Kozora 2018 Steelers Mock Draft – Version 2.0

MDSteeler1971

Now that Mann has retired I will give a pause.

Someone put forward to me that the Steelers might like Washington because his personality is like Hines Ward.  A Rb playing Wr.  We can't see the interviews to see if this is true.

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

No that Mann has retired I will give a pause.

Someone put forward to me that the Steelers might like Washington because his personality is like Hines Ward.  A Rb playing Wr.  We can't see the interviews to see if this is true.

He doesnt block with or play with any kind of ferocity like Hines as far as I could see. He does seem to have strong but not so consistent hands, meaning that he can bring things in on the inside, but can be not so aggressive at times as well. 

19 minutes ago, jebrick said:

No that Mann has retired I will give a pause.

AB, Sanders, and Wallace all came before Mann was a Steelers, though I understand the thought. Their draft philosophy seems to be more in line with the multi-year success of college athletes rather than their height, weight, speed that seems to overrun the talent evaluation of the position. 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree, but McDonald has never proven to be consistently reliable and James is a free agent next year.  Neither are much better than average.  Grimble is nothing more than a 3rd string TE.

And for the record, I dont want to draft a TE.   If its up to me, the first 3 picks would absolutely be defense unless there was crazy value somewhere on offense.

If we wanted to keep James he wouldn’t be that expensive either. 

7 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

Which was the truth!

Please share with me what about his combine performance was supposed to be so impressive that it moved peoples impressions about him up 3 rounds in value? Which number or what field drill are you referring to that impressed everyone so much? 

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

Bates is an early third round talent who will go mid second (stupidly) because of the combine. 

Rewatch his tape knowing now what he can do. Doesn’t match up. Played slower than he tested. 

Please share with me what about his combine performance was supposed to be so impressive that it moved peoples impressions about him up 3 rounds in value? Which number or what field drill are you referring to that impressed everyone so much?

Archived