Coaches Poll / AP Poll / Playoff Rankings

WeaponX

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think USC will be considerably better offensively. Both teams have some questions surrounding their offensive lines though.

USC has a pretty good front 7  themselves and a more experienced secondary. I mean your guys constant ability to pump out talented secondary players has to eventually slow down, right?

I don't think tOSU OL will have that many questions. 4returning starters with a new RG. Center and LT both have 1st rd potential. They should run all over ppl this year. 

USC should have a good front 7 but to me this might be one of the best front 7s tOSU has ever had, scary part is '18 and '19 might top this year. 

Yeah with tOSU they don't rebuild their secondary, just reload it. The front 7 should really help out any growing pains but the projected starters all have experience playing. 

Biggest question mark is what the offense will look like under Wilson. tOSU fans just know it won't look worse than under Beck and Warnar. 

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don't think tOSU OL will have that many questions. 4returning starters with a new RG. Center and LT both have 1st rd potential. They should run all over ppl this year. 

USC should have a good front 7 but to me this might be one of the best front 7s tOSU has ever had, scary part is '18 and '19 might top this year. 

Yeah with tOSU they don't rebuild their secondary, just reload it. The front 7 should really help out any growing pains but the projected starters all have experience playing. 

Biggest question mark is what the offense will look like under Wilson. tOSU fans just know it won't look worse than under Beck and Warnar. 

That's the only reason I think Ohio State at #2 right now is too high.  I would take the overall USC squad with a for sure good offense and defense over Ohio State who will have a good defense, but the offense is still a question mark.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:27 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's not a problem.

I was just trying to gauge if people on here believe that to be the case.

If Barrett can throw the ball, OSU can compete w/ anyone in the country. The problem is if they fall behind and have to rely on JT's arm, there is a big problem.

I think Bama should be #1 based on past performance if nothing else. They lose a chunk of guys on defense, but their talented replacements will gel over time. If they can get development out of Hurts they are a definite favorite. I think OSUs chances of contending with them hinge on JT and the offense becoming two dimensional under a new coordinator. He has to step his game up, it's that simple. 

FSU and USC are next in line to me. FSU gets an early chance to show what they have against Bama. Contender/pretender chance for them.  I'm not huge on Clemson or UM this year with what they lost from last year. PSU and OU are total unknowns to me.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:
On 8/4/2017 at 1:15 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ohio State and Florida State better than USC?

Yep!

I definitely could see the argument for FSU as I like them on both sides of the ball, but don't see it for OSU, since I don't believe in their offense.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

If Barrett can throw the ball, OSU can compete w/ anyone in the country. The problem is if they fall behind and have to rely on JT's arm, there is a big problem.

That's the thing. I don't like JT and am not sure how good  their skill position guys are.

All I know is you have Weber who while not explosive is a good back and gets the job done.

And, I've heard hype around Paris Campbell as Curtis Samuel's replacement.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:06 AM, buno67 said:

I remember your RT being fairly poor last year, but its good you have continuity. That is the one thing I worry about with USC's o-line. I think the talent is there, but things are kind of up in the air as they try and find who starts where.

That is a good point about getting a new offensive coordinator. I forgot all about that.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I remember your RT being fairly poor last year, but its good you have continuity. That is the one thing I worry about with USC's o-line. I think the talent is there, but things are kind of up in the air as they try and find who starts where.

That is a good point about getting a new offensive coordinator. I forgot all about that.

YEah Prince struggled at times last year but a lot of his issues IMO came from JT Barrett holding onto the ball way too long. I have also read a lot of reports from the spring and from camp so far that have discussed how much he has improved. I also being under the OL coach for a full year now will help him and other

Archived