2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

3 hours ago, mission27 said:

In all seriousness something like Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield would be very painful but probably worth it for either of those guys given you are getting multiple years of team control and a legit #1 or at least high end #2.

Don't think either team would do it though.

That trade proposal gets a big "no way" from me. We took years to build up this depth and future. These guys represent that solid foundation IMO.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

That trade proposal gets a big "no way" from me. We took years to build up this depth and future. These guys represent that solid foundation IMO.

Part of the reason that is build is for trades. DeGrom is a legit ace for years to come. Love all those players but that is a deal I make. Especially if the Yanks believe they can get Machado in the offseason to man 3rd. Bring up Drury for the rest of year. 

4 hours ago, crab1106 said:

Part of the reason that is build is for trades. DeGrom is a legit ace for years to come. Love all those players but that is a deal I make. Especially if the Yanks believe they can get Machado in the offseason to man 3rd. Bring up Drury for the rest of year. 

Understood entirely. Frazier and Sheffield are prospects / potential at this stage - but if the talent evaluations have been done correctly, they're depth now - front line starters in a short while and for years to come.

I like Drury - good ballplayer - but I think Andujar has taken his spot. Unless pitchers suddenly find a recurring weakness/hole in his swing - he's represents "money" - again, now and for years to come.

Thats stability through strength - at a good cost - which I hope is the new Yankee way. Years past, prospects or young players didnt stand a chance with the team. They were traded away for more established - more expensive - stars / starters - with shorter careers ahead of them.

Not dissing DeGrom one bit - but I'm really wary of putting too many eggs in an expensive starting pitchers basket. An elbow here - a tendon there - and they're down for the count - under the knife - potentially with months of rehab ahead of them to hopefully regain their form.

We're in a really good spot now. Havent been here for quite awhile and it took alot of Cashman wheeling & dealing to get us in this position. Lets not piss it away too quickly......

We need a Starter - no doubt - but I dont like this proposed transaction with the NYMs.

Starter is a big need for the Yanks for sure but do they give up one of their impressive young talents to get a pitcher? I don't know. I think they should wait until next winter and free agency to addrss it.

Honestly, idk it would hurt trading away Andujar/Clint and Sheffield but if they get Noah freaking Syndergaard you have to do it. He’s gonna be 26 in late August. He and Sevy would be the best 1-2 punch for the next 6 plus years.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Honestly, idk it would hurt trading away Andujar/Clint and Sheffield but if they get Noah freaking Syndergaard you have to do it. He’s gonna be 26 in late August. He and Sevy would be the best 1-2 punch for the next 6 plus years.

I dont think he's even on the table. Thats just chatter. Maybe DeGrom? Which one had the TJ surgery already?

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Why don't we just grab a guy in FA? There are options this off-season. If we need a guy this year, make a move for Hamels or Ross (especially if the Rangers just want to dump Hamels for not much). Andujar looks like a stud. Why trade him because we're desperate for a run this year?

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Why don't we just grab a guy in FA? There are options this off-season. If we need a guy this year, make a move for Hamels or Ross (especially if the Rangers just want to dump Hamels for not much). Andujar looks like a stud. Why trade him because we're desperate for a run this year?

DeGrom would be about this year and 2 more. There arent many very good options in the market this offseason either. A deal of Andujar, Sheff and Frazier would be a massive win. All is moot though because they arent moving DeGrom for that package, especially to NYY.

2 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

DeGrom would be about this year and 2 more. There arent many very good options in the market this offseason either. A deal of Andujar, Sheff and Frazier would be a massive win. All is moot though because they arent moving DeGrom for that package, especially to NYY.

We're not getting DeGrom for that package. Patrick Corbin, Clayton Kershaw, Dallas Keuchel, Drew Pomeranz, Gio Gonzalez, and Garrett Richards are all slated to hit FA this off-season.

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hamels won’t cost too much, I read a rumor it’d be centered around Chance Adams which I’m fine with giving up. 

I feel like we should be aggressive for a GOOD pitcher like a Mad-Bum, DeGrom etc. because although the future is very bright, there’s no promises. If you would’ve asked Nats or Dodgers fans years ago I’m sure everyone of them thought they’d have one. We have too many question marks in the rotation and that’s gonna cause some problems, especially if you’re going up against Verlander, Cole, Morton and Kuekhel. 

Hamels, or a stud pitcher or we should wait. No Tyson Ross’ or JA Happ.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We're not getting DeGrom for that package. Patrick Corbin, Clayton Kershaw, Dallas Keuchel, Drew Pomeranz, Gio Gonzalez, and Garrett Richards are all slated to hit FA this off-season.

Assuming Kershaw goes back to LAD, the only very good option there is Corbin. 

Archived