Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

@stl4life07

Watkins wasnt a top 5 pick.....

Even if he was, why does where he was drafted matter at all here? Hes been in the league 5 years. Draft stock doesn't mean anything to anyone in the league who actually knows what theyre doing. 

So would you justify trading a 2nd round pick for Luke Joeckel?

I mean...he was a top 5 pick man..

You made my case for me lol. Draft stock don’t mean anything to those who know what they are doing. So saying the Rams wasted a 2nd round pick when who knows what that 2nd round pick will be. I’d rather take a chance on a guy who actually helped the Rams offense be tops in scoring than an unknown draft pick.

All I know is this season is going to be fun. The NFC is loaded and once the season starts nobody that are of real contention will be thinking about a 2nd round draft pick. I can’t wait lol.

22 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I was talking about him.

And I legitimately want to know why you think that two future HOF, SB winning head coaches in Payton and BB somehow know less about Cooks than McVay and Snead do? Why should we trust the latter over the former?

Cooks is a very good WR. I agree. But I dont see how it is a good deal for you guys considering what you gave up and Cooks' contract?

Belichick made the same trade. But I didn't realize that the Saints and Patriots were guaranteed to win every trade.

If you want to know why I'm confident that McVay knows what he's doing, take a look at this link and tell me who #1 is:

http://m.espn.com/nfl/aggregates?groupId=9&season=2017&seasonType=2&split=0&statgroup=total&category=totalPoints

34 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You can’t possibly not see the irony in this...?

Double negative playboy.

But what irony? Ironic that Im an Eagles fan? Was my teams HC a rookie coach last season? McVay has 1 season and 0 playoff wins.

Pederson has 2 seasons and he just went on to dominate the regular season en route to winning the SB with a backup QB by outcoaching the GOAT 

So. Im still waiting to see the irony

On 4/4/2018 at 11:47 AM, DoleINGout said:

I think you'll see Mason Rudolph (23rd), Lorenzo Carter (31st), Mark Andrews (43rd), and Martinas Rankin (63rd). Also a second QB drafted later.

Mason Rudolph - I will throw my TV out the window pick.  Landry if  he falls.

Lorenzo Carter - I use my other TV and jump up and down with joy.

Mark Andrews - BB cost me 2 TVs that went out the window.  Look at WR or CB.

Martinas Rankin - Skipped to the store to buy a TV with a big *** smile on my face.

Mason Rudolph is the next Chad Henne. He sucks

Andrews is a product of  Sooner football. He will be a bust. Can't block to save his life and is slow as heck.

6 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

But both Belicheck and Sean Payton (another HC who has significantly more experience and results over McVay) didn't feel as if Cooks was worth it for their long term plans. Neither of the Hall of Fame QBs seemed to bat an eye, either. (Guys who were playing at a high level when McVay was in High School).

If you're betting on McVay, that's cool. Just understand there are guys with much better resumes that waved good bye when that ship sailed.

To be fair, there are very few guys that Belichick feels are "worth it," so that's not the strongest litmus test.  And the Saints had Brees hitting free agency a year later (from when they traded Cooks) and had just had Michael Thomas breakout in his rookie year.  Payton decided Cooks wasn't worth it... relative to what they already had and the cap space they were going to need (because Bus Cook client QB's never take team-friendly deals).  Context is important.

26 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Double negative playboy.

But what irony? Ironic that Im an Eagles fan? Was my teams HC a rookie coach last season? McVay has 1 season and 0 playoff wins.

Pederson has 2 seasons and he just went on to dominate the regular season en route to winning the SB with a backup QB by outcoaching the GOAT 

The irony is that you said one year doesn’t prove squat - when with out this one year, your HC is just one of the many JAGs to have coached in the NFL. 

Keep up the quality posts, man.

On 4/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Sooo much of this post shows how you are completely missing what this trade actually is.

Im not sure how you can try to differentiate Replacement Level and replaceable?

No one said he is Julio or Brown, but he is much more than a "one trick pony". You clearly havent actually looked at past drafts to see how hard it is to find a true #1 WR. And while he isnt a Top 5 guy, Cooks is surely a Top 25 guy, and thats all this Offense really needs.

Also, a 1st rounder (again, especially outside the Top 20) does not promise you a 5 year starter. And in this draft the immediate impact talent ends after about 13-14 prospects, maybe pushed to pick 16-17 when you factor in the QBs that will go too early.

You clearly dont comprehend the past or especially present situation of Alec Ogletree

Pats picks

mccourty 27th
nate soulder 17th
chandler jones 21th
donta high tower 25th

I not so sure about that Out of top 20 deal !!!

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

I was talking about him.

