's 112 of 158 and then there are several other guys he's spread it around to plus running a few of his own.

I just don't see Grant going anywhere unless it's for a pile of money. At least if there's injuries he fills in pretty well and done it on a lower snap count than anybody except Thompson. Tied for 2nd on the team for TD's also and we know how much Jay & Kirk like big numbers. 

On 12/6/2017 at 11:12 PM, rdelaney89 said:

I feel bad for you guys, I think Cousins is as good as gone and you won't receive anything in return. I don't think he has any intention of signing long term with the Redskins. I don't think you'll run the risk of franchising him and him walking anyway in FA. Any team looking at him that believes he would sign an extension with them would likely wait until next year when he'll only be 31 and they won't have to trade for him. I see a transition tag in his future with a team vastly front loading his contract so you guys won't be able to match it. It will be the out that ownership will use to say "We offered to make him the highest paid QB in history but we were unable to match the deal X team offered"

Don't feel bad lol you can take him. If skins build the wr core and draft an rookie qb I don't see how we can't be alright .

On 12/7/2017 at 6:09 AM, turtle28 said:

The Redskins have $55 million in cap space for next season and they could cut one of the two defensive lineman we signed last March - Stacey McGee, who’s been only average - and have nearly $60 million in cap space.

I don’t think any team is going to offer Cousins a front loaded contract paying him over $40 million a year in the first year. So, theoretically anything another team offers we could match. Now, whether Dan & Bruce want to pay more than $30 million for Kirk in 2018 is another story. 

It is possible though that we could do it. Our best players are under contract and guys who we may want to keep for next year who are free agents shouldn’t cost much at all to retain like Ryan Grant, Brian Quick, Arie Kouandjio, Spencer Long, Tony Bergstrom, Ty Nesekhe, Byron Marshall, Junior Galette, Quinton Dunbar and Trent Murphy. Each of those guys shouldn’t cost more than $2 million next year and if they do, we could just not re-sign them and go with a younger guy already on the team or sign/draft a cheap guy to replace them.

Also, Kirk needs to be honest with Dan & Bruce. If Kirk doesn’t want to play here, he needs to tell them in March. Then, the Redskins can move on w/o him, get a 3rd round compensatory pick for the 2019 draft and either draft a qb in round 1 or 2 of the draft to develop under McCoy or sign a qb like Tyrod Taylor, Eli Manning, Keenum, Bradford or Bridgewater (whomever the Vikings don’t retain) or trade for Alex Smith,  Aj McCarron or Ryan Tannehill if their teams want to move those players.

But the thing is what makes you think the FO is gonna give him a bigger contract lol

you guys keep bringing stats again 

how is he performing is what counts , he hasn't looked great he's looked very inconsistent . He gets touchdowns cool but I would hope so after throwing almost 600 attempts a year .

use the money wisely I'm even willing to ride to die with Jay gruden if it means 3 years of progress with " HIS " hand picked qb .

Like why not invest more on the D find another WR and ok a rookie qb ? Yes! A vet qb ? Yes ! Will be fine .

100 million reasons to why we should not sign Kirk back 

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wilkerson is a pro bowl talent too, and if you could actually comprehend my reasoning, I said that only if Kirk won’t sign long term. I’d much rather trade Kirk to the AFC & to get a pro bowl caliber DE back in return than to eventually get no compensation for losing him or at best a 3rd round compensatory pick.

How bout just wait for the jets to release him .

id we tag Kirk cousins you trade him to the browns . I see Dorsey getting serious for the browns on a QB.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s terrelle pryor, and I remember Pryor was on the show earlier this year too.

This is the media trying to jump on anything they can to make it look like there’s distinction in our locker room to better navigate their Kirk won’t be back get click articles. These writers can write whatever they want. But Kirk’s best chance to win is here and our best chance to win is here! Yes there are teams that coul present better units. But look at all their offenses and their offensive coordinators. The only situation that fits Kirk IMO is Pittsburgh. Do you really think they are going to sign a outside player for close to 30 per when they are going to have to dig deep to pay Bell and a few other guys coming up for deals. 

