2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'll always football anything that says eff Tony La Russa, but I wasn't even talking about him so much as the perception. I guess I should be happy as a dude who was on the anti-takeout slides brigade early that the MLB addressed it and fan perception has somewhat changed. 

It's just really easy to be salty about stuff when you have slides from < 5 years ago that are just brutal that got defended.

You act like it's a one-way street.  Cubs fans are going to defend their players, Cardinals fans are going to defend their players, and Brewers fans are going to defend their players.  MLB did what they had to do.

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Are we really bringing back a play that happened what, 5 years ago? Come on @ramssuperbowl99 you’re better than this. The game has changed, rules have changed. 

I walked it back a fair bit already:

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'll always football anything that says eff Tony La Russa, but I wasn't even talking about him so much as the perception. I guess I should be happy as a dude who was on the anti-takeout slides brigade early that the MLB addressed it and fan perception has somewhat changed. 

It's just really easy to be salty about stuff when you have slides from < 5 years ago that are just brutal that got defended.

It was just my first impression seeing the outrage from Cardinals fans.

Ok, so, poll question of the day:

In light of Rizzo's slide, which was borderline at best, clipping a catcher 3+ feet inside of the baseline, even though he was "technically" sliding into home, what should be done by the Pirates?

*The classic 90+ fastball in the ribs for Rizzo, both benches warned, and no one is allowed to throw inside for the next 8+ innings

*Nothing

*Sulking and whining to the media about baseball's antiquated lack of protecting players on slide situations

*Other

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Sulking and whining to the media about baseball's antiquated lack of protecting players on slide situations

tbh this. They could also file a formal protest with the MLB and petition to have Rizzo called out and the game restarted after that point, but they won't win so filing it would be a symbolic gesture.

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ok, so, poll question of the day:

In light of Rizzo's slide, which was borderline at best, clipping a catcher 3+ feet inside of the baseline, even though he was "technically" sliding into home, what should be done by the Pirates?

*The classic 90+ fastball in the ribs for Rizzo, both benches warned, and no one is allowed to throw inside for the next 8+ innings

*Nothing

*Other

OTHER: Anthony Rizzo should be drawn and quartered.

Archived