And I legitimately want to know why you think that two future HOF, SB winning head coaches in Payton and BB somehow know less about Cooks than McVay and Snead do? Why should we trust the latter over the former?

Cooks is a very good WR. I agree. But I dont see how it is a good deal for you guys considering what you gave up and Cooks' contract?

uh.. BB feels the same way about cooks that mcvay did seeing as he made basically the same trade a year ago. And they tried to extend him. Thoughts on that or you wanna stay salty? God forbid we talk about a team being good other than the eagles.

On 4/4/2018 at 5:23 PM, Kiltman said:

Sound reasoning...cause yea ODJ>>>Cooks

Cooks is a solid good receiver but not a dominant force out there like OBJ can be.

I feel like WR are too easy to scheme out to be overly worth huge trade hauls, but OBJ would be in the top 3 of guys worth it.

Pats fan here,   "Cooks is a solid good receiver but not a dominant force out there"  Exactly couldn't say it any better. IMO I thought we were getting a potential super star. Brady and Cook would strike holy fear but it never happened.   He was good but missing the it factor.  Strange thing is he stunk with catches at the line of scrimmage. He has a fear factor and bad vision.  Maybe because he so small.  The writers in Boston are say he will be looking for a 16 mill contract with a huge signing bonus. BB had to move him on that alone. He is no way worth more than Brady and Gronk. I being honest here, I was shocked when a team gave a 1st for him when he IMO is not worth it and all team should of known BB  would get rid of him and not have to pay such a huge contract for a deep threat.

I can't see any Rams fan being happy if he signs and mega contract that throw

16 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

64 years. no trophies. it's impressive to be mediocre for that long.

get your sorry *** NFC championships stats outta here. all I care is we have 5 SB's. You have 1.

math hello?

bye

awww salty that the pokes have not done a dam thing in 23 years ....  and learn to count . It has not even been a year yet since Eagles won their last Trophy ... and before that is was 1960  which also puts the Eagles into the history books of being THE only team to beat the REAL Lombardi. So since you want to start coutning accient history of the cowboys .  The Eagles have 4 Championships.  I would be mad too if I had JJ as a owner / GM .   Guy still living off the worlds luckiest trade and being able to win before the CAP era of NFL 

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Pats fan here,   "Cooks is a solid good receiver but not a dominant force out there"  Exactly couldn't say it any better. IMO I thought we were getting a potential super star. Brady and Cook would strike holy fear but it never happened.   He was good but missing the it factor.  Strange thing is he stunk with catches at the line of scrimmage. He has a fear factor and bad vision.  Maybe because he so small.  The writers in Boston are say he will be looking for a 16 mill contract with a huge signing bonus. BB had to move him on that alone. He is no way worth more than Brady and Gronk. I being honest here, I was shocked when a team gave a 1st for him when he IMO is not worth it and all team should of known BB  would get rid of him and not have to pay such a huge contract for a deep threat.

I can't see any Rams fan being happy if he signs and mega contract that throw

He showed is not "it" factor in the SB.  He showed his true colors and that he did not play smart Football .  I can see why Billy boy would not mind getting rid of him .... THe Body Slam and Giant circle of death

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Mason Rudolph - I will throw my TV out the window pick.  Landry if  he falls.

Lorenzo Carter - I use my other TV and jump up and down with joy.

Mark Andrews - BB cost me 2 TVs that went out the window.  Look at WR or CB.

Martinas Rankin - Skipped to the store to buy a TV with a big *** smile on my face.

Mason Rudolph is the next Chad Henne. He sucks

Andrews is a product of  Sooner football. He will be a bust. Can't block to save his life and is slow as heck.

If ever there was a prospect comp to Tom Brady it would be Mason Rudolph, you'll be happy in due time if he is the pick. Trust that.

Also, Mark Andrews can get better at blocking. He is a covered receiver. His skill in the slot is unmatched by any player in this draft. The more I think of it though, Lorenzo Carter is more likely a pick at 43 I think. Ideally the Pats would be able to get Rudolph at 31 and Rashaan Evans at 23.

2 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Double negative playboy.

I'm not going to get into the irony (because you are blind if you can't see it). However, here are some interesting facts:

2016 Rams

4-12

32nd in points scord

2017 Rams

11-5

1st in points scored

2015 Eagles

7-9

13th in points scored

2016 Eagles

7-9

16th in points scored

The facts speak for themselves. You keep talking about McVay not having a playoff win. Pederson couldn't even improve on the record of his predecessor in his first year, and his team scored less points. I know you're desperately seeking validation for Pederson, but the jealousy has got to stop. Your team won a Super Bowl. Be happy. Yea, you don't have Sean McVay, but Douge P. is a damn good coach in his own right. Now, let's talk about how great Brandin Cooks is.

Archived