Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

I hope Alex Smith tears it up, then we can revisit all the stuiped trade discussion. Some of you guys act like we can't win without cousins.

How many off schedule plays has Cousins made? It's a short list, Smith light years better in that department. Older doesn't necessarily mean worse. We get an rb in here and the naysayers gonna have some explaining to do. I'll take 3 productive years from Smith any day over the last 2 drama filled seasons we just went through. We can't move forward like that

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

I hope Alex Smith tears it up, then we can revisit all the stuiped trade discussion. Some of you guys act like we can't win without cousins.

How many off schedule plays has Cousins made? It's a short list, Smith light years better in that department. Older doesn't necessarily mean worse. We get an rb in here and the naysayers gonna have some explaining to do. I'll take 3 productive years from Smith any day over the last 2 drama filled seasons we just went through. We can't move forward like that

All that winning in the playoffs Alex Smith has done must've clouded my vision...

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Then draft our own QB.  What point is there in trying to win 7 to 9 games this year?  What point is there to trade for a 34 year old QB when you aren't a Super Bowl contender?  We'd also still have Fuller and our 3rd round pick.  

As much point as yelling angrily day after day to the Heavens about the hand you've been dealt? 

At some point, don't we all just have to shrug it off, and acknowledge that it is.. what it is? 

1 minute ago, Eric said:

You're misunderstanding me.  I never said we can't win without Cousins.  My point is that we weren't winning WITH Cousins.  Even if Alex Smith is just a lateral move at QB, how was trading for him a good move?  Should we have just started over at the position?  

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

No older doesn't necessarily mean worse but it does mean a much shorter timeframe.  We'll likely only get 3 years of decent play out of Alex Smith before he declines significantly.  IMO we would have been better off just rolling with a Rookie QB this year, or just sticking some random vet out there this year and tanking for a high pick in the draft to get a QB next year.  

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

All that winning in the playoffs Alex Smith has done must've clouded my vision...

If your team's best players are hobbling along, or not even on the field, expect the same. 

Get talent, keep the best talent healthy for the postseason, and you have a chance. A good chance. 

Don't? and few if any QBs can save you. 

1 minute ago, Eric said:

He's got just as many as cousins and he cost a lot less.

He costs $17 mil this year and will likely be around $23-$24 mil for several years after that.  $5-6 mil in cap space is worth a 3rd round pick and Fuller?

If we pay cousins what he's going to get on the open market we can't do anything to build around him. Plain and simple: Cousins ain't Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady, he needs a good cast around him. How in the hell are we going to do that with no cap space If cousin's has a huge chunk of it to himself? Give me Smith and the opportunity to build around him any day. If they truly are equal, that's just good business 

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

As much point as yelling angrily day after day to the Heavens about the hand you've been dealt? 

At some point, don't we all just have to shrug it off, and acknowledge that it is.. what it is? 

This will be the last time I respond to you telling me to "get over it" or "shrug it off".  I will not.  

1 minute ago, Eric said:

If we pay cousins what he's going to get on the open market we can't do anything to build around him. Plain and simple: Cousins ain't Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady, he needs a good cast around him. How in the hell are we going to do that with no cap space If cousin's has a huge chunk of it to himself? Give me Smith and the opportunity to build around him any day. If they truly are equal, that's just good business 

If the plan was to build up the roster using the cap space saved from not signing Cousins then trading for Smith was not the right play.  Not only did we give away a starting CB in Fuller on a cheap rookie contract, but we gave away a 3rd round pick (who could potentially be another major contributor on the roster on a cheap rookie contract).  We then turned around and gave Alex Smith a $91 mil extension.  Alex Smith is not a cheap QB.  A cheap QB would have been a guy on a rookie contract.  

I guess we will see what happens next year. Winning cures all from both sides of an argument like this. At the end of the day we just need to win period. That we can all agree on, we want to win!

Just now, Eric said:

I guess we will see what happens next year. Winning cures all from both sides of an argument like this. At the end of the day we just need to win period. That we can all agree on, we want to win!

Yes I want us to win.  If we win a Super Bowl I will say it was absolutely the right move and I was wrong.  However, winning 9 games and a first round playoff exit is not enough to make this the right move.  That's where we've been the past 3 years.  

14 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

If your team's best players are hobbling along, or not even on the field, expect the same. 

Get talent, keep the best talent healthy for the postseason, and you have a chance. A good chance. 

Don't? and few if any QBs can save you. 

So it has never been Alex Smiths fault? He just so happens to be on teams that blow large leads in the playoffs?

Archived