UPDATE- Boldin Retires after 2 Weeks with the Bills

Kmart128

12 minutes ago, coors said:

I'd have thought he would only be playing for contenders at this point in his career. 

He is though.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/08/anquan-boldin-playing-win-another-championship/

"I'm also playing to win another championship. That's the reason I play this game, that's the reason I'm here, to try to win the championship. Nothing else." "I think this team is close enough, if you ask me," Boldin said.

4 minutes ago, coors said:

I guess it's moot if we don't agree that the Bills are contenders. 

What is your definition of contender? If its a team that can make the playoffs, I think the Bills are certainly in that discussion at this point. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

What is your definition of contender? If its a team that can make the playoffs, I think the Bills are certainly in that discussion at this point. 

I don't see their offense as a big enough threat to make the playoffs. I have always liked Shady but I feel that if he's their only offensive weapon, putting up numbers will be a struggle. I don't have any confidence in their skill position players outside of him. 

20 minutes ago, coors said:

I don't see their offense as a big enough threat to make the playoffs. I have always liked Shady but I feel that if he's their only offensive weapon, putting up numbers will be a struggle. I don't have any confidence in their skill position players outside of him. 

The offense did it's part last season and with a not completely terrible defense we would have likely been a wildcard team. I don't think we are going to make the playoffs this season but I don't expect it to be because the offense is terrible. 

1 hour ago, coors said:

If Sammy stays healthy they have a great playmaker outside. There are high hopes for their rookie WR as well. Tyrod is serviceable at QB, especially with such a good running game. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

If Sammy stays healthy they have a great playmaker outside. There are high hopes for their rookie WR as well. Tyrod is serviceable at QB, especially with such a good running game. 

Banking on a guy who has never been healthy before, to be healthy, is a tall task. 

8 minutes ago, coors said:

Banking on a guy who has never been healthy before, to be healthy, is a tall task. 

No one said banking. The guy they take to the bank is Lesean and that is fine. His strong play makes the rest of the offense better. 

2 hours ago, coors said:

They did score the exact same amount of points as the Steelers last year. I wouldn't bet on them doing again this year but it wasn't an anemic offense by any means.

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They did score the exact same amount of points as the Steelers last year. I wouldn't bet on them doing again this year but it wasn't an anemic offense by any means.

And that was without said injury prone WR.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He wasn't signed to be a camp body but depending on what he has left it could turn out that way.

The Patriots had guys in similar situations that wound up being unexpected camp bodies like Torry Holt

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The Patriots had guys in similar situations that wound up being unexpected camp bodies like Torry Holt

Well according to the first depth chart that the Bills released:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-release-first-unofficial-depth-chart-/75a39d5c-7c83-4b23-a4a0-4d56b8074cb3 &nbsp

That doesn't appear to be the case here.

Archived