Packers Big Board #12

Packerraymond

Who is #12 on the Packers Big Board  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #12 on the Packers Big Board?

• Mike Hughes
    • Jaire Alexander
    • Josh Jackson
    • Vita Vea
    • Taven Bryan
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Mike McGlinchey
    • Connor Williams
    • Will Hernandez
    • Derrius Guice

Now the hard part begins. Top 11 are done and we're to the guys I'd say really only interest any of us with a trade down, not at 14.

#1 - Bradley Chubb [DE; NC State]

#2 - Saquon Barkley [RB; Penn State]

#3 - Denzel Ward [CB; Ohio State]

#4 - Derwin James [S; Florida State]

#5 - Tremaine Edmunds [LB; Virginia Tech]

#6 - Minkah Fitzpatrick [DB; Alabama]

#7 - Marcus Davenport [EDGE; UTSA]

#8 - Harold Landry [EDGE; Boston College]

#9 - Quenton Nelson [OG; Notre Dame]

#10 - Roquan Smith [ILB; Georgia]

#11 - Leighton Vander Esch [LB; Boise State]

Yeah, I think you're jumping the gun, Ray. LVE has more votes than Roquan now.

I know you're trying to cram ahead of 4/26, but you've got to give it more time than that.

Also, I'd like to write in Rashaan Evans for my vote from here until he gets on.

Just now, Gopher Trace said:

Yeah, I think you're jumping the gun, Ray. LVE has more votes than Roquan now.

I know you're trying to cram ahead of 4/26, but you've got to give it more time than that.

Also, I'd like to write in Rashaan Evans for my vote from here until he gets on.

Boards are tier based anyway, I don't think anyone would argue LVE and Smith belong in the same tier. I said first to 10 gets the nod and that was Smith. If it ends up drastically different later I'll swap them.

I understand personal preferences but there is no way Alexander is higher on the Packers board than Jackson. Jaire doesn't even meet the height threshold. Jackson may have had a bad workout at the combine but his tape is far superior to Alexander's. In the two marquee games of Iowa's season Jackson absolutely balled out. On top of that Pettine likes big corners and the ceiling of Jackson is much higher than Alexander's.

5 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

I understand personal preferences but there is no way Alexander is higher on the Packers board than Jackson. Jaire doesn't even meet the height threshold. Jackson may have had a bad workout at the combine but his tape is far superior to Alexander's. In the two marquee games of Iowa's season Jackson absolutely balled out. On top of that Pettine likes big corners and the ceiling of Jackson is much higher than Alexander's.

Jaire was over 5'10. I actually believe he's higher than Jackson, same with Hughes. Jackson is super soft, and struggles with man. I just don't like him much at all. Wish you could give those instincts and ball skills to another CB though because those are legit.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jaire was over 5'10. I actually believe he's higher than Jackson, same with Hughes. Jackson is super soft, and struggles with man. I just don't like him much at all. Wish you could give those instincts and ball skills to another CB though because those are legit.

I agree on Jackson's weaknesses. But you can't teach size/ball skills/instincts and all of those he has on his side.They didn't even look at a 5'10 guy in FA. Granted they met with Hughes but I am guessing that is a trade down/2nd round play/smoke screen. Not to mention they love their WR to CB converts...

I'm late to the party. So...this is a Packers specific big board right? so we're ignoring QBs?

Are we going BPA? then Barkley at two makes sense. Nelson, Smith, Fitzpatrick seems a little low.

If we're not and we focusing on Packers needs then why Barkley at two? why even have Nelson on the big board already?

I'm amazed that there's only one CB so far on our big board. My next pick has to be Jackson.

3 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

I agree on Jackson's weaknesses. But you can't teach size/ball skills/instincts and all of those he has on his side.They didn't even look at a 5'10 guy in FA. Granted they met with Hughes but I am guessing that is a trade down/2nd round play/smoke screen. Not to mention they love their WR to CB converts...

Think man skills are king though with the guys they want outside. That's a big weakness for him.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm late to the party. So...this is a Packers specific big board right? so we're ignoring QBs?

Are we going BPA? then Barkley at two makes sense. Nelson, Smith, Fitzpatrick seems a little low.

If we're not and we focusing on Packers needs then why Barkley at two? why even have Nelson on the big board already?

I'm amazed that there's only one CB so far on our big board. My next pick has to be Jackson.

It's a blend of value and need I'd say. Saquon and Nelson grade out as elite for many and most people and they have a hard time passing that up.

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not sure he makes these plays if he's "super soft". You don't shoot down like that if you're not willing to hit a guy

ByrDWpw.gifG52N9y.gif

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think man skills are king though with the guys they want outside. That's a big weakness for him.

They've trusted Whitt with safety & multiple basketball player/WR converts. Right or wrong I tend to believe they believe they think can teach Jackson man to man technique. They value length outside above all else. 

I just have a hard time believing Gute is going to abandon both of his mentors' thresholds and have a player like Alexander/Hughes rated as the #12 player on the big board over a guy like Jackson. 

Archived