2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

Week 3:

*Hakeem Butler RS JR WR Iowa State:
Amazing game by him, probably the best game I have seen him play in college.  Great breaking tackles and getting away from defenders and made huge plays and got tons of yards after the catch.  Big body kid, if he could consistently play like this the guy is a 1st round talent, but one does not get this week in and week out.  Will see if he can keep this level of play up, was a boss in this game and really impressed no doubt.

*Sione Takitaki SR OLB BYU:
Played a great game for BYU, was a heck of a edge rusher last year but was undersized and struggled at times against the run.  As a free linebacker he played really great especially when kept clean.  His stock is really rising if he keeps playing like this at OLB, good speed, good toughness and really flows to the ball well.  Had a great game and was a key part in one of the biggest BYU victories in recent memory.  Outstanding performance by him and that defense overall.

*Rashard Lawrence JR DT/DE LSU:
Is a beast out there, flashed last year I thought but this year he has really rounded into form.  Is such a strong run defender, very hard to move and could play DT in a 4/3 or DE in a 3/4 and do very well.  Is a rock down there are hard to move no question about it.  I do not feel he will come out early because of the loaded class on the DL potentially, but if he comes back as a senior he has 1st round potential especially if he can develop some more pass rush ability.  Has a great motor and gives outstanding effort.

*Deshaun Davis SR ILB Auburn:
Played probably the best game I have seen him play in college.  Is a undersized linebacker but was super quick in this game flowing to the football and arriving violently.  Good hitter and forceful tackling in this game, looked good.  See if he can keep that intensity level up and could with that great DL ahead of him,Derrick Brown sure will keep offensive linemen off him that is for sure.

*David Montgomery JR RB Iowa State:
I liked him last year a lot, was inbetween if he would come out early for this up coming draft.  Regardless the kid can play and is an all around back.  He can catch the football, he can block when needed, make people miss in the hole and run on contract in the box as well.  Is a complete player and is easily a mid round draft pick or potentially higher with a good rest of the season.  Does not always have a lot of room to make plays but kid can run the football and does it very well.

*Corbin Kaufusi RS JR DE BYU:
I have liked him for three years now, is such a physical freak and is really becoming a fine DE prospect.  Have him as a 2nd rounder but has a higher ceiling than that, made Edwards look foolish at times and some have him as a 1st round OT.  Is very hard to handle because of his massive length and is thick in his base and can hold the point.  Is not super fast but in the correct system could do some big time damage at the next level, great to see him playing so well.

*Porter Gustin SR OLB USC: 
One of the few defenders that showed up in that game, only a few did consistently.  Was taken out because of a targeting but was getting very solid consistent pressure.  Was able to bull rush the tackle back into the QB and also won with speed at times.  If he can stay healthy he will be one of the top 3/4 OLB prospect because of his ability to consistently get to the QB.  But his health is a concern and durability, will see how he does the rest of the season.

*Kris Boyd SR CB Texas: 
Could be flying up the draft charts at CB, is playing very well after showing some flashes I thought last year.  Good smooth cover man that reacts well to the football and knows how to play the position.  Some other corners around the nation have been struggling and in terms of senior draft prospects at CB he is easily one of the best especially based on his play alone.

*Tua Tagovailoa SOPH QB Alabama: 
Just keeps playing well week in and week out.  Sure before the year was a little hype with him but now he is proving that yeah, come 2020 he will probably be the 1st pick overall.  Kid is crazy accurate, very athletic, super hard to deal with as a left hander and has a great head on his shoulders.  Awesome looking talent and very hard to see many things not to like about him.  Is not as run first of a QB like Mariota was especially early in his career and arguably has just as good of accuracy but makes more plays down the field that Mariota did as well especially this early in his career.  

*Austin Hoyt RS SR OT BYU:
Fine game by him and great game overall by that OL, able to hold there own against Wisconsin but they did miss their #1 pass rusher on the edge.  Hoyt is a big strong kid and could be a great mid round draft pick at tackle, does struggle at times in pass pro but was pretty solid in this game.  Part of a much improved group overall and be interesting to watch them as the season goes on.

*Darius Anderson JR RB TCU: |
I never thought of him as this great athlete at running back but wow showed some speed in that game breaking that huge run against a typically fast defense in Ohio State.  Liked Anderson a lot last year and I think he has a lot of potential.  Be curious what he does come draft time, if he keeps playing like this will almost have to come out early with that size and speed.

*Andre Anthony RS SOPH OLB LSU:
Where do they get these guys, another potential standout player for LSU, that SOPH defensive class they got is probably the best SOPH group in the nation defensively.  This kid is huge, long and looks like a damn good athlete.  Could be another star linebacker for them and arguably they might have the best SOPH CB, S, LB and ILB as of right now.  Great group of talent and he seems like just another one.

*Grant Delpit SOPH S LSU: 
Kid is a flat out super star, love his tackling ability at safety, really tackles aggressively and they are form proper tackles.  Good range and hitting ability, good in coverage as well, no doubt 1st round pick in 2020 I feel with this kid.

*Devin White JR ILB LSU: 
Wow he looked great in this game I thought, is a lot more athletic than people give him credit for and really that is the only question mark about him.  In this game he showed he has plenty of makeup speed and quickness to get into the backfield.  Is in better shape than last year and has such great instincts.  Is a 1st rounder all the way and potentially a top 10 pick, outstanding ILB prospect and could do great things in a 3/4 I think.

*Hamp Cheevers JR CB Boston College:
I really like his ball skills overall.  Has a nice feel and anticipation, got his hands on more than a few footballs in that game.  Just on ball skills alone he is a corner to watch no doubt this season, will see if he can show as a tackler and improve his fundamentals as well.

*Essang Bassey JR CB Wake Forest:
Kid is a boss out there in terms of tackling, especially at that size.  Very fundamentally sound and I liked him last year and still like him a lot this year as a prospect.  Would not be surprised to see him come out early and be in the 2nd tear group of CBs potentially.  Was able to take down Dillon in one on one situations more than once in this game, impressive at his size.

*Tommy Sweeney RS SR TE Boston College:
I liked him last year and I am more impressed with him again this season.  Such a fine run and jump athlete who can hold up as a blocker as well.  Easily one of the better all around TE prospects in the draft who is not just a pass catching TE and is more complete than many out there.

*Greg Dortch RS SOPH WR Wake Forest:
Brought him up last year and already this season.  I guess he is a RS player as a sophomore so I think him coming out in this up coming draft could be a real thing.  Is a great return man, sure he is small but is a threat with his speed and I love his athletic ability overall.  Would be a great mid round pick just for his return skills alone.  Could potentially put up better numbers with better QB play I feel.

*Seth Williams FR WR Auburn:
Only flashed a little bit but the few plays he made, wow he has some great hands and ability to catch the football.  Good size as a receiver but those hands are what makes him impressive, good body control and looks to be a potential big time pass catcher.  They should be using him more and more as the year goes on.

*Jeff Thomas SOPH WR Miami FL:
Arguably the best game I have seen him play, such blazing speed and made some insane catches one almost completely over his shoulder as well.  Really got behind the defense and made things happen.  Nice looking player and makes them not really miss Richards out there that is for sure.  Thomas is arguably a faster player and is pretty quick as well, nice looking pass catching weapon.  

*Innis Gaines JR S TCU:
Mentioned him a little before the season and the more I watch him the more I like him as a prospect no question.  Versatile safety who can play in the slot and covers very well, good around the line of scrimmage as well, knows the game and is a smart player who can make plays.  Had a great game against a great team this week no question about it.  Had a huge impact and if he keeps his play at this level could maybe even before a early entry type of prospect with the talent he has shown so far.

*Garret Wallow SOPH ILB TCU:
Is a very undersized linebacker but can really fly around and make plays out there.  Quick to react to the football and is a promising young linebacker talent no question, especially if he puts on some more weight, was a former safety I believe.  Had a great game though, if he gets stronger could be a real beast out there with his range and speed at the position.

*Shawn Robinson SOPH QB TCU: 
I was impressed with how quick and athletic he was back there, very hard to bring down and good at avoiding pressure and making quick strong throws.  Could develop into a very good prospect over time, interesting talent with that athletic ability and that arm strength.  Takes chances and makes things happen from the position, that is for sure.

*Collin Johnson JR WR Texas:
Had a good game and competed hard, good strong hands and made some plays with the ball in the air.  Do wish he would do this week in and week out with the talent he has shown.  Will see if he can do that this season and consistently be a weapon and make plays on the field.

*Kyler Murray RS JR QB Oklahoma:
The kid just continues to impress, again I have a hard time bringing him up but honestly with him playing this well could argue he could easily be a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the NFL draft.  Has greatly improved as a passer and combine that with his athletic ability and ability to get away from pressure he is ripping people up this year.  Nice looking talent who is a baseball player, oddly enough with him playing this well he might have to make a choice on which one he wants to do, because he could be a backup NFL QB in the mold of a Seneca Wallace I feel and hang around the league for awhile.  Has arguably a better arm than Wallace did as well and is just as quick and nimble in the pocket.

