New Rule: 15 yard penalty for initiating contact with helmet.

gopherwrestler

18 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No. It won’t. This concussion hysteria has been going on for about a decade. It hasn’t lost the NFL any fans. Parents haven’t stopped letting their kids play in droves. And even if they did, the types of kids we’d be losing wouldn’t be missed. Politicians will never ban the game because it would be career suicide. The game is in no danger over this 

Youth participation is down, ratings are down (even before the politcal stuff), and general public's perception of the league is down. 

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Youth participation is down, ratings are down (even before the politcal stuff), and general public's perception of the league is down. 

I'd say youth participation is down given all the new avenues now available to them to become successful in life besides just football. Public perception of the league is down due to the NFL lying to its players about the head trauma they were experiencing (see: Concussion), the lawsuit that preceded it, the political stuff as you mentioned, and the league's double standard of, "player safety" with the implementation of all the new rules designed to protect players (which is isn't doing anything btw) united with the continuation of Thursday night football. People see right through their bs.

I would like to see the data that the ratings were down before the national anthem dispute though (as they were obviously down after it). If it was down by any decent margin I believe it has much more to do with the league than the brutality of the game itself.

4 hours ago, Woz said:

Assuming the QB isn't initiating contact with another player but just diving forward, no.

Except more then half of QB sneaks are at the goal line where every player on the field is at. There is no where there isn't contact.

5 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No. It won’t. This concussion hysteria has been going on for about a decade. It hasn’t lost the NFL any fans. Parents haven’t stopped letting their kids play in droves. And even if they did, the types of kids we’d be losing wouldn’t be missed. Politicians will never ban the game because it would be career suicide. The game is in no danger over this 

....we wouldnt miss the people whos parents dont let them play? Lol what kind of nonsense is that.

9 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

....we wouldnt miss the people whos parents dont let them play? Lol what kind of nonsense is that.

Overprotective soccer moms raise wusses.Wusses don’t make it that far in football. Really there’s entire regions of the country we could lose and it wouldn’t dent the talent level of the NFL

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Overprotective soccer moms raise wusses.Wusses don’t make it that far in football. Really there’s entire regions of the country we could lose and it wouldn’t dent the talent level of the NFL

Well von miller, along with about a billion other athletes,  came out and said there parents opposed it or outright didnt let them play....so you post is just moronic machoism. 

Even the idea that it is wuss parents who dont let them play is hysterically idiotic. There is pro football players now who said they wouldnt let there kid play. So i guess they are simultaneously wusses and tough guys? Maybe just maybe parents dont let them play is because there are hundreds of other sports to play that are safer on every level. 

Just now, eagles101 said:

Well von miller, along with about a billion other athletes,  came out and said there parents opposed it or outright didnt let them play....so you post is just moronic machoism. 

Even the idea that it is wuss parents who dont let them play is hysterically idiotic. There is pro football players now who said they wouldnt let there kid play. So i guess they are simultaneously wusses and tough guys? Maybe just maybe parents dont let them play is because there are hundreds of other sports to play that are safer on every level. 

I didn’t say the parents were wusses. I said their kids were

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

QBs a different position. We all know this. Why don’t you list all the players with rich parents and I’ll list poor ones and see whose list is longer

Where did this conversation turn to...are you saying the talent pool for he nfl is mostly from poor people and with that poor people allow there kids to play football? 

2 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

What wusses, not wanting to suffer brain damage.  ¬¬

Millions of people played high school football. And they’re fine. What’s the fear? That if you’re good enough to go to college for free and start off at over $400k a year there’s a chance you might have have some memory loss and really bad headaches when you get older?

Archived