Draft Risers/Fallers

AkronsWitness

Who is going to be the player in this draft that falls and who is going to be a guy who gets taken much earlier than anticipated? Last year it was Johnathan Allen who everbody had as a top 3-5 lock. He slid to 17 along with Reuben Foster/Marshon Lattimore who also went much lower than anticipated. Christian McCaffrey/Hassan Reddick were projected to go late 1st for most of the year and ended up at #8/#13 respectively.

I think this year Mincah Fitzpatrick will be that guy who falls mostly because nobody really knows what his natural position is or if hes even capable of playing outside CB. Ill make a bold prediction and say that Fitzpatrick slides out of the top 12. Lamar Jackson is another that I can see falling out of the 1st round in general with teams being so skeptical at the next level.

As far as somebody who most think will be overdrafted or go far earlier than expected---I think that will be Harold Landry and Mike Hughes. Landry could sneak into the top 12 just from need at pass rusher for teams and I could see Hughes be taken higher than Josh Jackson in the top 15.

Sooooo. I have

Faller- Mincah Fitzpatrick- Outside top 12

Faller- Lamar Jackson- Outside 1st round

Riser- Harold Landry- Top 12

Riser- Mike Hughes- Top 15

What are your guesses?

I can see Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey and Kolton Miller going top 20ish, which will push some talent down. Because Roquon does not do especially well in the wash somewhat due to size but also playing style, I could see him falling to 20ish. I can see Josh Jackson slipping below Isaiah Oliver, Jaire Alexander and Carlton Davis on draft day. He may make it to 33. I can see Nick Chubb falling to the early third because of injuries. I see Orlando Brown falling to the fourth round, fair or not. Josh Sweat's combine probably guarantees he goes high due to his pass rush potential. Due to the varied skill sets of the wide receivers in this draft and the fact that receivers have been going fairly high, I can see them going wide receiver in the second round even though many similarly rated receivers will be there in the third. I'd rather grab the cream of the crop or else wait till later for this reason.

Rise

Connor/Mcglinchey/Kolton M

Josh Sweat

Tier 2 WRs

Fall

Roquon

Josh Jackson

Nick Chubb

ORLANDO

One or two centers

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Denzel Ward will be a top 5 pick.

I unfortunately think Saquon falls out of the top 5.

I dont know if he will have a Johnathan Allen type fall, but I think the opposite with Ward. I can see him falling out of the top 10 like Lattimore last year and get taken in the 10-13 range. I think his size will be a factor in that with his physical limitations and the rise of other guys like Hughes.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont know if he will have a Johnathan Allen type fall, but I think the opposite with Ward. I can see him falling out of the top 10 like Lattimore last year and get taken in the 10-13 range. I think his size will be a factor in that with his physical limitations and the rise of other guys like Hughes.

Literally no one cares what you think of Denzel Ward after that laughably horrific hot take about zone defense and struggling with man/press man hot take that you cut and paste from some two bit hack site.

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Literally no one cares what you think of Denzel Ward after that laughably horrific hot take about zone defense and struggling with man/press man hot take that you cut and paste from some two bit hack site.

That 2-bit hack site was NFL.com written by Lance Zierlein. Try again buddy. Do you not regurgitate and shape your opinions on players from what you read by people who get paid to do the research and know more than you do? or do you just form your own opinion on every player the Browns could take by watching Youtube highlight reels.

26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That 2-bit hack site was NFL.com written by Lance Zierlein.

Like I said, 2 bit hack.

Try again buddy.

I'm not your buddy. Go back to the Denver forum.

Do you not regurgitate and shape your opinions on players from what you read by people who get paid to do the research and know more than you do?

No. I actually have a life outside of reading pointless drivel. I go by what I see on Saturday afternoons and evenings during the fall. I'm right a lot. I'm wrong a lot. I don't pretend to be a paid NFL expert, but I have seen every game that Denzel Ward has played, being that he's an OSU guy and ALL they run is man, press man, and quarters. That hot take is trash.

or do you just form your own opinion on every player the Browns could take by watching Youtube highlight reels.

See above.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Like I said, 2 bit hack.

I'm not your buddy. Go back to the Denver forum.

No. I actually have a life outside of reading pointless drivel. I go by what I see on Saturday afternoons and evenings during the fall. I'm right a lot. I'm wrong a lot. I don't pretend to be a paid NFL expert, but I have seen every game that Denzel Ward has played, being that he's an OSU guy and ALL they run is man, press man, and quarters. That hot take is trash.

See above.

You seem overly upset on a football message board and I cant help but think its because I root for 2 teams because you have told me to go back to the Broncos forum literally anytime you dont agree with my opinion. Sounds like a personal problem.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

You seem overly upset on a football message board and I cant help but think its because I root for 2 teams because you have told me to go back to the Broncos forum literally anytime you dont agree with my opinion. Sounds like a personal problem.

Nah not really. Most of what I said to you was sarcastic and in fun, although I came off as a huge doooosh. My apologies.

Your take on Ward is still horrific though. ;)

Archived