*Neville Gallimore RS JR NT Oklahoma:
Is a freaking tree trunk out there, so thick and massive for a NT.  Promising looking talent and is one of the better NT talents in the nation because of that massive size and strength.  Is a decent athlete who can get after the QB at times also.  Be curious what he does come draft time, could maybe be a 2nd rounder but would be drafted higher potentially if he came back as a RS SR next year.

*Garrett Brumfield SR OG LSU:
Has really improved I feel at guard, moves very well, big wide body and has played well.  Good run blocker no question and is good enough in the pass game.  Could be rising up the draft charts, solid talent with good mobility for his size I feel, nice mid round guard prospect.

*Gary Johnson SR OLB Texas: 
Have liked him for awhile, flashed big time last year and his athletic ability is really impress.  How he can get behind the line and make plays, is a compact and powerful athlete with great sideline to sideline speed.  With a fine season I would be surprised if he is not a 2nd round pick, and with a great year could maybe if he is lucky get into the 1st round with his ability to run.  That kind of potential is impressive, is strong enough to hold his own inside and can hit like a safety and run like one as well yet is heavier and more powerful than a safety who can play linebacker.

*Cade Carney JR RB Wake Forest:
Really impressed with his toughness running the football.  Physical runner who is not afraid to go inbetween the tackles and take contact.  I expect him to really breakout next year potentially and could be a nice looking prospect for sure.  Is having a great year already on Wake and that should continue with the power he runs with and aggression.

*Matt Colburn II SR RB Wake Forest:
Is impressive how well built he is despite not being super big or heavy.  Is a thick strong kid, has surprisingly quick feet and has some toughness about him as well when he runs.  Nice looking player and maybe could work himself into being a late round pick, will see.  Is part of a surprising one two punch at RB for Wake.

*Wyatt Ray SR DE Boston College:
Had a great game and really broke out, could be just poor OT play but he was all over the place especially late in that game getting after the QB.  Showed a few quick bursts off the edge and flashed as a outside edge rusher.  Will see how the rest of his season goes, have not really noticed him in Boston College games I have seen before.  Will pay more attention to him now this year, does help having Allen opposite who gets most of the attention.  

*Scott Nelson RS FR S Wisconsin:
Very young player for them but should be a star safety for years to come.  Good mobility out there at safety and looks the part, good in coverage and solid tackler as well.  Very promising young player no question about it, will see what he can do as the season goes on.

*Garrett Groshek  RS SOPH RB Wisconsin:
Had arguably the most impressive runs on that Wisconsin offense in that game.  Tough kid, showed surprising athletic ability and quickness I thought.  Nice looking talent and could be a good change of pace back for them in the future.  Should get more and more carries as the season goes on.

*Caden Sterns FR S Texas:
Looks like a potential star, highly rated safety and looks the part.  Moves so well out there and is very smooth in coverage.  Had some big plays in that game and played the slot quite well also, is part of a Texas defense that had a great game against a solid offensive team.  Sterns no question could be a potential star prospect and is one to watch from here on out.

*Alton Robinson JR DE Syracuse:
Kid has a great game and made that FSU OL look silly more than once.  Is a undersized DE and needs to get stronger at the point of attack.  But his quickness and overall length is very interesting.  Is an odd combo at DE they have at Syracuse, have not had that kind of DL talent in a very long time, combined with Coleman on the other side they are hard to handle.  Robinson is no question a promising looking athletic edge rusher, will see how he does the rest of the year.

*Olive Sagapolu SR NT Wisconsin: 
Is a lot better athlete than most think, made some splash plays in this game and is a nice looking player with a decent amount of upside.  Is more active this year and can hold his own and gives good effort chasing down the ball for a man his size.  Great mid round prospect especially for any team looking for a NT, and if he works out well could really rise come draft day.

Others who impressed:

Amon-Ra St. Brown FR WR USC
DeeJay Dallas SOPH RB Miami FL
Jamel Dean RS JR CB Auburn 
James Empey RS FR C BYU
Jake Ferguson RS FR TE Wisconsin 
Sam Hartman FR QB Wake Forest 
Kendall Coleman JR DE Syracuse 
Jalen Reagor SOPH WR TCU 
David Blough SR QB Purdue
Kendall Blanton RS SR TE Missouri 
Austin Mack JR WR Ohio State
Navaughn Donaldson SOPH OG Miami FL
Justin Jefferson SOPH WR LSU 
Jordan Ta'amu SR QB Ole Miss 

Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Throwing-orange-at

Disappointed:

Michael Dieter RS SR OG Wisconsin - Did not play well in this game and really was beat multiple times.  Struggled when he pulled at times and did not play with great power either.  Is out of place at OT I thought last year, but is not dominating at OG this year like he should.  Some have him as a 1st rounder, I do not see that unless one just picks any Wisconsin OL regardless just because they think they will be great eventually.  Needs to get better and play better to be a 1st rounder I feel.  

Joe Jackson JR DE Miami FL - I have not liked him as much as some but do me he does not look like this high 1st round pick.  Made a few plays in that game but his teammates arguably made more, he has good size for the position and decent quickness but is not a very strong player at the point of attack.  He does not get consistent pressure either play after play.  I think of him as a project guy in the 2nd round or later, not sure he is a 1st round talent especially in this DL group.  Might be smart of him to stay in school unless he really improves his play this year.

David Edwards RS JR OT Wisconsin - Struggled against some big strong defensive ends on BYU.  Did not have a good game, I have never been sold on him as a high 1st round pick and this is why.  He is talented no question but needs to dominate more and at times does struggle in pass pro.  That entire OL did not play up to par, be curious how they do after this performance here on out.

Jalen Hurd  RS SR WR Baylor - I love his potential as a prospect but what was with this game.  Had multiple drops, had poor body language and really struggled out there at times.  Needs to be as aggressive and strong with the football like he was as a RB.  That is what makes him such an interesting prospect especially after the catch.  But if he cannot even catch that is a big time problem, and still has work to do with route running and overall conditioning.  Needs to play better and maybe it was just an off week for him.

Parnell Motley JR CB Oklahoma - Did make some big plays and good for him to stay in the game, keep a good attitude and compete.  But he did get beat a lot in this game, was out fought for the ball more than once and struggled tackling at times also.  Still ok talent but if he was indeed that good he would not he picked on all game like he was in this one.  Still like I said at least he stayed confident and kept competing out there regardless.

Deondre Francois RS JR QB Florida State - Really it is not all his fault, the kid gets beat up back there and did all game long basically.  But honestly it is a little disappointing his lack of success and inability to get the ball to his weapons.  He should make these guys look good not need to rely on great players to make him look good, if indeed he is that great of a QB.  Will be hard for him this season, will see how he gets through it and how he does, just on getting beat up alone and how bad this OL looks, be curious if he comes out regardless and will be a 3rd QB on some team as a project in the later rounds.  I like his arm and what he has shown but is having a hard time as is that entire team really.

Yea, I saw the Baylor game.  The Jalen Hurd wideout experiment might cost him some money if he can't figure out how to catch the ball.  The announcers were saying how he wanted to save his body for the next level by converting to wide receiver.  Well, he shouldn't count his chickens before they hatch, because that wasn't a next level receiver on the field that day.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I applaud the effort.

Thanks man, sometimes I wonder if it is worth all the effort.  But I would be doing it anyways myself, and nice to write stuff down to finalize some thoughts once in awhile.  

I like to be ahead of things and on the ball in terms of prospects, if not I would be a little like....

whatd_you_do_tommy_boy.gif

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, Ozzy said:

*Neville Gallimore RS JR NT Oklahoma:
Is a freaking tree trunk out there, so thick and massive for a NT.  Promising looking talent and is one of the better NT talents in the nation because of that massive size and strength.  Is a decent athlete who can get after the QB at times also.  Be curious what he does come draft time, could maybe be a 2nd rounder but would be drafted higher potentially if he came back as a RS SR next year.

Dude is going to be a riser come draft time, he is a scary mover for a guy his size. He's going to test well if he comes out, I could easily see him go day two.

And no love for Dre'Mont Jones?

7 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Dude is going to be a riser come draft time, he is a scary mover for a guy his size. He's going to test well if he comes out, I could easily see him go day two.

And no love for Dre'Mont Jones?

I agree, Gallimore is very impressive, will be curious what he decides to do.  I think he should come back to school because he will not get picked over other NTs in Derrick Brown or Dexter Lawrence, and if he comes back as a RS SR has a chance then to be a 1st rounder.  Could maybe be a first rounder this year but like you said probably day two.  

