Mock Offeason/draft.

SimbaWho

Signings:

-          Lions sign TE Brent Celek to a to a 2 year deal worth 3.5 million dollars, 1.25 million dollar signing bonus, 1.125 million dollar salary.

-          Lions sign OG/C Joe Berger to a 1 year deal worth 2.5 million dollars, 1 million dollar signing bonus, 1.5 million dollar salary.

-          Lions sign WR Terrell Pyror to a 1 year deal worth 2 million dollars, 750k dollar signing bonus, 1.25 million dollar salary.

-      Lions sign DT Alan Branch to the league veteran minimum.

Trade:

-          Lions trade their 1st round pick, 2019 3rd round pick, WR Golden Tate, RB Ameer Abdullah, and DE Anthony Zettel.

-     Giants trade WR Odell Beckham, and their 1st round pick in 2019

Draft:

2nd- Hayden Hurst, TE. South Carolina. ( 6’4, 250lbs. )

3rd- Rashaad Penny, RB. San Diego State. ( 5’11, 220lbs. )

4th- Frank Ragnow, C/OG. Arkansas. ( 6’5, 310lbs. )

5th- Kemoko Turay, DE. Rutgers. ( 6’5, 255lbs. )

Roster:

Offense:

OT: Ricky Wagner, Corey Robinson

OG: T.J. Lang, *Kenny Wiggins
OC: Graham Glasgow, Frank Ragnow
OG: *Joe Berger*, Joe Dahl

OT: Taylor Decker, Brian Mihalik

TE: Hayden Hurst, *Brent Celek*, *Luke Wilson*, Michael Roberts

WR: *Odell Beckham*, Marvin Jones, Kenny Golladay, *Terrell Pyror*, *TJ Jones*

RB: Rashaad Penny, *LeGarrette Blount*, Theo Riddick, Tion Green
QB: Matt Stafford, Jake Ruddock

Defense:

DE: A’Shawn Robinson, Akeem Spence, Jeremiah Ledbetter

NT: *Sylvester Williams*, *Alan Branch*
DE: Cornelius Washington, *Kerry Hyder*

OLB: *Ziggy Ansah*, Kemoko Turay

ILB: *Christian Jones*, Jalen Reeves-Maybin

ILB: Jarrad Davis, *Nick Bellore*
OLB: *Devon Kennard*, Steve Longa

DE: *Ziggy Ansah*, Kemoko Turay

DT: A’Shawn Robinson, Jeremiah Ledbetter

DT: *Sylvester Williams*, Akeem Spence, *Alan Branch*
DE: *Kerry Hyder*, Cornelius Washington

OLB: *Christian Jones*, Jalen Reeves-Maybin

MLB: Jarrad Davis, *Nick Bellore*
OLB: *Devon Kennard*, Steve Longa

CB: Darius Slay, *DeShawn Shead*, Jamal Agnew

S: Glover Quinn, Miles Killebrew

S: Quandre Diggs, *Tavon Wilson*

CB: *Nevin Lawson*, Teez Tabor, Charles Washington

Special Teams:

K: Matt Pratter
P: Sam Martin
LS: *Don Mulbach*

KR/PR: Jamal Agnew

3 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Trade:

-          Lions trade their 1st round pick, 2019 3rd round pick, WR Golden Tate, RB Ameer Abdullah, and DE Anthony Zettel.

-     Giants trade WR Odell Beckham, and their 1st round pick in 2019

This made me throw up a little. I hate the idea of paying a WR as much money as Beckham is going to demand. We did it with Calvin, who wasn't nearly the diva and it cost us Suh IMO. With it also costing us two players that I like (Tate and Zettel) it opens another hole on the roster and we lose our 1st round pick that could be used to fill that hole. 

IMO bad trade for the short term and the long term.

58 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

This made me throw up a little. I hate the idea of paying a WR as much money as Beckham is going to demand. We did it with Calvin, who wasn't nearly the diva and it cost us Suh IMO. With it also costing us two players that I like (Tate and Zettel) it opens another hole on the roster and we lose our 1st round pick that could be used to fill that hole. 

IMO bad trade for the short term and the long term.

Suh cost us Suh we offered him almost the same money as the Dolphins. I believe it was like 17 million a year or something vs the 19 annual average he signed with the Dolphins.

I can understand still not waiting to pay OBJ and can respect that I guess. I think he's really talented and prolly the 3rd best WR in the game and idk, I just think he's really good.

36 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I would get down with this if I was playing Madden. 

I do like the players you selected in the draft in all seriousness though. 

C'mon man why does it gotta be Madden, there have been a TON of trades this offseason... An the team I'm trading with just moved on from their best defensive player. ( Though that move did free up money for the Giants to resign Beckham. ) I mean I get it's fake, but really? that fake fake to think OBJ can't be traded?

16 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Suh cost us Suh we offered him almost the same money as the Dolphins. I believe it was like 17 million a year or something vs the 19 annual average he signed with the Dolphins.

With Suh's Calvin's and Stafford's contracts we constantly had to restructure everyone contract. That restructuring made it impossible to franchise tag Suh before he hit free agency.

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

C'mon man why does it gotta be Madden, there have been a TON of trades this offseason... An the team I'm trading with just moved on from their best defensive player. ( Though that move did free up money for the Giants to resign Beckham. ) I mean I get it's fake, but really? that fake fake to think OBJ can't be traded?

There best Defensive player????? Noob....and he doesn't fit the transition to 3-4 which they are making. They are going to keep OBJ LMAO

Heard of Landon Collins?

There's a lot about this that I'm not fond of.

OBJ: He's a great player but comes with a lot of negatives. 1) Diva attitude 2) Big money contract 3) Doesn't actually address problems in W/L column in 2017-2018. Our receiving corp was not our issue. Running the ball - whether it was on offense or stopping it on defense, clearly was. Unless OBJ morphs into Aaron Donald or Todd Gurley, this doesn't really help that much

Cost of the trade: We are giving up a 1st round pick in an era where the contracts are manageable plus losing a mid-round pick next year, one of our best players (Tate) and opening up another need (Zettel) while losing a productive player.

FA: Likely done before Pryor was signed but he's off the market now. We just signed Luke Wilson and now you have Celek coming in plus Roberts and Valles. This is before drafting a TE with our 2nd round pick. I get it that Wilson and Celek are stopgaps but it seems like a heavy investment. Branch at the minimum is a good signing but seems unlikely.

Draft: Outside of Hurst, it could be worse.

Overall, this falls vastly outside of what I think the Lions are expected to do as an organization. While watching Stafford throw it up to OBJ would be fun to see, everything else that comes with it is not worth it at all.

This is pretty whacked. It’s like getting carried away at a game of wack a mole. ?

But, I really like aspects of it. The free agent signings are good but if Celek is signed I would find the second round pick on Hurst to be a luxury. It’s a luxury I understand if you’re modelling after a particular Patriots team. 

The draft is good.

I like OBJ but the cost is steep.

It’s  a really good effort.

If you want to get Crazy, offer Cleveland our 20th, Ameer Abdullah & Tate for there 1st 2 picks in the 2nd round (#33 & #35 ) & their 3rd. Cleveland will probably get their QB & RB with pick 1 & 4, now they will need to fill the void of losing Thomas to retirement. Tate will be the prize, giving there QB a top notch target. Freeing up the 2 salaries, gives us more cap space to work with after the Draft. Usually some top rated talent gets released after the draft. 

Archived