Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The irony is that you said one year doesn’t prove squat - when with out this one year, your HC is just one of the many JAGs to have coached in the NFL. 

Keep up the quality posts, man.

Man, you're right. If 2017 never happens....my god! The Eagles dont win a Superbowl??!?!?! Nicky 9 inches doesnt win Superbowl MVP?!?!?!

Wait a second.

Hold up.

Oh right.

2017 DID happen. My bad dude. Getting caught up in all of those "if my aunt had balls shed me my uncle" analogies. So now that were back to reality, in which the events that already happened did in fact happen, let's get back to discussing Brandin Cooks and the Rams rather than talking about time travel and alternate realities. 

I love how riled up the Rams fans get here just by me simply, this time literally, just dropping one Eagles-related post/example/comparison. I go out and talk about why I dont like the trade value at all for LA, and give all fine reasons IYAM IMO TBH. And once I bring up Doug Pederson its all "YOU! INSECURE!!! YOURE SO INSECURE ABOUT YOUR SUPERBOWL CHAMPION TEAM AND YOUR STUPID SUPERBOWL WINNING HEAD COACH!!!" 

Maybe actually tell me why giving up a valuable first round pick, one in which I was assured would be used to easily fill one of the Rams weaker spots on defense, for a WR set to make 8.9 mill on his only remaining year of his deal...a WR who made raucus in NO when his coach was using him as more of a downfield decoy rather than feeding him #1 WR targets.....who will now be going to a Rams team who very well might use him in that exact role, a team that threw the ball over 10 yards in 2017 less than half the league.....why is this a good trade? Why does Cooks fit so well in your offense? I dont see it. Then again, oh hey look objectivity guys take notes, I dont know the McVay offense as well as some of you (by some of you I mean @jrry32 bc despite whatever we disagree on, I know that the guy knows his football and not many other Rams posters in this thread except maybe one have proven anything to the contrary). So i legitimately want to know how youll incorporate Cooks.

What if Cooks ends up basically putting up #3 WR stats this season? I feel like that idea isnt too farfetched. 

19 minutes ago, Bend The Knee said:

As a Rams fan. I like this trade, but damn man. Why does every thread turn into "Rams vs Eagles"? Let's wait for the season to begin and actually see how cooks produces. 

Apparently Eagles fans cant voice opinions on Rams players or coaches now without being labelled as "salty" (which is weird since we have literally nothing to be salty about given that we not only beat the Rams head to head in LA without Wentz for the final quarter and go on to win it all). 

Ive been a big supporter of a lot of some of their more criticized moves. IE I called the Woods signing a year ago brilliant....loved LaMarcus Joyner when they drafted him and I still do...Absolutely love the Peters trade. He has been one of my favorite non Eagles players since he was at Washington. But i guess its more fun to just what plays out

10 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Man, you're right. If 2017 never happens....my god! The Eagles dont win a Superbowl??!?!?! Nicky 9 inches doesnt win Superbowl MVP?!?!?!

Wait a second.

Hold up.

Oh right.

2017 DID happen. My bad dude. Getting caught up in all of those "if my aunt had balls shed me my uncle" analogies. So now that were back to reality, in which the events that already happened did in fact happen

You’re adorable.

See that would all be relevant if you didn’t say “one year doesn’t mean jack”. So, with that logic that you used, Pederson hasn’t proven jack. That’s the irony. Let me again try to dumb it down for you: 

According to you: One year doesn’t mean jack. 

Pederson: Has only proven to be a successful coach in one year. 

Therefore: Pederson hasn’t proven jack. 

Don’t care about the other nonsense about how you're being shamed by Rams fans (I’m not a Rams fan btw) - @The LBC already took you to school on your vendetta against LA.

10 hours ago, GreenMean69 said:

He showed is not "it" factor in the SB.  He showed his true colors and that he did not play smart Football .  I can see why Billy boy would not mind getting rid of him .... THe Body Slam and Giant circle of death

Yes WR 101 You never turn back into pursuit. You can get yourself killed.

7 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Why does Cooks fit so well in your offense? I dont see it. Then again, oh hey look objectivity guys take notes, I dont know the McVay offense as well as some of you (by some of you I mean @jrry32 bc despite whatever we disagree on, I know that the guy knows his football and not many other Rams posters in this thread except maybe one have proven anything to the contrary). So i legitimately want to know how youll incorporate Cooks.

Cooks fits so well into our oiffense because it is predicated on vertical spacing. Cooks will definitely give us that, but he also offers the route versatility that McVay loves in his WRs. He'll fill the DeSean Jackson/Sammy Watkins role. The difference between him and Sammy is that Cooks has all off-season to work with Goff and learn the scheme. It was quite obvious that Goff didn't trust Sammy last year because Sammy had a tendency to not be where he was supposed to be.

As for Cooks' numbers, anyone who tells you he'll put up 1500+ yards 14 TDs isn't being realistic. We have too many talented receiving threats for that to be likely, but if he puts up an efficient 1000 to 1100 yards and 7+ TDs at around 16 to 18 yards per catch, he'll be doing his job. That's because the most important parts of his responsibilities are drawing coverage and stretching the field vertically to open up space for the other players to work the short and intermediate passing game. McVay is all about using his route combinations to create space, open windows, simplify reads, and give his QBs easy throws if they read the defense correctly. Simply put, Cooks puts us in a great position to defend our scoring title because of his ability to win vertically and his strong all-around game.

11 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ugh, all these posts are too long. Can I get the Cliff's Notes? 