Yes Dre'Mont Jones could have been included this past week, especially with that impressive pick six, he has played well.  He is an athletic DT no question, but similar to Gallimore I think he should wait till 2020 to come out, could greatly increase his draft stock.  Same with a guy like Rashard Lawrence, be curious if he comes out early, is a great 3/4 DE and could play DT as well in a 4/3, has more versatility and power arguably than Jones but also might fall out of the 1st round, instead if he returned could be a 1st rounder in 2020.  A lot of DLs will have to decide that because the group is so loaded, might not be the best idea for all to join such a loaded class and drop in the draft.  Sadly those DLs on Wyoming have kind of disappointed this year, I expected a lot more out of them that what they have produced.  Outside of that 1st game they have been so so.  

On 9/17/2018 at 6:13 PM, Ozzy said:

*Devin White JR ILB LSU: 
Wow he looked great in this game I thought, is a lot more athletic than people give him credit for and really that is the only question mark about him.  In this game he showed he has plenty of makeup speed and quickness to get into the backfield.  Is in better shape than last year and has such great instincts.  Is a 1st rounder all the way and potentially a top 10 pick, outstanding ILB prospect and could do great things in a 3/4 I think.

Who exactly isn't giving Devin White credit for his athletic ability? That's the one thing people actually do give him credit for. He was damn near 260 pounds as a high school recruit and people were claiming he ran sub 4.5 at that weight...whenever I see people talk about him the only thing they want to mention is just how good of an athlete he is.

Had to help convert a silo into a grain bin, so only got to see some of the later games on Saturday....

Week 4:

*Justin Hollins RS SR OLB Oregon:
Wow what a prospect he is,  really promising talent that has come on strong this year no question about it.  Kid is a potential super star OLB at the next level and has great length and quickness.  Is very hard to handle off the edge and could be a hell of a pass rusher and worst case could still be a great 4/3 OLB as well if a 3/4 OLB does not work out.  Regardless he has a ton of upside and could be a 2nd round pick and with a great workout would not be surprised to see him with 1st round talk.  Had a great game and is wildly impressive, will see how he does the rest of the season.  

*Benny Snell Jr JR RB Kentucky:
I loved the kid last year and he is just as good if not better this year.  Is the freaking man out there for Kentucky and is tough as they come and as competitive as they come.  Very physical RB with great power and speed combination.  Good team leader as well and despite not having a great passing game to help him out, the kid is simply productive regardless if the blocking is great or not.  1st round talent I feel and if he keeps playing this well could maybe even be the 1st RB taken in next years draft.  Got to love that toughness and ability to grind out games.  Outstanding off the field as well and is a competitive tough kid who is a strong leader, helped put Kentucky back on the map.

*Jordon Scott SOPH NT Oregon:
Kid destroyed the Stanford interior offensive line at times I thought.  Was a super impressive player and I liked him last year at times and he showed a ton of potential, now he is showing up on a consistent basis.  Is a great looking NT prospect no question and being so young could develop into a great one down the road.  Awesome game by him showing some big time strength and power inside.  

*Kaden Smith RS SOPH TE Stanford: 
Really had a great game and is a very promising young TE.  I thought he had to improve some things off last year and he sure has, seems to be in better shape and is a big time weapon in the middle of the field.  Nice athlete with good size, will see if he comes out early for the draft this year because he has potential to be one of the top TEs I feel.  Awesome game and shows some fine hands catching the ball and good route running ability.

*AJ Epenesa SOPH DE Iowa:
Kid is an elite prospect, I liked him last year and he is really played well again this season.  Apparently still does not start but is easily the best DL on that entire Iowa team.  Great athletic ability off the edge, has good hand usage as well and knows how to get himself free and turn the corner.  Big time prospect and in 2020 could become a 1st rounder, will see.  Fine game against a quality offensive line that is for sure.

*Devin Singletary JR RB FAU: 
Mentioned him earlier this year and last.  Kid is flat out legit and has some amazing quickness and feet as a RB.  Is not weak though, can break tackles and make big time plays in the open field.  Like how he broke leg tackles in this game and kept driving, is not just a speed back, can take contact and makes some great cuts.  Does not get a ton of run lanes all the time but at the next level he could really do well I feel.  Has 1st round potential but could be a flat out steal in the 2nd round which he will most likely go.  

*Josh Allen SR OLB Kentucky:
To start the year was clearly a 1st rounder and the best OLB potentially in the up coming draft.  Did not disappoint in this big time win for UK.  Awesome speed and quickness around the corner, can get pressure easily and consistently and did that.  Is athletic enough to have some range to him as well and cover a little and play in space also.  Sure might sound weird but even before the season I had two Kentucky football players in the first round and still believe that, they could have the best RB and OLB in the up coming draft, will see.  Fine talent and good showing by him I thought.

*Paulson Abedo SOPH CB Stanford: 
Was just attacked constantly, especially in over time and he help up extremely well.  Great anticipation on the football jumping routes and getting his hands in there to break it up.  Has a crazy amount of passes defended this year already, I think around 12 in four games.  Very good looking young corner that has smooth natural coverage skills and is not afraid to attack the football and defend without fear of getting PI calls.  Knows how to play the position that is for sure and is a solid tackle at times when he needs to be.  

*Miles Sanders JR RB Penn State:
Great game by him showed some big time leg drive and power.  Still not totally sure just how elite he could be, his ceiling does not seem that high to me but maybe I am wrong.  I do not view him as a early entry guy either, is some what limited athletically but is doing some good things with the chance he has got now to get some carries.  Impressive leg power though and toughness running, will see if he can keep this up and continue to improve.

*Azeez Al-Shaair SR ILB FAU:
Very interesting prospect that I have to watch more of.  Looks like an athletic linebacker who flows well to the football, showed up a lot more in this game than some other big games they had earlier in the year.  Nice looking talent though and could maybe be a decent late round draft pick, will see.

*Mike Epstein SOPH RB Illinois:
Very interesting looking talent, came on a little last year and looks like a pretty legit runner who has good quickness and big play potential.  Runs hard and is shifty and fast, nice young player and is part of a surprisingly good one two combo at RB for Illinois

*JJ Arcega-Whiteside RS JR WR Stanford:
Just shows up week in and week out.  Love his jump ball ability and he can simply got get it no question about it.  Great size and footwork for a man his size, is slowly becoming possibly the best WR in the up coming draft potentially.  Really hard to deal with and is a nice looking player with big time go get the ball in the air ability.

*TJ Hockenson RS SOPH TE Iowa:
Played a great game and was extremely productive.  Is arguably just as good as his teammate Fant.  Hockenson is a fine athlete, does not have massive size but is not a small TE either.  Good athletic ability in the passing game and plays with good energy and passion.  Is part of a solid SOPH TE group and being a RS player he could come out for the draft and be a mid round pick.  Nice looking talent and good game for sure by him.

*Colby Parkinson SOPH TE Stanford:
Made that one crazy catch in the end zone showcasing his awesome ball skills and anticipation.  Super long and lengthy kid, liked him last year and should get better and better as this year goes on.  Could develop into a great TE prospect with that kind of size and those good hands.

*Gardner Minshew RS JR QB Washington State:
I need to see him more but he is a nice looking prospect, I did not think much of him coming into the year but he has impressed in that new system.  Is small and has trouble finding passing lanes at times but is smart, good fundamentals and is in control of the offense.  Could be a good 3rd string project QB and as a game manager there is a lot to like about how he carries himself at QB.  Will be interesting to see how he does as the season goes on, played quite well in a big time environment on the road.

*Justin Herbert JR QB Oregon:
Had a good game no doubt, early in that game was unstoppable at times.  Did struggle later when things got tight and the pressure was on him from a pass rush standpoint.  Sure it is easy when no one is back there and everyone is backing off because of his run ability.  Nice talent clearly and probably is a 1st rounder just not sure he will be the 1st QB taken.  Has tons of upside no question but I think his legs are a very big part of his success, that threat of him running.  If in a more pro style offense he would need to learn to run for throwing down field, instead of just run to gain yards in a draw or run pass option.  Has a lot of upside no question and with Josh Allen being drafted last year because of that athletic ability and big arm, Herbert will be as well.  However I feel Josh Allen easily has a better arm than Herbert.

*CJ Conrad SR TE Kentucky:
Have liked him for awhile, made a great catch in that game at a big point.  Is not a huge pass catching TE in terms of production, but I love his ability to block and play aggressively with power.  In terms of a HB/TE with blocking potential he is about as good as it gets in this TE class.  If he could just expand his pass catching would be a much higher pick as well but their QB situation is not the strongest so that might be hard to showcase.  Will see how he does in the pre draft work and pre draft games, could impress a lot there.

*Peyton Pelluer SR ILB Washington State:
Had a great game on the road I thought, made a lot of plays and show nice quickness and toughness as a ILB.  Could potentially be a fine 3/4 ILB and a good mid to late round draft pick who could play special teams as well.  Really impressive physical play by him in that game, good instinctive player who can anticipate and make things happen.  

*Reggie Corbin RS JR RB Illinois: 
Another good game by him, very good quickness and make you miss ability.  Has not shown much outside of this season but this year he has really shown up in terms of making defenders miss in the open field and making plays.  

