2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

19 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

I'd like to send Will Harris a thank you card tonight

He sucks now. Used to be so good. 

Thankfully this was probably his last chance for a while at being a high leverage guy. Rondon has been so much better. 

10 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

He sucks now. Used to be so good. 

Thankfully this was probably his last chance for a while at being a high leverage guy. Rondon has been so much better. 

yep.  devo, rondon and giles should be our 3 main high leverage guys for the time being until we get bullpen help.  

also the mariners keep winning is annoying me.  they are due to regress but still.  uggg

9 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

Mariners tied with the Astros for 1st place in the division.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

oNe RuN gAmEs ArE uSuStAiNaBlE

Interesting tidbit from the last month or so.

James Paxton : 5 GS -- 2.00 ERA

Wade LeBlanc : 5 GS -- 1.98 ERA

Marco Gonzalez : 6 GS -- 2.13 ERA

Mike Leake : 6 GS -- 3.20 ERA

All hail: KING WADE LEBLANC

(The pitching staff will regress, but the offense should progress. Every hitter outside of Sugar and Hani are hitting well below their average rates).  

Great series by the braves against the nationals and some really fun games all the way around had a good chance at a 4 game sweep of them but 14 innings last night did us in.   Still taking the series 3 out of 4 and staying in 1st place is good stuff.   Culberson has had a great homestand so far i know he doesn't hit for much in the grand scheme of things but damn if he isn't a likeable guy and is pretty clutch when ya need him off the bench all the time. 

4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Great series by the braves against the nationals and some really fun games all the way around had a good chance at a 4 game sweep of them but 14 innings last night did us in.   Still taking the series 3 out of 4 and staying in 1st place is good stuff.   Culberson has had a great homestand so far i know he doesn't hit for much in the grand scheme of things but damn if he isn't a likeable guy and is pretty clutch when ya need him off the bench all the time. 

Should have swept them. Thank God Gohara is back and Socolovich got outrighted.

Charlie is extremely clutch. I think 4 of his 8 career HR’s are of the walkoff variety.

We need to take advantage of our schedule this month. 17 games against the Pads, O’s, BJ’s, Mets and Reds. 

32 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Should have swept them. Thank God Gohara is back and Socolovich got outrighted.

Charlie is extremely clutch. I think 4 of his 8 career HR’s are of the walkoff variety.

We need to take advantage of our schedule this month. 17 games against the Pads, O’s, BJ’s, Mets and Reds. 

Yup i agree bro these next 17 games if we play up to what we are capable of we can possibly turn this into a 4 to 5 game lead if any of the other teams struggle at all.   im starting to get that itch to that we should possibly go look for a legit tier 1 front line starter to pair with  Folty and Newcombe.   Having Julio and Soroka as your 4 and 5 starters with Sanchez or Mccarthy as injury or long relief isn't bad at all. 

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Yup i agree bro these next 17 games if we play up to what we are capable of we can possibly turn this into a 4 to 5 game lead if any of the other teams struggle at all.   im starting to get that itch to that we should possibly go look for a legit tier 1 front line starter to pair with  Folty and Newcombe.   Having Julio and Soroka as your 4 and 5 starters with Sanchez or Mccarthy as injury or long relief isn't bad at all. 

I wonder what we would have to give up for a guy like Chris Archer.

i don’t know if they plan on keeping Gohara in the pen for long relief or not but I would be ok with Folty, Newcomb, Soroka, Teheran and Gohara. I don’t see them taking B-Mac out of the rotation though.  

If they just end up addressing the pen, I would be happy. Kelvin Herrera would work.

There's a 25 year old pitcher in the American League who went 6 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 12 K today on the road against a playoff contender. Coming into today's start, he had thrown 70.1 IP with a 2.56 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, and 8 quality starts out of 12.

His ranks among the 22 qualifying 25-or-younger pitchers this season:

ERA: 3rd
FIP: 7th
Opponents' AVG: 1st

Soft%: 14th best
Hard: 14th best
SwStr%: 4th best
BABIP: lowest

He's benefiting from some luck for sure, but this player definitely seems to be making strides.

I'm talking about Blake Snell. Can you believe it?

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I wonder what we would have to give up for a guy like Chris Archer.

i don’t know if they plan on keeping Gohara in the pen for long relief or not but I would be ok with Folty, Newcomb, Soroka, Teheran and Gohara. I don’t see them taking B-Mac out of the rotation though.  

If they just end up addressing the pen, I would be happy. Kelvin Herrera would work.

The sad part is i don't see why they would leave B-Mac in the rotation he;s the worst starter we have at this point and the main one you can't depend on every start.   If you legit got a front line starter why would he be needed anymore as you would have the new Ace + Julio as the vet guys making B-mac not needed i would trade him off for a relief pitcher at that point or a low tier prospect with some upside if their was any takers at all.

I wouldn't mind a bullpen piece for sure though and hit FA hard this year even bringing back Kimbrel if we can get him as the closer again. 

Archived