From what I read, hear and think will happen mock

BowserBroncos

I came up with this after putting together everything I've read and heard from the insiders......I do not like or agree with some of this picks - like #2, sorry NYG fans - but this is really what I think it might happen. 

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold - QB - USC

2. New York Giants - Josh Allen - QB - Wyoming

3. New York Jets - Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA

4. Cleveland Browns - Bradley Chubb - EDGE - NC State

5. Denver Broncos - Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn State

6. Buffalo Bills (Trade with IND) - Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derwin James - S - Florida State

8. Chicago Bears - Quenton Nelson - G - Notre Dame

9. San Francisco 49ers - Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

10. Oakland Raiders - Denzel Ward - CB - Ohio State

11. Miami Dolphins - Vita Vea - DT - Washington

12. Indianapolis Colts (Trade with BUF) - Harold Landry - EDGE - Boston College

13. Washington Redskins - Minkah Fitzpatrick - DB - Alabama

14. Green Bay Packers - Joshua Jackson - CB - Iowa

15. Arizona Cardinals - Christian Kirk - WR - Texas A&M

16. Baltimore Ravens - Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise State

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Roquan Smith - LB - Georgia

18. Seattle Seahawks - Isaiah Wynn - OL - Georgia

19. Dallas Cowboys - Da'Ron Payne - DT - Alabama

20. Detroit Lions - Marcus Davenport - EDGE - UTSA

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Orlando Brown - OT - Oklahoma

22. Indianapolis Colts (Trade with BUF) - Derrius Guice - RB - LSU

23. Los Angeles Rams - Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama

24. Carolina Panthers - Carlton Davis - CB - Auburn

25. Tennessee Titans - Rashaan Evans - LB - Alabama

26. Atlanta Falcons - Maurice Hurst - DT - Michigan

27. New Orleans Saints - Will Hernandez - G - UTEP

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Lamar Jackson - QB - Louisville

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU

30. Cleveland Browns (Trade with MIN) - Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame

31. New England Patriots - Isaiah Oliver - CB - Colorado

32. Philadelphia Eagles - Hayden Hurst - TE - South Carolina

12 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

But you like the position? The Bengals are always one of the team that I have more difficulties to learn this things

The only tackle I want in 1 is McGlinchey, but we do need a RT somewhere in the first 3 rounds.  Someone who can step in and play right away.  I would be fine with Brown at 77, or even 46 if we got a center in 1.  We also need a FS, but to me, I want Daniels, Price, or Ragnow in this draft more than any safety not named Derwin James.

Your NOLA pick at 27 is absurd. The Saints have one of the best offensive lines in football right now. Our Gs Larry Warford and Andrus Peat are 26 and 24 respectively, both healthy, both playing at high levels. I can't figure out a single reason why you would pick a G at 1.27 outside of the fact that you don't really know about our teams needs.

Considering who is available, Sam Hubbard, Courtland Sutton or Lamar Jackson would all be picks that would make much more sense. BPAs at positions of need.

7 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Your NOLA pick at 27 is absurd. The Saints have one of the best offensive lines in football right now. Our Gs Larry Warford and Andrus Peat are 26 and 24 respectively, both healthy, both playing at high levels. I can't figure out a single reason why you would pick a G at 1.27 outside of the fact that you don't really know about our teams needs.

Considering who is available, Sam Hubbard, Courtland Sutton or Lamar Jackson would all be picks that would make much more sense. BPAs at positions of need.

Peat was ranked as one of the worst starting guard of the league and could be on his way out of NOLA with the Saints don't pick his 5th year option. Hernandez is better than him and will be a great player....I figure that would be a pick that would make both Ingram and Kamara better.....that could be scary.

The Saints have hosted Hernandez on a visit.

28 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Peat was ranked as one of the worst starting guard of the league and could be on his way out of NOLA with the Saints don't pick his 5th year option. Hernandez is better than him and will be a great player....I figure that would be a pick that would make both Ingram and Kamara better.....that could be scary.

The Saints have hosted Hernandez on a visit.

Only place I have seen call Peat "one of the worst" is PFF and I have learned not to trust their OLine rankings very much. They also said Max Unger had one of the worst years, but he was clearly average to above all year. As was Peat. PFF is the only site to have weird negative comments about our OLine. Kamara and Ingram would not have run as well as they had if they were as bad as PFF said. Brees would not have been sacked so little. Trust me here. Peat is not going anywhere, at least not as a Guard. He sucks when we move him to tackle the times we have. But his inside game has been very good. Also, he is going into his 4th season. Very rarely do you see teams exercise the 5th year option before the 4th year starts. 100% disagree with your pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916199/article/saints-bills-rams-among-nfls-10-best-offensive-line-units
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-week-10-farmer-20171111-story.html
http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/22028804/2017-nfl-playoffs-ranking-best-offensive-lines-defensive-front-sevens
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

This OLine is fine as it is. Peat is just fine a LG. I absolutely guarantee you Peat will not be replaced with a 1st round pick. With the line playing as well as it is, we have to address other needs before we could even consider bolstering something we are already one of the best in the league at.

2 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Only place I have seen call Peat "one of the worst" is PFF and I have learned not to trust their OLine rankings very much. They also said Max Unger had one of the worst years, but he was clearly average to above all year. As was Peat. PFF is the only site to have weird negative comments about our OLine. Kamara and Ingram would not have run as well as they had if they were as bad as PFF said. Brees would not have been sacked so little. Trust me here. Peat is not going anywhere, at least not as a Guard. He sucks when we move him to tackle the times we have. But his inside game has been very good. 100% disagree with your pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916199/article/saints-bills-rams-among-nfls-10-best-offensive-line-units
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-week-10-farmer-20171111-story.html
http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/22028804/2017-nfl-playoffs-ranking-best-offensive-lines-defensive-front-sevens
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

This OLine is fine as it is. Peat is just fine a LG. I absolutely guarantee you Peat will not be replaced with a 1st round pick. With the line playing as well as it is, we have to address other needs before we could even consider bolstering something we are already one of the best in the league at.

I would be surprised if Peat end up as a rotational guy and leaves NOLA after the season.....Saints have a great OL but Peat isn't the reason.....you have two excelent OT and one of the greatest C of recent history.

9 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

You literally said he wasn't in your top 10 of your Mock Draft three days ago. Nothing has changed in the last three days compared to what was out there before. 

Josh Allen has been locked into being drafted at 5th at worse when John Elway went to Idaho for a bowl game in the snow and then the Broncos demanded to coach him in the Senior Bowl. You people are literally blind if it took until the month of April to understand this guy is loved by NFL teams..

13 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I would be surprised if Peat end up as a rotational guy and leaves NOLA after the season.....Saints have a great OL but Peat isn't the reason.....you have two excelent OT and one of the greatest C of recent history.

One of the problems that Peat has was inconsistency at LT this past year as we had Ramzy, Armstead, and Peat rotating through that spot this past year due to injuries along the OL.  Peat played fine at LG and isn't a position that needs upgrading unless for some reason Nelson drops to the Saints at 27 which is just too good of value to pass on.

But as Navy said, Hubbard, Jackson, and Sutton are all better picks at that point of the draft for us.

Archived