Others who impressed:

Alijah Holder RS SR CB Stanford
Dan Archibong RS SOPH DT Temple
Hunter Snyder RS SR DE FAU 
Michael Marchese SOPH S Illinois 
Jovan Swann JR DE Stanford 

Disappointed:

Walker Little SOPH OT Stanford - Struggled in that game against some quick athletic rushers that is for sure.  Coming into the year I thought he had a lot of upside and potential, still does but is not playing up to par I feel.  Is getting beat around the edge way too often and that was a problem in this game no question about it.  Will see how he does as the year goes on, overall that entire Stanford offensive line is not playing up to par considering the talent they had coming back I feel.

Jesse Burkett RS SR C Stanford - Just got man handled in this game by Scott multiple times, was completely pushed backwards and moved quite easily.  Thought Burkett coming back into the lineup would help them, it did not and there was not a ton of push or holes on the inside of that line.  Is looking more and more like maybe a UDFA prospect instead of a drafted player, will see.

Bryce Love SR RB Stanford  -  Did indeed start to run aggressively later in that game, does not have many holes to go through but his lack of ability to take contact is an issue.  He is so thin and his legs and lower body seem just so thin to me.  Is not having the season I thought he would but it is still early.  Again at least later in the game regardless of the blocking he was aggressive as a runner and pressed the hole.  Is a little too passive I feel and is not showcasing that big time speed he did show as a junior.  Maybe it is the blocking ahead of him, maybe he is fearing another injury but he needs to pick it up.  To me right now he might not be the clear #1 RB in the up coming draft where before the season I thought he would be.  Needs to show he can be that quick aggressive back who can take contact and make big plays running and catching the football.  

Jonathan Taylor SOPH RB Wisconsin - Had a good game no doubt but it does seem more and more that he is very dependent on the blocking ahead of him.  Cannot make many people miss in the open field, can make good solid cuts at times but in one on one situations he is not that difficult in terms of him making you miss unless he really has a head of steam.  Looks a lot more 'human' these past few weeks and not this freak unstoppable force he was before.  That does happen when defenses start to pay attention to you, his backups get more production and big plays as a runner at times like last week.  Still a great looking talent but sure helps having the best OL in college football block for him, even if they are a little underachieving in terms of this three 1st rounder talk.  The OL is still easily the best in the nation by far and that helps Taylor a lot.  Will see if he can keep being dynamic and powerful as the season wears on and the opposition gets better and better.

Note:  That Virginia Tech defense, how can that happen?  I did not see the game but wow, that secondary which apparently had quite a few talent players getting ripped apart like that?  Wow, very surprising especially on the defensive side of the ball giving up that kind of yardage.  Obviously that FSU win on the road earlier in the year for VT is not as impressive as it seemed before...

Week 5:

*Jerry Tillery SR DT Notre Dame: 
Um wow what a game by him.  Splashed a little earlier in the year but this game he was flat out great.  Got great push inside and just destroyed the Stanford offensive line.  Four sacks in the game which is crazy impressive.  Guy is having a great senior season and is showing he could be a great DT at the next level or a possible star 3/4 DE as well.  Working his way up to being a 2nd rounder I feel if not maybe a 1st rounder in a crazy deep DL core.  Amazing game by him, simple as that, made Herbig look simply bad more than once.

*Cam Brown JR OLB Penn State: 
Had one of this better games I thought, was very active and quick to react, made a lot more plays and was around the football consistently.  Is almost ideal linebacker size and is super quick for his size as well, if he keeps up this level of production kid will be a wanted prospect.  Hope he stays another year to help round out his game and get a little stronger, huge upside with him though no question, nice to see him performing on the field finally and making more of an impact.

*AJ Terrell SOPH CB Clemson: 
Finally a CB shows up for them that has some upside I feel.  Nice looking player, going to have to watch him a lot more but was smooth out there and reacted well.  Played with good confidence and aggression, if he improves a little as a tackler with those cover skills kid could be a big time prospect down the road.  

*Alex Bars SR OG Notre Dame: 
Flat out awful he got injured in that game and might be out for the season, really was impressed by him and I am going to have to go back and watch more of him earlier in the year.  Kid is a possible star OG and arguably one of the better OG talents in the up coming draft.  Very big kid and moves well, thick build and is strong, real shame for sure how he got injured.  Could have maybe worked his way into being a late 1st rounder, will see how his recovery goes or if he tries and get a medical redshirt as a RS SR player.  

*Joe Jackson JR DE Miami FL: 
I still question a lot about his game but yeah he showed up in this one and made many highlight plays that will be on his Draft highlight clip show for sure.  Got that impressive pick six and a few fumble caused.  No one questions his athletic ability but being stronger at the point of attack I would like to see more of.  Still nice to see him show out and perform at a high level even if it was not against the best competition.

*Chase Winovich SR DE Michigan: 
Big game by him, just keeps getting better and better.  Love the energy he plays with and is a good solid pass rusher who can get consistent pressure over time.  Kid could be a great 3rd round pickup for a team, would be drafted higher than that but the DE group is so deep he will probably fall a little because of that.  Have to love the effort and passion he plays with though, is really outstanding.

*Julian Love JR CB Notre Dame: 
When in coverage he is impressive with his footwork.  Thought he was a little overrated last year but has played well this season and is not getting beat nearly as often.  Need to watch him more but is a promising CB prospect potentially, will see how he does as the year goes on.  Did play great in this game against JJ who is very hard to handle especially in jump ball action, stayed with him consistently all game long.

*KJ Hamler FR WR Penn State: 
A huge wow game by him no question about it.  Shows big time burner speed against a solid secondary in Ohio State.  Just blew by defenders especially on one that long play.  So quick in his change of direction and plays a lot bigger than he is.  Good in and out of his breaks and has absolute star potential down the road.  Is already arguably the best WR on a deep and talented WR group.  

*Miles Boykin SR WR Notre Dame: 
Awesome game for him and really he has broke out this season after flashing last year in that bowl game.  Was extremely productive on the crossing routes and short routes.  Big body WR who has quick feet and can work across the middle and make plays with the ball in the air.  Moves well for a man his size and did some great things in the passing game against solid coverage.  Could work himself into being a late round pick potentially I feel.

*JR Pace SOPH S Northwestern: 
Very impressive play by him I thought, really solid safety who is in the right place at the right time.  Good fundamental tackler as well who does not get out of position often and can make form tackles.  One to watch for as the season goes on no doubt, interesting looking safety prospect.

*Grant Delpit SOPH S LSU: 
I keep bringing him up over and over again, just continues to impress me.  Kid is a demon as a pass rusher and has such good range, big time hitter and great form tackler.  All the talk is Williams being this great CB and he is, but Delpit is just as great of a safety and arguably would be a top 10 pick this year if he could come out.  To me he is a top 5 potential pick in 2020 arguably with how great he has been playing this year.  Best safety in the country and really it is not even that close.

*Isaiah Simmons RS SOPH OLB Clemson: 
I was hard on the linebacker play for Clemson earlier in the year, this game the guys showed up and I like the move of Simmons from safety to more of a OLB role.  Kid is a great athlete, long and fast and could be a potential star at OLB with his range and coverage ability.  Thick kid, put together well and made some nice aggressive plays in this game.  Will see if he can keep that up and continue to grow throughout the year.

*Connor McGovern JR OG Penn State: 
Played well in that game I thought, with other top OGs in the nation not having great seasons so far, he could climb back up and become the clear cut #1 OG prospect.  Very glad he is not at center anymore, I think he is better at guard and in this game was athletic enough to handle the good interior DTs for Ohio State at times.  Nice looking athlete who moves his feet well, easily the best OL on that team and has been for awhile now.    

*Chase Young SOPH DE Ohio State: 
Real breakout game for him on a big stage without the help of Bosa on the other side.  Really show up especially in getting his hands on balls and deflecting the QB passes.  Tall athletic kid and sure at times got pushed around but when he needed to make big plays he did it especially late.  Would love to see him stronger against the run and more solid in his lower body but he still has time to develop.  Show big time playmaking potential in this game though no doubt.  

*Kendall Coleman JR DE Syracuse: 
Another standout game by him, is a compact edge rusher but is getting good consistent pressure and getting home at the QB.  Strong showings by him in big games no question about it, is part of a surprisingly good DL on Syracuse.

*Andrew Thomas SOPH OT Georgia: 
I really liked how he played in that game, just moved defenders out of the way it seemed and played better than his opposite tackle across from him in Wilson I felt.  Nice power in Thomas's game, big strong kid who is a good looking athlete.  Will see how he does the rest of the season, potentially nice looking talent.

*Asmar Bilal SR OLB Notre Dame:  
Noticed him a little bit earlier in the year.   The kid is put together well, good looking athlete for sure and is making plays at linebacker around the line of scrimmage and is in position in coverage as well.  Could be a late round draft pick if he keeps playing this well, is a nice looking talent with a good build.  Great year by him and is part of one of the better LB cores in the nation in terms of a three man group, they have all played quite well.

