Chargers sign QB Geno Smith

TheKillerNacho

53 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Finally someone to push Rivers into the spotlight years of his career!

And after Rivers hangs em up at 52, we'll have the future Aaron Rodgers ready to boom!!! 

The future is bright! 

That's right!!!

And I, for one, have been swung over by the tireless rhetoric, by the indemnities and persuasions of Dinklage, and have come to believe in the shining promise and sure success of Geno Smith!!!

May he, and the San Diego (damn!) Los Angeles Chargers go, and thrive, and fore'er triumph, until the sun sets for all time beyond the vast Pacific!

Image result for Geno Smith

Good and underrated signing for the Chargers. Geno is a good QB and backup. He was better than Eli in the game he played last year, whatever delusional Giants fans say. PFF has rated Eli an average overall QB since 2012, despite a changing oline, weapons, Odell, etc.

In but 1 game, Geno registered a higher PFF rating than Eli did in virtually all his games. Geno was more accurate, faster feet, stronger arm, showed more consistent footwork under pressure.

I'm a Geno truther. I was a Foles truther last yea (Goff truther before it), and everyone laughed at me. When Foles won the SB, I felt vindicated. So I'll stick to my guns here too.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

How has Cardale looked in preseason/TC? Buckeyes fan asking.

Granted, it was against (some) 2nd and mostly 3rd-stringers, albeit the Rams' defenses backups which was reasonably deep last year, but I watched him in person at a preseason game at the Coliseum last year with a good view of what he was seeing and his reads were solid.  Short and medium-range accuracy still leaves something to be desired (it looked to me like it was the same issue Vick had where he hasn't seemed to register that he needs to take some velocity off those throws because it's affecting how catchable they are when they're rocketed in from point-blank range), but they were improved from where he was in the Natty game.  His pocket feel looked visibly improved.  And that long ball is still a thing of beauty.  Given the rate at which teams expect QB's to develop in the NFL, I'm not sure he's ever a starting caliber guy before the plug gets pulled on him, but it's not completely out of question.

Archived