What would you give up for OBJ?

zelbell

Can’t believe people are actually factoring in Gordon into this decision. He’s has proven to be a major liability and is razor thin to being out of the league. 

Personally I give up 4 and 64. OBJ is arguably the best WR in football and is only 25, Calvin  Ridley who most consider the best WR in this draft is 23. His talent plus the fact that there isn’t a player at 4 who I love makes giving up that pick a easier pill to swallow

5 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Can’t believe people are actually factoring in Gordon into this decision. He’s has proven to be a major liability and is razor thin to being out of the league. 

Personally I give up 4 and 64. OBJ is arguably the best WR in football and is only 25, Calvin  Ridley who most consider the best WR in this draft is 23. His talent plus the fact that there isn’t a player at 4 who I love makes giving up that pick a easier pill to swallow

No one is doubting his skill, but his antics combined with his reported demands for 20 million a year have given some pause, including his current team.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No one is doubting his skill, but his antics combined with his reported demands for 20 million a year have given some pause, including his current team.

Sammy freaking Watkins just got $16M a season so I think OBJ asking for $20M seems reasonable lol

1 hour ago, zelbell said:

Sammy freaking Watkins just got $16M a season so I think OBJ asking for $20M seems reasonable lol

Just because someone overpaid for Watkins doesn’t mean everyone should just hand out bad contracts to any WR better than him.

Watkins deal was 48 mil, OBJ is seeking twice that over 5 years vs 3. 

If he was AJ Green or Julio Jones in the locker room and off the field, I have no doubt he’d get it, but he’s not. 

Also, it’s more than just the money, there’s draft compensation PLUS the contract.

I think if there’s ever a team that could do it, it’s us.

Tons of cap room, a QB on a rookie deal for 5 years and man do we just need an injection of watchability.

We’re paying Tyrod and Jarvis like 16m each this year. I’m sure we can afford to splash out for Beckham. Tyrod’s salary alone will be gone next year and almost covers it.

I just want to do everything possible to give the rookie QB every shot.

I wouldn’t put it past us winning a SB with say Darnold in the rookie deal, if we take him and put Beckham, Gordon, Landry, Njoku, Duke, Hyde and a RB alongside him. With Garrett, Ogbah, Ogunjobi, Chubb, Collins, Kirksey, Schobert, Randall and some more help in the back end.

Most of those guys contracts aren’t up for renewal until at least a few years. That’s a pretty big window for the rookie deal QB to get it done before we have to reshuffle the pack.

Wilson, Wentz are two that come to mind that got it done in the rookie deal on a loaded roster. I want us to be next!

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I think if there’s ever a team that could do it, it’s us.

Tons of cap room, a QB on a rookie deal for 5 years and man do we just need an injection of watchability.

We’re paying Tyrod and Jarvis like 16m each this year. I’m sure we can afford to splash out for Beckham. Tyrod’s salary alone will be gone next year and almost covers it.

I just want to do everything possible to give the rookie QB every shot.

I wouldn’t put it past us winning a SB with say Darnold in the rookie deal, if we take him and put Beckham, Gordon, Landry, Njoku, Duke, Hyde and a RB alongside him. With Garrett, Ogbah, Ogunjobi, Chubb, Collins, Kirksey, Schobert, Randall and some more help in the back end.

Most of those guys contracts aren’t up for renewal until at least a few years. That’s a pretty big window for the rookie deal QB to get it done before we have to reshuffle the pack.

Wilson, Wentz are two that come to mind that got it done in the rookie deal on a loaded roster. I want us to be next!

I don’t disagree with this, he’d be a get for us, no doubt.

My only point is I can understand why some wouldn’t be as interested.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree with this, he’d be a get for us, no doubt.

My only point is I can understand why some wouldn’t be as interested.

Yeah I don't think anyone thinks he wouldn't make us better. I don't like the idea of giving up the #4 overall pick for the opportunity to pay someone more than they are worth as a free agent though. If you want to overpay people overpay them when it doesn't cost you a high pick. Coming off of an injury, the drug video and the past domestic issues he has had with the kicking net also have to be considered.

51 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I don't think anyone thinks he wouldn't make us better. I don't like the idea of giving up the #4 overall pick for the opportunity to pay someone more than they are worth as a free agent though. If you want to overpay people overpay them when it doesn't cost you a high pick. Coming off of an injury, the drug video and the past domestic issues he has had with the kicking net also have to be considered.

No, not number 4.

I’d package later picks and then trade down a bit from 4 to recoup most of them.

Not sure I have heard one single Browns fan advocate for giving pick 4 straight up for Beckham.  We shouldn't.  Not worth a top 5 pick AND a big contract.  If he was on year 1 of a rookie deal then sure, give pick 4. 

I think people are over valuing the 4th pick or under valuing Odell . The best case scenario for that pick is to get a player that by the age of 25 is the same caliber player as OBJ but that’s highly unlikely. OBJ is on pace to be in the conversation for the GOAT WR. We would have our franchise QB on a rookie deal for 5 years still would have Garret on his rookie deal for 4 years so as long as Beckham continued to produce at a prolific rate I don’t think his contract would be an issue.

37 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I think people are over valuing the 4th pick or under valuing Odell . The best case scenario for that pick is to get a player that by the age of 25 is the same caliber player as OBJ but that’s highly unlikely. OBJ is on pace to be in the conversation for the GOAT WR. We would have our franchise QB on a rookie deal for 5 years still would have Garret on his rookie deal for 4 years so as long as Beckham continued to produce at a prolific rate I don’t think his contract would be an issue.

The best case scenario for that pick is to get a great player for 5 years with a small contract.   

The Giants aren't even sure they want to give him a huge contract, let alone do it without giving up ANY picks to make it happen.  We are not only going to give him a huge deal but also pick 4??  No, pick 4 is wayyyyy more than OBJ's "trade" value. 

I am all for trading for OBJ, but the only way pick 4 is gonna be involved there is if we trade down with buffalo/Miami/Arizona first and pay about 1/3 the value of pick 4...........or if they also trade us Nate Solder and absorb a huge cap hit for us :D

Archived