*Tre Lamar JR ILB Clemson: 
Another Clemson linebacker I thought played well in that game.  I love his size and strength for the position, is really built and is a strong kid.  Tackles well in a box and looks the part no question, will see how he plays the rest of the year.   

*Trill Williams FR CB Syracuse: 
Seems to be a very good coverage corner with fine ball skills.  I need to watch him more but looks like a talented player and part of a very surprisingly good Syracuse defensive unit overall.

*Travis Etienne SOPH RB Clemson: 
One of the best games I have seen him play easy.  Was very key in a big win for them against a good team.  Has always been a super quick back, showed a little more toughness and inside running in this game which was nice to see.  Will always big a game breaker though with that speed, will see if he will be featured more as this season goes on depending on that QB situation for Clemson.

*Charles Omenihu SR DE Texas: 
Awesome game for him and good to see him be able to get after the QB.  I have liked him for awhile, is such a huge strong kid and almost ideal DE edge rusher and could play in a 4/3 or 3/4 if he gained a little weight.  Love that size and length though and he is a solid 2nd round pick and maybe late 1st if he keeps playing like this.  

*Drue Tranquill SR OLB Notre Dame:  
I have liked him for awhile, is very good in coverage and showed that in this game against some very talented TEs on Stanford.  Was all over them in coverage and even played the game with a fractured hand and still was effective.  Tough kid and his safety background at linebacker is very impressive and is a solid mid round draft pick if not higher I feel at this point.  

*Donovan People-Jones SOPH WR Michigan: 
They need to get the ball in his hands more, is so impressive on punt return action and his ability to make defenders miss in the open field when he can just go run.  Very athletic and quick, does spin moves and a variety of other action to make guys miss.  Needs to get the ball more, good build to him and impressive how he moves for a guy that big and strong, he is well put together and one to watch for sure down the road.  

*Darrell Taylor JR DE Tennessee:  
One of the few bright spots for Tennessee, was able to get some big time pressure on the QB in that game which was a 3 sack outing I believe.  Not sure if he is a down DE though or more of a 3/4 OLB however.  Nice pass rushing talent and potentially next year as a senior could round out into a solid prospect for the next level, can bend the edge and get around the corner consistently on defense.

*Ian Book JR QB Notre Dame: 
Looks great out there at QB, surprising but true.  Throws crazy accurate balls on the move and from uncommon positions.  Is a gamer out there, accurate and throwing on a dead sprint like he does, hard to deal with.  Will see if he can keep up this level of play.  Will be difficult with the injury to Bar for the season but Notre Dame has a shot at going undefeated based on the schedule, but now will have a ton of expectations where earlier in the year there was not much.

*Chase Claypool JR WR Notre Dame: 
Mentioned him before, did not have an amazing game but kid is a special looking talent.  Love how aggressive he plays and how big and athletic he is.  Was crazy to see him on special teams and being a wild man out there, really impressive actually.  Could be a big time talent especially if he comes back and develops more as a senior next year.

*Shaun Wade RS FR CB Ohio State: 
Did get beat badly on that one play but is a very interesting player I think because of that arm length and ability to anticipate passes.  Can get around the wide receiver and make a play on the football.  Looks like he could be pretty smooth in coverage as well, be interesting what happens at corner for him could see him starting sooner rather than later.

*Mike Smith RS SR ILB Miami FL: 
Made some aggressive splash plays in this game I thought, good compact linebacker who is interesting.  Sadly he never plays because of the LB talent ahead of him.  Will see how he does if he can see some more action this year as a RS SR player, I thought he did some good things out there.  Very long shot for the league but nice to see him out there being active, is well put together and a strong athlete it looks like.  

*Jamal Custis RS SR WR Syracuse:  
Very big tall kid that made some things happen in that game, also was impressive covering on special teams as well.  Late bloomer it seems and have not heard much of anything from him before this year.  Is shinning when it matters most though, will see if he can keep playing well and maybe be a long shot late round draft pick.  

*Andre Cisco FR S Syracuse: 
I need to watch him more but looks like a smart safety who moves very well in coverage.  One of two potential standout freshman defensive backs for the Cuse.  Nice looking talent for sure to keep an eye on.

*Antonio Blackmon RS SR CB Purdue:
I need to watch a lot more of him but I love the confidence he plays with.  Is an active corner who can anticipate and make some plays, but does get beat from time to time.  Will see how he does the rest of the year, need to watch him more but hard to not like a corner with a little confidence to him.

Others who impressed:

Pat Freiermuth FR TE Penn State  
Tavien Feaster JR RB Clemson  
John Simpson JR OG Clemson
Henry Ruggs III SOPH WR Alabama  
Jordan Fuller JR S Ohio State  
JD Davis SR ILB Clemson  
Chris Slayton RS SR DT Syracuse  

Disappointed:

Khaleke Hudson JR OLB Michigan - Has now showed up much this season, not nearly as impactful as he was last year I think.  Lacking in getting a pass rush and lacking making plays in general, not sure if it is an injury thing and it might be but he has not impressed so far this season I feel.  As an athletic linebacker he should make far more plays on the field especially in pass coverage than he has been.

Walker Little SOPH OT Stanford - Another bad showing for him I thought.  Was beat badly off the edge more than once and he is just not been playing well especially in pass protection. Same could be said for Herbig as well arguably who go beat up back against Tillery in that game as well.  With Little though I expected a lot out of his this year, he has not lived up to those expectations though that is for sure.  Will see if he can turn it around.  

Isaiah Prince SR OT Ohio State - Thought he was a tough OT coming into the year and could be a ok mid round prospect but not so sure about that now.  Looked out of place at OT in this game, struggled in pass protection I thought and struggled against athletic edge rushers as well.  

Kris Boyd SR CB Texas - Still a very promising corner and one of the better senior CBs in the nation.  But was not impressed with his game here, was beaten by less talented receivers on K-State more than once.  Was out of position a few times and just was not as smooth in coverage as he usually is.  Sure it was not awful but just as surprise to me considering the competition.  Will see how he does next week.

Deebo Samuel JR WR South Carolina - That entire South Carolina offense has been a disappointment but hard to not be disappointed with Samuel.  Coming off the injury, just not showing that explosive playmaking he did before.  Was so dynamic and athletic, has not done much of that early this year or in this game.  Did get that long TD but that was about it.  I thought he would be far more impactful but again honestly that entire South Carolina offense has been disappointing especially the WRs and the QB of course.  

• 2 weeks later...

Week 6:

*Jachi Polite JR DE/OLB Florida:
Wow what a pass rushing talent he has shown to be the last few games this season, was great in this ball game and a huge part of the success of that defense overall.  So cat quick around the corner, very hard for offensive tackles to deal with.  If he keeps that kind of pass rush potential up he could very well come out for the draft this year and be a 2nd round pick or higher.  I feel he is a 3/4 OLB with that quickness and is a little small for a down DE spot in a 4/3, still really interesting player and having a really standout season I feel.

*Vosean Joseph JR OLB Florida:
Put him on the radar for sure this game, has flashed before but this game he was all over the field making plays.  Super quick and athletic linebacker who could be a fast 3/4 ILB or a normal 4/3 OLB.  Really impressed with him blitzing and in coverage, will see if he can keep this level of play up.  Was awesome in this game a huge win from the program, such an quick playmaker at the position.  

*Lil'Jordan Humphrey JR WR Texas:
Awesome game by him, showed off his great athletic ability and size no doubt.  Very quick kid for his size and has surprising speed as well, did play against a bad OU secondary that struggles against bigger receivers, but still.  Humphrey is a nice looking talent and is showcasing his ability with better QB play this year.  Could be a early entry guy, will see what he decides to do, is easily playing the best ball of his career.  

*Chase Hansen RS SR OLB/S Utah:
Was able to catch a little of his game and yeah he is very impressive as a OLB also.  Similar to what he did as a safety before, just in coverage less.  Really moves well and his coverage though, is above average because of his safety skills.  Quick going after the QB and a good pressing linebacker who is around the line of scrimmage.  Well put together and is a strong kid, has made the transition pretty easily and it might work out for him.  Awesome upside though with his experience in the secondary and being able to play around the line of scrimmage and have good size for the position.  I had him as a late 1st rounder before the year, might fall to the 2nd but still the kid is a great looking player and easily one of the best OLBs in the up coming draft.   

*Jawaan Taylor JR OT/OG Florida:
I have liked the guy for the past two years, is so physically powerful and well put together.  Great to see him playing confidently and with power, must love the new power run offense of Florida and is doing a good job blocking for those guys.  Good feet and very good athlete for his size, has some nasty to him.  Really interesting talent and easily one of the more talented offensive lineman in the country, has a lot of upside I feel.  Could be a great RT in the NFL, could be a early entry guy and I expect him to come out at the end of the season, could be a mid round pick or maybe even a 2nd rounder.    