Here you go....

1.  Cooks get traded.

2.  Debate on NE's mindset and MO about trading for/trading away guy.

3.  Debate on whether Cooks is worth an extension.

4.  Then....last part:

8 hours ago, Bend The Knee said:

As a Rams fan. I like this trade, but damn man. Why does every thread turn into "Rams vs Eagles"? Let's wait for the season to begin and actually see how cooks produces. 

You're welcome.

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Here you go....

1.  Cooks get traded.

2.  Debate on NE's mindset and MO about trading for/trading away guy.

3.  Debate on whether Cooks is worth an extension.

4.  Then....last part:

You're welcome.

Still too long. This time tell me through interpretive dance

8 hours ago, Bend The Knee said:

It really does feel like this has happened across multiple threads in different parts of the forum.

9 hours ago, BAConrad said:

I love how riled up the Rams fans get here just by me simply, this time literally, just dropping one Eagles-related post/example/comparison. I go out and talk about why I dont like the trade value at all for LA, and give all fine reasons IYAM IMO TBH. And once I bring up Doug Pederson its all "YOU! INSECURE!!! YOURE SO INSECURE ABOUT YOUR SUPERBOWL CHAMPION TEAM AND YOUR STUPID SUPERBOWL WINNING HEAD COACH!!!" 

Man, you're right. If those other comments in those other threads over the past (nearly) three weeks never happens....my god! The you're totally being unfairly judged!!!!! BAConrad is just a victim of circumstance!!!!!

Wait a second.

Hold up.

Oh right.

Those other comments in those other threads DID happen. My bad dude. Getting caught up in all of those "if my aunt had balls shed me my uncle" analogies. So now that were back to reality, in which the events that already happened did in fact happen, let's get back to discussing Brandin Cooks and the Rams rather than talking about time travel and alternate realities. 

Fair enough? Or should I point out, one more time, all of those quotes. Like the first words out of your proverbial mouth in this thread? If you dont want adversarial responses, don't be adversarial in your first breath. And if you do come in like that, dont play the role of the martyr when Rams fans, fans of other teams, and even Eagles fans, point out that you are a big part of the problem. 

You are coming off as insecure. If everyone keeps saying it, maybe the problem is you and not everyone else. I mean, do I need to go back and count how many times you have made sure to mention the fact that the Eagles won the superbowl and that Doug Pederson is a SB winning coach in threads regarding the Rams or when responding to people making mention of the Rams? 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Cooks fits so well into our oiffense because it is predicated on vertical spacing. Cooks will definitely give us that, but he also offers the route versatility that McVay loves in his WRs. He'll fill the DeSean Jackson/Sammy Watkins role. The difference between him and Sammy is that Cooks has all off-season to work with Goff and learn the scheme. It was quite obvious that Goff didn't trust Sammy last year because Sammy had a tendency to not be where he was supposed to be.

As for Cooks' numbers, anyone who tells you he'll put up 1500+ yards 14 TDs isn't being realistic. We have too many talented receiving threats for that to be likely, but if he puts up an efficient 1000 to 1100 yards and 7+ TDs at around 16 to 18 yards per catch, he'll be doing his job. That's because the most important parts of his responsibilities are drawing coverage and stretching the field vertically to open up space for the other players to work the short and intermediate passing game. McVay is all about using his route combinations to create space, open windows, simplify reads, and give his QBs easy throws if they read the defense correctly. Simply put, Cooks puts us in a great position to defend our scoring title because of his ability to win vertically and his strong all-around game.

Yeah, I really see McVay salivating at what Cooks might be able to open up for others every bit as much as what he can do on his own.

I dont mean that in any sort of Randy Moss sense. I just mean it in the sense that Cooks can be used to stretch the field and move safeties in a couple different ways when paired with Todd Gurley and Woods/Kupp. I think McVay is really looking to build as balanced an attack as he can. Which sounds like a "duh" statement. But I mean it in a "I am not looking for a WR1 with WR1 measurables and WR1 numbers. I am looking for a guy that is going to compliments the offense I envision. A guy who will feed off of others as well as helping others feed off of him."

I think we are set up really well to use a lot of PA. Defenses really have to respect the Rams running game as long as Gurley is producing. And I think Cooks in particular, with his short area quickness and straight line speed, could really be utilized well with that in mind. Whether it is over the top or underneath. I think it just falls to how well Goff and the o-line can sell it. But if they can, we could have an amazing PA attack with the dynamic Cooks and the sure handed, solid route running Woods and Kupp.

Could he completely bust in Los Angeles? Of course. That is always a risk. But, sitting where I am sitting, I dont have any reason to expect him to. I dont consider him any more of a risk to disappoint in Los Angeles than most other WRs in the NFL. And I, without a doubt, don't have any reason to consider him a riskier acquisition than a college WR selected at 23. 

BAConrad himself said in another thread that WR was a huge area of need for us. And one he couldn't see us filling. Well, we made a move to fill it. Time will tell if the move works or if it blows up in our face. 

12 hours ago, Bend The Knee said:

What's a little odd about this is that the Rams' Forum, and the Eagles' Forum, have some of the best and most-knowledgable posters on the entire site. Guys I read regularly so that I can learn about football. Which I do, from their posts. Some of you I believe I've given kudos to in the past. Frankly, in my position, as a) a New York Giants fan, and b) an ignoramus, I'm envious. 

And also grateful.

Image result for Los angeles RamsImage result for Philadelphia Eagles

Archived