2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Charles Robinson reporting that scouts view Mayfield as a fit for the Browns and this:

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/4-reasons-qb-baker-mayfield-play-browns-no-1-draft-pick-225648068.html?__twitter_impression=true

I called this before when I was explaining why it was important for Baker to have a good game vs UGA. That game killed doubts and his confidence can uplift a dead Browns culture if he performs well. Putting him at play for #1 pushes Rosen & Darnold to 2 & 3. We should be able to get the #3 spot at least.

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I called this before when I was explaining why it was important for Baker to have a good game vs UGA. That game killed doubts and his confidence can uplift a dead Browns culture if he performs well. Putting him at play for #1 pushes Rosen & Darnold to 2 & 3. We should be able to get the #3 spot at least.

Right now, Baker and Allen are getting more hype than Rosen and Darnold. Wouldn't be shocked if they went 1/2, we trade up for Rosen at 3, Darnold goes at 5 to Denver assuming Cousins doesn't go to any of these teams. 

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Right now, Baker and Allen are getting more hype than Rosen and Darnold. Wouldn't be shocked if they went 1/2, we trade up for Rosen at 3, Darnold goes at 5 to Denver assuming Cousins doesn't go to any of these teams. 

In the average draft, I could see Allen going top 3. Not in this one. Baker, jackson, Darnold and Rosen are in the mix and have out performed him. I still like Allen if we were to pick up Bradford, Smith or Taylor but he doesn't fit what we need right now. We need someone that can be ready this season. So I would be really shocked if Allen was picked that early. I like Allen.

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

In the average draft, I could see Allen going top 3. Not in this one. Baker, jackson, Darnold and Rosen are in the mix and have out performed him. I still like Allen if we were to pick up Bradford, Smith or Taylor but he doesn't fit what we need right now. We need someone that can be ready this season. So I would be really shocked if Allen was picked that early. I like Allen.

Matt Miller called him a top 2 lock at this point so we'll see. Scouts thinks his consistency is his Achilles heel holding him back from being a "perfect" prospect. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Matt Miller called him a top 2 lock at this point so we'll see. Scouts thinks his consistency is his Achilles heel holding him back from being a "perfect" prospect. 

I'm willing to bet against it, but you're right. we'll see. I do think he's going to be a great QB, but I can make the same argument for the whole top 5.  If there was a team he does make sense for is the Giants, but they can trade back with us to get him. I'd love that and I'm sure the Giants would love the extra picks.

43 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

They're getting more hyped bc they're at the senior bowl. Come on man. That's obvious. You're better than that.

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They're getting more hyped bc they're at the senior bowl. Come on man. That's obvious. You're better than that.

It's not just the senior bowl bud. Allen was getting the hype prior to this. Has been for weeks. The Mayfield to Browns hype also happened a few weeks ago. Now, multiple media outlets are reporting it at the senior bowl. 

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

It's not just the senior bowl bud. Allen was getting the hype prior to this. Has been for weeks. The Mayfield to Browns hype also happened a few weeks ago. Now, multiple media outlets are reporting it at the senior bowl. 

Might as well move Faulk ahead of Rosen and Darnold than too bc he’s getting hyped this week as well. Let’s move Hamilton ahead of Ridley at WR too. OO ahead of Chubb. It’s the senior bowl of course guys are getting praised. Underclassmen can’t improve or hurt there stock this week to change anything.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Might as well move Faulk ahead of Rosen and Darnold than too bc he’s getting hyped this week as well. Let’s move Hamilton ahead of Ridley at WR too. OO ahead of Chubb. It’s the senior bowl of course guys are getting praised. Underclassmen can’t improve or hurt there stock this week to change anything.

LOL, that's not what I'm getting at and you know it bud.  Again, the Allen hype and the Dorsey loving Mayfield hype was reported prior to this week. Now multiple media outlets are reporting it. 

45 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

LOL, that's not what I'm getting at and you know it bud.  Again, the Allen hype and the Dorsey loving Mayfield hype was reported prior to this week. Now multiple media outlets are reporting it. 

I think we all generally know that Rosen and Darnold will bypass these 2 once they can showcase there skills. Hence why I say it’s only bc they’re at the senior bowl.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we all generally know that Rosen and Darnold will bypass these 2 once they can showcase there skills. Hence why I say it’s only bc they’re at the senior bowl.

Not necessarily. The Josh Allen hype has been insane (why, I have no idea). 

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think for the most part people start to come reality over time. Hack was a lock to go top 5 at a point. Even Petty was in the 1st Round conversation at a point. But once everything happens, everyone throws and all... I think at the end of the day Allen is no higher than 4th on peoples list. Mayfield is a different story. I don’t see him going #1, but I could see him going as the 2nd or 3rd QB. 

5 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

It is his physical tools.  6-5, has the best arm strength in this class and can run.  This time of year scouts to FO to coaches can become enamored with the measurables.  They convince themselves and the organization that with a little "coaching up" the "ugly" stuff will be fixed.  The game tape seems to fade away.  I will not be shocked if Allen is drafted either by the Browns or Giants.  Not saying that would be my pick if I was the decision maker of either team but I can see how this could happen. 

Lamar Jackson is so electric. He might not be a day 1 starter, but he won't need 2 years to adapt. 

My first round favorites are Rosen, Darnold, Baker, Jackson, J.Allen(only if we sign a good vet), R.Smith, Davenport, Nelson, Barkley, McGlinchey, Hernandez, Vea, and Josh Jackson. No order and depends on what we do before the draft. R.Smith is my favorite defensive player in this draft. 

Archived