*Jordan Mason RS FR RB Georgia Tech:
What a physical freak show, very impressive looking RB talent either as a HB, FB or RB.  Physically put together and runs the football aggressive and runs hard.  Really nice looking player and one to watch the rest of this season and beyond.  Could do some great things especially in that Georgia Tech run offense.  

*Chauncey Gardner-Johnson JR S Florida:
I have liked him for awhile, has looked like a NFL prospect since he was a freshman player.  Nice to see him rounding out well and become more of a leader on that team.  Nice quick athlete who can cover in the slot if need be and is a versatile safety, could easily be a early entry guy and maybe a mid round draft pick or higher.  Great game by him though in coverage and tackling in space I though, he moves well on the football field.

*Khaleke Hudson JR OLB Michigan:
Maybe heard what I said about him last week, finally showed up and did something in the pass rush this game.  Got home on the QB a few times and showed some of that quickness and burst he showed last year.  Do wish he was more well rounded and not just a speed pass rusher, should be great in coverage and should be able to make many more tackles than he does.  Hopefully he comes back to school another year and works more on his overall game especially getting off blocks and getting to the ball carrier consistently.

*Antoine Brooks Jr JR OLB/S Maryland:
Mentioned him earlier this year, I love the passion he plays with and the toughness.  Sadly he does not really look like a prospect as a safety which is where I think physically would be ideal.  Is impressive how tough he is a linebacker though and how willing he is to tackling and take on blocks.  Real tough guy out there and is aggressive, will see if he can keep up this level of play the rest of the season.

*Jaquan Johnson SR S Miami FL:
Nice to see him back to form after the injury, and apparently lead the teammates in the locker room with a passionate speech to get them to come out that second half and change that game around.  Is such an athletic playmaker and so quick to the football, sound in pass coverage and impressive as a tackler.  Good looking talent and to me is a 1st rounder all the way, nice to see that kind of leadership out of him as well.

*DeShawn Capers-Smith SR CB/S Texas A&M:
I love his size at corner, is a big kid out there and looks a lot bigger than he is listed.  Very thick and has a good build, could be a standout safety potentially in the NFL with the corner skills he has shown.  Where he has been earlier in his career I have no idea.  Kid is playing good ball now though and could easily be drafted in the up coming draft with his size and coverage ability, interesting talent for sure.  

*Daniel Faalele FR OT Minnesota:
One of the few bright spots for Minnesota in that game on the OL.  Finally got a chance to play after the starter was getting straight up beat by Anthony Nelson.  Faalele was able to hold his own against him and push him around, not easy to do considering Nelson's size.  He did his best play in the run game which there was not a ton of, but can move people no doubt.  Is possibly the largest player in college football I believe, is just massive.  One to watch for, see how he does the rest of the season, pass pro at times will be a struggle against quicker guys, will see if he can still hang at tackle of if he has to be moved to guard.  But that could be an issue with his massive height, the QB could not see a thing in the pocket.  

*Collin Johnson JR WR Texas JR:
Very good game by him again, has such strong hands and fights for the football very well.  Has been playing well this year that is for sure and finally reaching his potentially and getting some balls his way with better QB play.  Is totally a early entry guy I feel, especially if he keeps playing this well.  Has 1st round potential but most likely will be a 2nd round pick, will see what happens.  

*CeeDee Lamb SOPH WR Oklahoma:
I was surprised by just how athletic he actually is especially in this game.  Kind of can easily forget about it with Brown on the other side of him.  But Lamb can go up and get the football and make plays in the air no question.  Has good speed and quickness for sure.  Nice looking player and is easily one of the best WRs in that SOPH class no doubt.  

*Darwin Thompson JR RB Utah State:
Is a lot better athlete than I thought he was, super quick and surprisingly powerful for his size.  His workout numbers they talked about were extremely impressive, and his play on the field has been solid as well without being in a dominating run offense with a great OL blocking for him.  Is one to watch next year as a senior I feel, nice looking talent for sure and interesting prospect.  

*Cody Barton SR OLB Utah:
I need to watch him more but looks like he is a nice athletic ILB potentially in a 3/4 or maybe even a OLB in a 4/3.  I like how aggressive he tackles and how quick he is to react when the ball is in motion.  Nice looking player who brings it when he comes to tackle, see how he does the rest of the year could maybe be a late round pick with that kind of athletic ability.  

*Jamar Watson RS SOPH OLB Kentucky:
Showed a lot more pass rush potential off the edge than I thought he had.  Impressive gave for him especially getting to the QB around the corner.  Good size and athletic ability, nice looking LB prospect and should take over next year after Allen is gone as one of their top pass rushers.  Nice player and one to watch in the future for sure.  

*Jace Sternberger JR TE Texas A&M:
Already mentioned him for a few weeks.  Kid is a potential star TE and moves extremely well on the football field.  Runs good routes and is very hard to deal with in the passing game.  Nice looking talent and possible 2nd or 3rd round pick I think and arguably one of the best TEs in the up coming draft potentially.  Love how well he moves and how athletic he is as a pass catcher, very natural pass catching TE who could do quite well at the next level I feel.  

*Kingsley Keke SR DE/DT Texas A&M:
I need to watch more of him but he looks like a solid 3/4 DE who can get consistent pressure on the QB.  Made more than a few impressive plays I thought and really stood out in that game as a pass rusher.  Good build to him and nice size.  Is one to watch come draft time, especially if he keeps this level of production up, could be a nice blooming prospect for sure playing well at the right time.  

*Rayshard Ashby SOPH ILB Virginia Tech:
I need to watch him more but made some really impressive form tackles in the open field I thought.  Especially considering his size, good tackler and played tough aggressive football.  Is part of a surprisingly disappointing VT defense overall but I guess that can be expected when you lose two top starters in Alexander and Reynolds before the season starts.  Ashby was one of the few linebackers they had who made tough physical plays in that game.  

*Lonnie Johnson Jr SR CB Kentucky:
Looks like he took Westry's starting position, the tall corner and Johnson himself is a tall athletic corner as well.  Impressive game by him, love the size and length obviously but was competitive out there and made some plays.  Will see how he holds up the rest of the year, that entire secondary is crazy experienced for college though, all of them are seniors back there I believe and even the backup who is now Westry is a senior as well.  Is probably a big part of that teams early success so far this season.

*Charles Oliver JR CB Texas A&M:
I need to watch him more no question about it but looked very smooth an natural in coverage.  Liked his footwork and has a good build to him, long and lean.  Will see how he does the rest of the year, decent looking talent and see if he can take up his productive level the more time he gets on the field.  

*Mike Edwards SR S Kentucky:
I like how he plays, has a chance to maybe be a late round pick.  Good game by him, can move around and plays well in the box making tackles.  Does not amaze you with anything but is solid and has been consistent over a long period of time.  Will not make huge plays but does not make a ton of mistakes either, again nice late round safety prospect potentially.

*Michael Divinity Jr. JR OLB LSU:
Showed a lot more pass rush skills than I thought he had.  If he can keep that kind of production up the kid will really increase his draft stock no question about it.  Nice long athletic linebacker who can do a variety of things.  Really good pressure he put on the QB in that game and doing what the team needs, is part of a very solid LB group overall for LSU.

*Jabari Zuniga JR DE Florida:
Is part of a great DE pass rush for Florida, he uses his hands very well and despite not being a huge defensive end he is strong at the point of attack and can get off blockers consistently.  Wish he was a little bigger but he can hold his own for sure and again despite his size could maybe play 4/3 DE in the NFL and that is where he will probably end up.  Has improved off flashing last year and looks good so far.

*Nick Brossette SR RB LSU:
Is a solid back, has done little to nothing before this season but pretty surprising how solid he has been.  Well put together and runs the ball strong.  Has a NFL RB build to him and will get a shot in the later rounds come draft day.  One of a few SR backs who did very little up until this season but now when they get their chance they are making the most of it.  

*Anthony Nelson RS JR DE Iowa:
Had a great game and really got around the edge consistently and got home at the QB more than once.  Nice looking talent for sure especially with his length and overall size for the position.  Should easily be a 2nd or at worst 3rd round draft pick come Draft time.  

*Andrew Beck SR TE Texas:
I was really impressed with his blocking ability in that game, really got after it and was aggressive and effective blocking and holding the edge.  Interesting talent and I always like blocking TEs because they are hard to find.  Would be nice to see him more effective in the pass game but still, the kid as a blocker alone will get a shot in the NFL.  Really improved and love how forceful he is as a blocker.  

*Sam Ehlinger SOPH QB Texas:
Is playing great football and getting the ball into the WRs hands and letting them do work.  He has a lot of weapons in the passing game and finally they have good QB play to get them the football.  Ehlinger was always a tough guy last year and a good leader, has improved a lot in the passing game I feel and puts more touch on his passes and air under them so his receivers can go get it.  One of the better SOPH QBs in the nation no question about it and is key to a big turnaround for the Texas football program this season so far.  

