What would you give up for OBJ?

zelbell

Count me as one of the folks in here who likes the idea....but NOT so much as to get fleeced.....couple of things...

1. The Giants want to get rid of him. (The price is a LOT lower when someone wants to sell something, then when they want to keep something)

2. He's going to be a headache...he is the DEFINITION of a DEVA

3. He's coming off a Major Injury

4. He's going to want HUGE money.

5. Is he going to be able to work under Haley.....this reminds me of Terry Glenn and Bill Parcells, when he called Terry Glenn "She" on a natinoally televised interview.

We hold the leverage IMO.....TRUE he is a top 5 WR when healthy and focused.....but you know what.....SO is Josh Gordan......secondly we dont want to get into a situation where we have all these EXPLOSIVE personalities. Gordon, Landry, Beckam.....then you throw in needing to get passes thrown to Duke Johnson + Njoku (who looks like he might develop into a star) AND possibly taking a running back very high to go along with Carlos Hyde........an offense only has 1 football..

Having said that, I would offer to trade Corey Coleman + Nate Orchard + 4th Overall to the Giants for OBJ and 34th overall. Giants get the 2nd (Barkely) and 4th (Quinton Nelson) overall picks in the draft, a former 1rst rounder to replace Becham in coleman and a former 2nd round DE to help replace JPP..

We get our QB of the Future, OBJ and the top 3 picks of round 2.

I think that's fair for both teams.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don’t want to give up 4 or swap 1&2 to do it. 

They don’t have much leverage as he wants lots of money and isn’t under contract. 

Neither do I. He would be a luxury that we can afford to go without. Not that I wouldn't want that luxury or anything. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Unless he comes dirt cheap, I mean like a round 4 tops, then no thanks, let Gordon be 1, Landry be the all world slot guy, let Coleman try to stay healthy, and then draft a guy in round 2 perhaps.  We have Duke, we have Njoku, we have Devalve.  Barring injury or a failed drug test, we have pass catchers.

16 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Ahh maybe that’s what I’m thinking of

Correct...compensatory picks are 3rd round at the highest...

Conditional picks are whatever to the two teams agree too. Usually a conditional pick is upgradeable up to two rounds then where it starts...commonly. Theoretically a Conditional draft choice could start out as a 7th and based on whatever the "Conditions" are, move up to a 1rst. (I have never seen a range that wide though)

1 hour ago, James Burgess Jr. said:

I’d give the Giants 35

that contract is about to be massive and I don’t think the giants can afford it 

Eh maybe.  8 million this year and and then franchise tag if they want.  Factoring those in OBJ would still get the richest WR contract ever, but with that little bit of leverage the deal won't be "insane"

Schefter says Giants asking for two firsts. But thinks he will be traded for a 1st and 3rd/4th.

If I’m the Browns, I’m offering 33 and 35 and just getting it done, along with a sweet contract for Beckham.

We’ve got a rookie QB for 5 years, and a ton of cap. F it, let’s go!

Archived