Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

31 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

I have no idea why some of them are so salty. I mean, I want to make clear that the majority of them don't care one way or the other about the Rams. But some of them are crazy salty.

I have zero salt. 

My team just won the real championship. Im feeling great homie.

Ive seen my team win the offseason before. And as we all know, it worked out about as well as a dumpster fire

14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

... Jarvis Landry? Of course he ain't going for a first! He's not worth a first! Who the hell would do that?

When was the last time a WR on the franchise tag was traded for a first?

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

When was the last time a WR on the franchise tag was traded for a first?

When was the last time you saw a WR moved in two consecutive off-seasons for a first?

If one could happen, why couldn't the other?

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

When was the last time you saw a WR moved in two consecutive off-seasons for a first?

If one could happen, why couldn't the other?

Because the former is a lot more likely than the latter due to the balance of bargaining power.

Rams coach Sean McVay, on new WR Brandin Cooks: "The thing that really stood out to Les, myself and the entire organization is not what type of player he is, but the feedback you got about him as a person. I'm hard-pressed to remember a player who has had so many positive things said about him from different people that he's been exposed to."

DAmn so much lies, Mcvay drunk the cool aid all the way. 

38 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Also, I brought up Pederson in regards to McVay because its just laughable how people like @jrry32 are literally acting like McVay can do no wrong and is now somehow the NFL's brightest mind (on offense). Which is laughable. Not saying McVay ia Trestman because.....hes not. But Trestman is a perfect example of a rookie HC who took a Bears offense and elevated it from mediocre to one of the best in the league. Only to crap out and now coaches in Canada IIRC.

I think that he needs to prove himself. One year doesnt prove jack. It shows us what is possible for sure. But to say that the NFL fans should value his opinion on football over that of BB or Payton is just laughable.

So really what I want to know is if 2017 makes McVay the future GOAT...what does it make Pederson? The guy who you know, actually was a better coach last season in his 2nd as a HC? The future Mega GOAT? 

And why are people here just assuming that McVay is behind this? Hes not BB. Or Payton even, who I am 100% sure has much more say in trades/signings etc. 

Baconrad, if you want to deal with your insecurities, create an Eagles/Rams thread in NFL Gen. It's not our job to make you feel better about Dougie P.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Baconrad, if you want to deal with your insecurities, create an Eagles/Rams thread in NFL Gen. It's not our job to make you feel better about Dougie P.

You're right.

*googles past Superbowl winning coaches and sees Pederson at top of list*

I feel better

Just now, BAConrad said:

You're right.

*googles past Superbowl winning coaches and sees Pederson at top of list*

I feel better

Cool. Now, we can get back to talking about the HC with 0 losing seasons and the beast known as Brandin Cooks.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Cool. Now, we can get back to talking about the HC with 0 losing seasons and the beast known as Brandin Cooks.

I was talking about him.

And I legitimately want to know why you think that two future HOF, SB winning head coaches in Payton and BB somehow know less about Cooks than McVay and Snead do? Why should we trust the latter over the former?

Cooks is a very good WR. I agree. But I dont see how it is a good deal for you guys considering what you gave up and Cooks' contract?

Just try to think COnrad. 

McVay wanted a replacement for Watkins. He didn't find one in FA and having a 1st 23 doesn't guaranteed drafting a WR that would be ready to produce like a WR1 this year.

So Snead decided to  get a WR1 that he wouldn't get in this draft for a 1st 23. Is that such a bad deal ? 

Cooks has only 1 year contract left but so what ? At worst, he doesn't want to sign the extension but he still has to work his butt on the field to get his new contract and we would either tag him or let him go for a compensatory pick. But he would still help us this year on the offense.  

Archived