*Jonathan Gavin SOPH DE Miami FL: 
Kid is playing great football, does help going up against that FSU offensive line though, a lot of DLs have looked good against him.  Still Gavin is so long and athletic, is a promising looking edge rusher and could be a big time prospect come 2020, one to watch for and pay attention to no question.

*Brandon Adams JR NT Georgia Tech:
I need to watch him more but wow that is a big kid, very good build and is a big body in the middle no doubt about it.  Shows some athletic ability as well to make plays, will see how he does the rest of the season.  

Others who impressed:

Ihmir Smith-Marsette SOPH WR Iowa  
Trey Dean III FR CB Florida
Tre Watson SR ILB Maryland
David Woodward SOPH ILB Utah State  
DJ Matthews SOPH WR Florida State
Lawrence Cager JR WR Miami FL
Creed Humphrey RS FR C Oklahoma
Riley Moss FR CB Iowa  
Ben Powers SR OG Oklahoma
Marquise Brown JR WR Oklahoma 
Cody Ford RS JR OT Oklahoma  
Ben Mason SOPH FB Michigan
Kenneth Murray SOPH ILB Oklahoma
Austin Seibert SR P Oklahoma

Note: 
Ahmmon Richards Miami FL JR:  Sad day for him, his career is over because of a neck injury he had and it is too dangerous for him to keep playing.  Too bad for him, he had big time potentially especially with the speed he showed at the WR position.  But health is the first thing and at least they caught it early enough before it become a life long medical issue or even worse.

Week 7:

*Darrell Henderson JR RB Memphis: 
Is having a really great year and had an awesome game against a good solid football team.  Has almost matched what he did last season already this year, is just ripping defenses apart.  I love how he is put together, a lot stronger than his weight would suggest, thick kid and has great fundamentals running the football.  Carries it high and tight always and is tough to bring down, makes good quick cuts and is an active player.  Could be shooting up the draft charts and is now on the radar for potentially being a early entry guy if he keeps up this level of play.  Would be nice to see it against a little better competition but still, is playing great football and is easily playing the best he has in his career.  

*Quinnen Williams RS SOPH DE/DT Alabama:
Had a beast of a game I thought, has been around for a little while making plays but has taken it to another level this year.  Very strong in the middle and could play DE in a 3/4 or DT in a 4/3 I feel.  Good ability to get off blocks and play aggressive in the middle, can really hold his own.  As a run defender is great, if he improves more as a pass rusher kid has big time potential and will be just another fine Alabama defensive linemen.  

*Dakota Allen SR LB/OLB Texas Tech:
I liked him a lot last year and looks to be rounding into form again this year.  Love how active he is out there and is surprisingly decent in space, comes to hit when he tackles and is an aggressive strong player.  Could play ILB in a 3/4 or OLB in a 4/3 I feel, is a versatile player I feel who could be a great mid round draft pick.  Kind of surprising to see such a solid Texas Tech linebacker but he is one, nice looking talent and one of the more fundamental tackling linebackers in the up coming draft.  

*Cade Otton RS FR TE Washington:
I love how he moves out there as a TE, one to watch for in the future no question about it.  Such a smooth athlete and really runs well for his big size and frame.  Really nice looking player and could become a star down the road I think, should be getting more and more action as the year goes on even on a Washington team with a solid group of TEs already.  

*Terrence Steele RS JR OT Texas Tech:
I need to watch him more but I was really impressed with how he was put together physically.  Well build and proportioned, good looking athlete for his size as well.  Could be a nice OT at the next level I feel especially with that athletic ability.  Hopefully he comes back for another year as a RS SR next year, could develop into a sound OT prospect, has a lot of potential and upside.  

*Juan Thornhill SR S Virginia:
I need to watch him more but looks like a very solid safety, active in coverage and was great in this game getting two key INTs.  Those plays basically won the game because that offense for Virginia did not do much but did take advantage when they were put in good field position.  Has fine coverage skills as a safety, played some corner before as well, nice looking player.  Again I need to watch him more but could be a interesting safety prospect come draft time, will see.

*Karan Higdon SR RB Michigan:
I love how he ran the football in that game, has been really consistent all year long and makes the OL look good with how good his eyes are as a runner.  Can find the open area and get there, regardless of how it is blocked or supposed to go, very good vision for a back.  Is playing great and had a dominating game and out ran Taylor on Wisconsin I feel.  Nice looking player and is shooting up the draft charts because of his play, is now arguably a 3rd or maybe even 2nd rounder if he keeps playing at this level.  

*Brandon Watson SR CB Michigan:
I need to see more of him but wow he was pretty solid in coverage I thought.  Has not really stood out earlier in his career but stood out in this game.  Will see if he can keep up this level of play, is part of a very solid CB group with him Hill and Long.  Good in the slot and has a good build.  Had some fine coverage across the field a few times, if he keeps this up could easily be a late round draft pick, nice looking talent coming on at the right time.

*Zane Zandier SOPH ILB Virginia:
 I have to watch him more but I was impressed with his quickness and bust he played with.  Nice athletic linebacker who can make plays and is active back there, plays with good energy as well and is part of a solid group that had a great game.  One to watch in the future, tough kid who can hit hard as well and brings aggression to the game.

*Antoine Wesley JR WR Texas Tech:  
I have to watch him more but wow seems to be a really impressive long athlete.  Huge size and has great agility and solid route running ability for a man his size.  Decent speed as well, really promising looking WR.  Is a key to that offense for sure because they do not have great QB play but getting the ball to him makes things happen offensively.  Good looking talent need to watch out for him.

*Duke Shelley SR CB Kansas State:
Awesome game by him, brought him up earlier in this year and the kid is a competitive baller out there.  Very good reaction skills and overall ball skills in coverage.  Made some great interceptions in this game and played well in zone coverage as well reacting to the football when thrown.  Not a huge kid but should get a shot as a slot corner at the next level I feel, decent prospect having a fine year.

*Clayton Thorson SR QB Northwestern:
Is playing really well I think especially as a pure pocket passer.  Is being productive without amazing WRs to throw to our a running game to help him.  He is one of the more solid QBs I feel in the up coming draft in terms of size, consistency and general fundamental play.  Could be a great pickup in the 2nd to 4th round range potentially with what he has shown.  Nice looking prospect and had one heck of a comeback against Nebraska no doubt about it.  

*Blake Cashman SR OLB Minnesota:
One of the few bright spots on D for Minnesota, was great against Ohio State and was all over the field making tackles in space.  Impressive play by him and already brought him up earlier this year.   Good looking athlete, looked like a star LB as a SOPH, dipped last year but is back for form this season I feel.  Should be a mid round draft pick possibly with how well he has played this year.  Could be an athletic coverage type ILB in a 3/4 or a OLB in a 4/3.  Really promising looking LB who is having a great year.

*Taylor Rapp JR S Washington:
Kid is a star safety and could easily be a 1st rounder maybe come draft time if he comes out.  Can play a variety of positions, has great ball skills and has been good from his freshman year on.  Really elite safety talent I feel with big time upside.  Can do it all back there and is really interesting with his coverage ability and natural feel for the game.  Big time talent and one of the best safeties in the nation no question.

*Elijah Holyfield JR RB Georgia:
Loved the toughness he ran the football with, showed some big time power and grit in this game I think.  Sadly he is not showcased because they rotate so many different backs in an out.  But was key in that game at times and really showed some surprisingly athletic ability and toughness running the ball.  Just ran threw a defender at one point, rising up the JR RB rankings that is for sure.

*Joe Burrow RS JR QB LSU:
Really great play by him and is a huge reason why LSU has become one of the nations elite programs again.  Love his size and willingness to keep his eyes down field and makes plays.  Is not effective by pressure that much and is a tough kid.  Has good arm strength and does not get rattled easily back there.  Promising looking player and made a great switch going to LSU for Ohio State.  Showing what he can do no question and will be very exciting to see how much more he can develop potentially as a RS SR next year.   

*Byron Murphy SOPH CB Washington:
Wonderful corner and is one of the best if not the best true SOPH CB in the nation.  His ball skills are outstanding and how he reacts to the football in the air is very smooth and well thought out.  Is a decent tackler in space but is best in coverage, he is so comfortable back there and knows how to get his hands on the football and breakup routes.  Really sound looking prospect part of one of the best secondaries in the nation no question about it.  

*Jojo McIntosh RS SR S Washington:
Is pretty easy to forget about him, does not make a ton of plays on the football and makes a few big hits at times but not a ton of tackles.  Still the kid is a very consistent solid tackler and is consistent overall.  Has played a ton of football and is an interesting talent.  Could be a great late round pickup I feel, really like his ability to aggressively tackle, is not a wow athlete but a solid player with some upside and a great deal of smarts to him.  

*Charles Snowden SOPH OLB Virginia:
I liked him last year, absolutely love his length and size at linebacker.  Very promising talent with a ton of upside and potential because of that size and wing span matched with his athletic ability.  I need to watch him more but he had a good game against a fine Miami team.  Long kid and made plays out there, will see how he does the rest of the year.