I might be crazy but I just don’t read into the Kirk is leaving narrative as much as much as most because as bad and stupid as this team has managed to be in my life!!!!!!! I know we have been a special kind of stupid!!!!!! But there is no way Dan Snyder the ultimate I have to sell the fans on something owner could even convince himself he could allow Kirk to leave and this fan base not explode. As dumb as Bruce might just be there is no way he can look at this situation and say even if he does leave there’s some way he can spin it and keep his job beyond 2018 baring is finding the next Joe Montana and that player playing like Joe next year. There’s just no way. I know Kirk has to sign the deal but as I said before his only better option as far as fit talent and coaching is Pittsburgh. Honestly even if San Fran was still in it. Does he really want to be closing in on 30 going to a team with far less talent? Yes the fit and the money is there. But the team is just starting their build. Like it or not for the FO or Kirk they really are each other’s best shot. Why would Kirk want Denver? Yeah talented. 3rd staff in 4 years and this one looks like the worse one yet.

jacksonville. Yeah talented defense. Fornette is there. Good pass catchers. Who is their OC? They are a run first team and not because Bortles. They want to run. Are they gonna pay close to 30 per to a guy they want to hand it off 25 plus times a game? And yes they have cap now but they have a lot of big moves to make in the next 2 years where they will have to start picking and choosing on that defense.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s terrelle pryor, and I remember Pryor was on the show earlier this year too.

It's Bruce Allen being Bruce Allen. This report coming out after the season is essentially over? Its Allen laying the groundwork through the media. He'll try and make Cousins look like the bad guy. Again. It's another character assassination by Bruce Allen.

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

This is the media trying to jump on anything they can to make it look like there’s distinction in our locker room to better navigate their Kirk won’t be back get click articles. These writers can write whatever they want. But Kirk’s best chance to win is here and our best chance to win is here! Yes there are teams that coul present better units. But look at all their offenses and their offensive coordinators. The only situation that fits Kirk IMO is Pittsburgh. Do you really think they are going to sign a outside player for close to 30 per when they are going to have to dig deep to pay Bell and a few other guys coming up for deals. 

I might be crazy but I just don’t read into the Kirk is leaving narrative as much as much as most because as bad and stupid as this team has managed to be in my life!!!!!!! I know we have been a special kind of stupid!!!!!! But there is no way Dan Snyder the ultimate I have to sell the fans on something owner could even convince himself he could allow Kirk to leave and this fan base not explode. As dumb as Bruce might just be there is no way he can look at this situation and say even if he does leave there’s some way he can spin it and keep his job beyond 2018 baring is finding the next Joe Montana and that player playing like Joe next year. There’s just no way. I know Kirk has to sign the deal but as I said before his only better option as far as fit talent and coaching is Pittsburgh. Honestly even if San Fran was still in it. Does he really want to be closing in on 30 going to a team with far less talent? Yes the fit and the money is there. But the team is just starting their build. Like it or not for the FO or Kirk they really are each other’s best shot. Why would Kirk want Denver? Yeah talented. 3rd staff in 4 years and this one looks like the worse one yet.

jacksonville. Yeah talented defense. Fornette is there. Good pass catchers. Who is their OC? They are a run first team and not because Bortles. They want to run. Are they gonna pay close to 30 per to a guy they want to hand it off 25 plus times a game? And yes they have cap now but they have a lot of big moves to make in the next 2 years where they will have to start picking and choosing on that defense.

I'm sorry, but no. Cousins best chance is not to win in DC.

Denver: Great defense, top end receivers.

Jacskonville:  They're running 25+ a game because their QB is Blake Borttles. That receiving corps is talented and a good QB would make them shine.

Kansas City: Can opt out of the Alex Smith deal. Cousins is a dramatic improvement.

Arizona: If Palmer retires, Cousins makes them contenders.

New York: Either team would be good. Either team is an improvement over DC

I think the most likely scenario to play out is a "non-exclusive" franchise tag this offseason. Let Kirk "test the market" to see what he can make from other teams. I would say if he gets an offer that he likes, that the Skins can't or don't want to match, let him go and get 2 1sts as compensation. 

If he doesn't get a contract to his liking elsewhere, he may be willing to negotiate a deal here. Then again he may just play out our last chance Franchise tag and enter Free Agency next year. 

With all this being said, I hope Kirk stays in D.C., but if we have to lose him, 2 1sts would soften the blow.

Archived