2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

14 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Right now, Baker and Allen are getting more hype than Rosen and Darnold. Wouldn't be shocked if they went 1/2, we trade up for Rosen at 3, Darnold goes at 5 to Denver assuming Cousins doesn't go to any of these teams. 

Naah, that's just because Senior Bowl hype

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think for the most part people start to come reality over time. Hack was a lock to go top 5 at a point. Even Petty was in the 1st Round conversation at a point. But once everything happens, everyone throws and all... I think at the end of the day Allen is no higher than 4th on peoples list. Mayfield is a different story. I don’t see him going #1, but I could see him going as the 2nd or 3rd QB. 

Hack was a lock early in the season. At this point in 2016, Hack was nowhere near 1st round conversation.  Lynch was the consensus number 1 and Goff was 2. That all changed just like Rosen and Darnold can change. 

I liked what I saw from Allen at the senior bowl a lot, not saying I'd be totally comfortable with him at 6 but he had some really nice throws especially on his TD pass.

Jaylen Samuels is intriguing too is he a FB or RB because he has some solid receiving skills, might be a nice option in the 4/5 if we're looking for a nice pass catching back.

Allen just confirmed my suspicions.  He has to clam down and make all throws. He had connected with two TEs. Nice.

White is a pretty qb but he needs to deliver faster.  Study Peyton Manning for that part.

Lauletta impressed me with his quick release and strong zap but he was still weak on deep bomb.  Chalk had to brake on his route for Lauletta's thrown ball to reach him.  Extra practice with ball trajectory can turn deep bomb into long zap.  WR,RB and TE with RAC ability will be helpful for Jets if they roll the dices with Lauletta.

Benkert needs to stay loose.  Set too quick and then broke down into chaos.  One nice play in chao was that amazing throw to Penny.

Lee needs a miracle to be tamed.

I looked back to 2015 senior bowl. Bryce Petty scouting report was exactly what we had witnessed for Jets.  Incredible, isn't it?  However, it is hardly a bad pick for Maccagnan.  2 JR qbs were taken entering the top 5. No qb until 3rd round (Grayson and Mannion). Petty went in 4th as Siemian was taken in 7th.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/01/24/nfl-draft-hey-new-england-patriots-weve-found-tom-bradys-successor-here-at-the-senior-bowl/ag96z6l/

If you already read cbssport article on Kyle Lauletta and Bill Belicheck then use control-F and type skill-wise. Read from that. It is kind of silly humor.

Anyway, I don't think Patriots will only one that interest Lauletta.  Saints can be pressured to take him by Belle Chasse residents. lol.

Still, I can't find any information about Jets talking with Lauletta.  According to Walter's, there was no Jets action in South. Interesting.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/01/24/nfl-draft-hey-new-england-patriots-weve-found-tom-bradys-successor-here-at-the-senior-bowl/ag96z6l/

If you already read cbssport article on Kyle Lauletta and Bill Belicheck then use control-F and type skill-wise. Read from that. It is kind of silly humor.

Anyway, I don't think Patriots will only one that interest Lauletta.  Saints can be pressured to take him by Belle Chasse residents. lol.

Still, I can't find any information about Jets talking with Lauletta.  According to Walter's, there was no Jets action in South. Interesting.

I think we go for a QB at 6, trade up or don’t use any pick of value at QB. ( Assuming we don’t get 1 in FA). Can’t keep using valuable picks on these projects.

Found my RB I love in this years class (I loved Kamara and Hunt last year and Drake and Collins in 2016)...

Ronald Jones II

Love this guy after watching a ton on him now. Not sure if we’d have to use the 37th pick on him, Bc he might be there at 49. I actually see a lot of Kamara in his game. If we really liked Kamara last draft we will more than likely really like Jones II.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Found my RB I love in this years class (I loved Kamara and Hunt last year and Drake and Collins in 2016)...

Ronald Jones II

Love this guy after watching a ton on him now. Not sure if we’d have to use the 37th pick on him, Bc he might be there at 49. I actually see a lot of Kamara in his game. If we really liked Kamara last draft we will more than likely really like Jones II.

Reminds me of Melvin Gordon with better vision. Would love to snag him in the 2nd

Watching more and more Mayfield to try and get past his arogant personality. Just so you guys don’t think I don’t like the guy and have my feet dig in the ground on him. I’m trying to like him, I really am.

I’ll add that I have watched a ton of Mayfield love. Living in Texas obviously I watch a ton of Big 12 football and my sis and ton of friends are OU alum so I’ve seen a lot of him. Just trying to dig deeper into his game and how it will transfer over to the NFL.

Archived