*Jon Runyan RS JR OT Michigan:
Was very improved from the first game of the year for Michigan, was a lot more stable overall and not such an issues in pass protection.  Nice to see him playing better as well as that offensive line in general.  I think he is more of a guard long term but good he still has time to develop without another year next season potentially.  Has a good build and a great bloodline of course, will see if he can keep developing.  

*Tyre McCants RS SR WR USF:
I really liked him last year, is such an interesting talent at his size with his ability to play WR.  Is a matchup issue and could maybe be a beast HB/TE type or maybe even a RB with awesome pass catching skills at the next level.  Sure a unique talent, is a prospect who will be drafted I feel.  Rare no doubt and had a good game showcasing some of his impressive speed and big play ability at his large WR size despite not being a very tall player.  

*Flynn Nagel SR WR Northwestern:
I need to watch him more but the kid seemed always open in that game and just ran by defensive backs.  Made them look very bad more than once, has great conditioning as a WR and has really broke out this year and played some big time ball.  Having crazy productive games and is a solid route runner with good consistent hands.  Could be a late round draft pick maybe if he keeps this play up, coming on strong for sure as a senior.  

*Christian Miller RS SR OLB Alabama:
Very nice to see him back healthy and staying healthy for a long period of time.  So far this year he has been back to his old self, a little stronger at the point of attack and in this game got good consistent pressure on the QB more than once.  Has a nice build to him and is a fine 3/4 OLB prospect.  Not a great athlete but is strong and can get pressure off the edge for sure, will see if he can keep this up and continue to stay healthy and active on the field the rest of the year.  

*Luke Gifford RS SR OLB Nebraska:
Brought him up already this season, had another great game with some dominating pass rush plays at times.  Was one of the few Nebraska defenders able to get a good solid pass rush a majority of the game.  Plays with good solid effort and is surprisingly strong for his size.  Nice 3/4 OLB prospect I feel who is playing his way into maybe being a late round pick.  Will see if he can keep this level of play up.  

*Clyde Edwards-Helaire SOPH RB LSU:
Wow what a game by him, a little bowling ball of a RB it looks like.  Good leg drive and leg power overall.  Hard to bring down and plays with good burst and explosive ability.  One to watch in the future, is having a real breakout season for sure on LSU and this game he was big time and their best RB.  Love his low to the ground build and power he can bring from that, nice looking prospect.

*Drew Sample RS SR TE Washington:
I have always liked his size for the position, good productive pass catcher at times as well.  But his blocking ability has really improved over the years, is solid and can stay on his block and drive them back.  In terms of a true two way talent being able to catch the ball and block he is easily one of the best TEs in the up coming draft in that regard.  Good solid player that teams will be interested in because of his skill set.  

*Joe Milton FR QB Michigan: 
Where do they keep getting these guys from?  Another big tall athletic QB who is 6-4+, had some good runs in this game.  Will be curious what happens to Peters, hopefully he transfers because no way he gets playing time with three decent QBs potentially ahead of him.  Not to mention Jeff George's kid, why in the world he transferred to Michigan his last year I have no idea, unless it was all academic related.  

*Chase Winovich RS SR DE Michigan:
Just love the energy he plays the game with, very intense player that plays with great passion.  I love how he wanted them to run the ball on his side and has improved that part of his game so much, a lot stronger against the run and is not only just a pass rush guy now.  Good looking player and is working his way into maybe becoming a 2nd or 3rd round pick I think, solid play so far this year by him.

*Jake Browning SR QB Washington:
Kid is super competitive and a great leader out there, could be an awesome backup in the NFL for a very long time potentially.  Smart and has been really consistent and surprisingly durable over a very long period of time.  Sure he is not huge but there are many QBs in the NFL having success that are not the typical huge dudes like it used to be.  Love Browning's competitive nature though, really tough kid mentally.

*Jared Hilbers JR OT Washington:
I need to watch him more but he looks very solid out there at OT.  Good hand use and feet, has some power to him as well.  The Washington OL has not missed Adams much because he has came in and done so well.  Should be a really interesting prospect come next season and has a decent amount of upside as well I feel.   

Others who impressed

Jordon Scott SOPH NT Oregon 
Riley Ridley JR WR Georgia
Jake Ferguson RS FR TE Wisconsin 
Isaiah Wilson SOPH OT Georgia  
Kyle Shurmur SR QB Vandy  
John Tate IV RS SOPH DT Memphis
Jared Pinkney JR TE Vandy
KJ Hill JR WR Ohio State  
Irv Smith Jr JR TE Alabama  

Disappointed-

Drew Lock SR QB Missouri  - Did not play well at all against Alabama, huge game for him personally in terms of his ability as a prospect.  Just did not look good, stared down receivers and did not make that many plays in the passing game.  Has a good arm but lacked a lot of pocket fundamentals and overall leadership as well I thought.  Did not have a good showing that is for sure and has kind of disappointed of late.  Coming into the year thought he would be a 1st rounder, now I am thinking twice about that, might fall to the 2nd round of farther if he keeps playing like this.

Jake Fromm SOPH QB Georgia  - Did not impress and just might not have that great upside for an elite NFL QB prospect.  Is solid sure and can do some things yes but he is limited in what he can do, without a great run game and weapons to throw to now sure how successful he would be.   Still a decent player but did not impress on the road in that game and showed some of his limitations in terms of arm strength and ability to move around outside the pocket.

Justin Herbert JR QB Oregon JR - Sure they won the game but I was not greatly impressed with his play against a NFL style defense in Washington.  Was not decisive with the football, seemed uncomfortable once the throwing windows got smaller with better coverage against him.  Is still a talented player but was not a wow game for him against probably the best defense he will face all season and being at home.  

Malik Rosier RS SR QB Miami FL - Thought he would maybe be a very late round prospect but with how he has played this year I doubt he will be drafted at all.  Maybe a UDFA but that is a stretch.  As a senior is barely even starting if playing at all and when he is in there does not that much special.  Sure makes some plays but is not showing the limited potential he hinted at least year, thought his arm would be a lot stronger than it is.  

Notes: Khalil Tate - Kind of has been disappointing this year I think, was such a dynamic player last year and his running ability was wildly impressive.  Now does little to any running, sure his passing has improved but long term I do not think he has much of a future at QB.  I thought as an athlete he was impressive, potential position change at the next level.  Sure surprised he has not shown more of that athletic ability on the field, and now he is injured again which is not good either.

Nick Bosa leaving Ohio State, it makes sense I guess and if he would have never really played again anyways no big deal.  That does completely change that team and makes them a completely different team and defensive line in general.  Big loss for them, still should be easily a top 2 pick in the draft even without playing the rest of this season.

Always enjoy reading your updates. 

If you get a chance to watch Wake Forest, tell me what you think about their C and LG (But their C, Ryan Anderson, in particular) 

Darrell Henderson bandwagon is starting to fill up. He's going to do really well at the combine too, and then the hype will be enough to vault him into the round 1 conversation. I'd have no problem with the Eagles taking him at pick 32.

I enjoy watching Holyfield too. He's gonna be good. Looks better than Swift as of now.

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Always enjoy reading your updates. 

If you get a chance to watch Wake Forest, tell me what you think about their C and LG (But their C, Ryan Anderson, in particular) 

Darrell Henderson bandwagon is starting to fill up. He's going to do really well at the combine too, and then the hype will be enough to vault him into the round 1 conversation. I'd have no problem with the Eagles taking him at pick 32.

I enjoy watching Holyfield too. He's gonna be good. Looks better than Swift as of now.

Cade Carney and Colburn on Wake impressed me running the ball against BC, but have not done as much later on especially Colburn.  But behind any good run game is a good OL so for sure I will have to check out Ryan Anderson later on this year, just on size I alone he is very interesting, I always like bigger taller centers.  

Henderson is an elite talent I agree and could be a fringe 1st round prospect by the end of the season maybe.  Will be very interesting how he does against Missouri later this week.  Has such a solid build to him and that kind of production is hard to not be impressed with.  Has played some crap defenses though but still that kind of production is really impressive.

Swift is a better all around back than Holyfield and is a better athlete, but liked the toughness Holyfield showed in that game and will see if he can keep that up.  Swift is a more dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands in space though.  Oddly enough Georgia like Bama, no back can really succeed at a high level because they rotate so many, hard to get a good look when you only get 20-30% of the carries on the team compared to a guy getting 60-70% of the carries.  

On 9/17/2018 at 6:13 PM, Ozzy said:

Arguably the best game I have seen him play, such blazing speed and made some insane catches one almost completely over his shoulder as well.  Really got behind the defense and made things happen.  Nice looking player and makes them not really miss Richards out there that is for sure.  Thomas is arguably a faster player and is pretty quick as well, nice looking pass catching weapon.  

I don't think he's arguably faster. Thomas is a freaking BLAZER. Richards hasn't really impressed me all that much to be honest.

Archived